Volturn squad ( Peaked #2 on ladder )

Introduction

Hi everyone! for those who dont know me, my nick is Coverride, and i started to play ru around two years ago. Today i wanna post a team i did the last week, and gave me a really nice record on ladder. I wanted to do this team around volturn, a playstyle who get more stronger and viable after the megalix/ttrum ban. English isn't my main language so please dont kill me if i have any mistake!

Peak:
Team Preview

Teambuilding Process

As i said, i wanted to make te team around volturn. this is actually one of the best volturn cores, with megalix banned magneton can just break entire teams with specs+analytic. I choice flygon as a partner because its an excellent pivot, and also gives me hazards controll and ground/electric inmunity.

I need rocks so i add diancie, also helps as a cleric, and stopping things like fletch,etta,exploud, and no iron tail sneasel. It's very important in the team because his hability to check the most fighting types, and scrafty which is a threat for the team.

I was weak against alomomola and others water/fighting types, so i choice sigiliph, this thing is just amazing rn, with flame orb and cm can be really good vs stall and balanced.

Jellicent help me with flygon, emboar and also gives me a decent medicham switch in. Also helps against some steel types.

I was really weak to Virizion and grass type like Venusaur, so drapions helps me to deal with them and other psychic types like meloetta, its also a pretty nice revenge killer with scarf, and a good cleaner in late game.

In Detail

Flygon @ Leftovers(
)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP / 168 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Defog

As i said flygon and magneton were the stars of the team, bulky flygon can tank a lot of things in the meta like Camerupt, houndoom, scarf meloetta, electric types etc. 108Speed is to outspeed timid specs magneton and then roost or just eq him. U-turn helps me with the tempo.
Magneton @ Choice Specs(
)
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]
No much to say about this, this thing is just amazing. Specs magneton is now without mega steelix really nice, can do massive damage with specs+analytic on switch ins and destroy entire teams. Volt/Tbolt/Fcannon for stab, and hidden power grass to hit some ground and water types which resist my stab, like gastrodon,seismitoad.

Diancie @ Leftovers(
)
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Heal Bell
Diancie is my stealth rock user, my first flying / dark resist and my cleric. Helps me a lot against most of fire types like fletchinder. The evs let me avoid the 3hko from Sneasel, and takes 3 boomburst from specs exploud. It's very important in the team because his hability to check the most fighting types, and scrafty which is a threat for the team.

Jellicent
@ Leftovers(
)
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Hex / Scald

Jellicent it's my answer to flygon, and most of fighting types. Standart set with 44Speed for taunt some mons. I run hex on the importable, but scald is also a great option. It's also my spinblocker. Taunt Jellicent is really great, help me to kill things like slowking, alomomola, and other fatmons that can be taunted.

Sigilyph
@ Flame Orb(
)
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Psycho Shift
- Calm Mind
- Air Slash

Sigiliph it's my win condition here, with cm and psycho shift i can set up in mons like bulky flygon, tw slowking, alomomola, aromatisse, and burn threats like drapion, scrafty, absol and other physical mons. This is my best win condition against fullstall and semistall.
Drapion
@ Choice Scarf(
)
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Drapion act as a revenge killer, it's very important to kill threts like Virizion, and trap weaken stuff just as Hoopa, Meloetta, etc. Knock/Pursuit/Poison Jab for stab, and earthquake to hit regi and other steel types. I run jolly but adamant isn't a bad option if you want more power, but lose the tie with 90speed scarfers like meloetta.

Threats

Iron Tail sneasel just fuck me lol. I can revenge kill with drapion. Magneton can take a knock off tho.

I get 6-0d by the DD+Iron head set.

Rain teams give me a lot of problems. Ludicolo can just clean the team if it's raining.
Importable

Last edited:
Hi, cool team and congrats on peaking ladder. Flygon + Magneton is always a good archetype when it comes to building VoltTurn teams because of their synergy with each other. However, I have some changes that you could use to improve your team.

Dark Type pokemon can be a problem, especially when they have a move that lures in and KOs Diancie. Your two fighting checks (i.e; jellicent + sigi) also suffer from a Dark weakness which can be unfortunate due to some fighting types like Gurdurr / Hitmonlee carrying Knock Off. The first change I would recommend is running Colbur Berry over Leftovers on Jellicent. Colbur Berry definitely has its advantages for this Pokemon, luring in Pokemon like Sneasel and Absol that you would normally fear and crippling it with a burn and overall assisting with Knock Off users as it will take less because of resistance berry + the item is knocked off after. An optional change I would recommend is running a different Jellicent of EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe with a Bold Nature to outspeed Blastoise and taunt it so it can't toxic you, while also functioning as a spin + scald absorber. However, this specific change will come with reduced bulk.

The Second change I would recommend is Toxic Spikes over Earthquake on Drapion. Earthquake is not needed as much due to Flygon checking Pokemon like Magneton and Registeel with its STAB + having Diancie to heal any toxic that Registeel uses on Flygon. Toxic Spikes are very helpful in letting Sigilyph clean up lategame and increase its effectiveness as a wincon. Poisoned checks are much less effective VS Sigilyph and opposing Pokemon get wore down much quicker in general. For example something like CM Slowking which may try to set up vs Sigi and beat it with Psyshock will have a much harder time through constantly dealing with poison damage and air slash flinching. TSpikes also helps Magneton work as a much more effective cleaner.

Hope, I helped with the changes and good luck with your team in the future!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)