National Dex Vote For Bernie Sanders [Smeargle Webs] [Peak - 1934 Number 1]

The Peak:

Smeargle Peak.PNG

Hello readers, I am the bread sandwich formerly know as agl. This is my 4th rmt and I decided to give it a bernie sanders theme with super Tuesday coming up soon. This team started in generation 7 when I came up with the idea of running smeargle with a vivillon like set but with shell smash and power trip for huge damage output. I also liked to idea of having a team with a luck based wincon but a solid webs team behind it in the events that you have bad luck. And this the team was born and did bery well in generation 7 ladder getting me to number one on ladder with an elo of 2130 and a gxe of 95. Once National Dex Ag came out and moody was changed to not drop accuracy anymore I was excited to use smeargle again. The team proved to continue being viable in generation 8 with a couple of changes to account for the shift in generations. The team peaked at 1934 and my gxe is still increasing right now (The Account had a pretty low gxe when I made it my main and decided to ladder seriously with it) I have been having fun ruining ladder so without further to do lets get in to the teambuilding process.

Teambuilding Process:

1583105505798.png
1583105559784.png
1583105560603.png
1583105706606.png
1583106596188.png
1583105578903.png

I Started in generation 7 copying grnbln's webs team but putting shell smash smeargle over vivillon
1583105505798.png
1583105559784.png
1583105560603.png
1583105706606.png
1583129975359.png
1583130018387.png

When national dex anything goes came out I was excited to use the team that got me the most success in generation 7, I decided to replace ray with zacian because it was the new exciting thing and I thought I would be better on the team than rayquaza. And with generation 8 I like arceus ghost more than ekiller so I decided to replace ekiller on the team.
1583105505798.png
1583105559784.png
1583105560603.png
1583105706606.png
1583129992346.png
1583130019287.png

I was quick to realize that rayquaza was still better on webs than zacian crowned is especially because it pairs well with arc ghost because it ditto comes in on rayquaza it can't extreme speed or else arc ghost comes in and sets up for free.
1583130009369.png
1583105559784.png
1583105560603.png
1583105706606.png
1583129993719.png
1583130020187.png

I added excadrill because of the team's glaring weakness to sub zacian, aerodactyl wasn't able to do anything against lead sub zacian so I switched to excarill and it worked really well at preventing the team from losing to zacian.

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Extreme Speed
- Brick Break

Arceus ghost is an amazing sweepers and probably one of the most underutilized threats of National Dex Anything Goes In my opinion. In generation 7 it was my favorite offensive arceus form to run on webs but dynamax has pushed the threat of this mon to another level. After one swords dance arceus ghost can kill pokemon such as defensive ho-oh and necrozma dusk mane with shadow force. When dynamaxed arceus ghost can one hit ko primal groudon, defensive arceus, and doesn't have easy switch-ins. Max phantasm lowers the opposing pokemon's defense and that allows makes arc ghost a difficult pokemon to check. Max Strike lowers the oppsing pokemon's speed and that allows it to support smeargle in the event of sub zacian and other fast pokemon that aren't effected by webs. I deliberately chose this moveset too to make it somewhat imposterproof, shadow force is the only move ditto can use to damage arc ghost and smeargle can take advantage of that and set up with ease.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Excadrill is an amazing suicide lead in generation 8, the buff to rapid spin gives it the ability to boost it's speed and gives it the ability to beat lead sub zacian. Rock tomb allows excadrill to support the smeargles by lower the opponents speed so smeargle can set up on them. Because Stall and particularly mega sableye is less prevalent and I am running 2 spore pokemon on this team I ran earthquake over toxic, earthquake also gives excadrill the added benefit of beating pokemon that would want to lead against it otherwise such as zacian and necrozma dusk mane. Overall I don't think there is a better choice for a lead on this team and excadrill has been doing super well in its niche of setting up rocks and lower the opponents speed.

Smeargle @ Leftovers
Ability: Moody
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Substitute
- Power Trip

This smeargle set was something I came up with in the previous generation, I wanted to emulate what vivillon does on smeargle and in my opinon smeargle proved to be easier to set up and more destructive than vivillon. The changes to moody helped smeargle by removing the ability to lower its own accuracy. suddenly smeargle became so much more consistent than last gen by only removing the ability to boost evasion, which in my opinion wasn't really too important. Spore is arguably the best move in the game, 100% accurate sleep is pretty much broken and allows smeargle to set up with ease. Shell smash is smeargle's setup move of choice, every shell smash boosts the power of power trip by 120 so smeargle can get up to absurd power level to where not even fairy types can wall it.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Baton Pass
- Taunt

My second smeargle is more of a classic webs smeargle with a slight twist, it runs moody + baton pass to give its teammates boosts. Usually the boosts aren't too good when there is always the occasional game where this smeargle's moody boosts allows for a sweep that the opponent can't stop. Usually if I get attack boosts I just go in to rayquaza or arc ghost and if I get special attack boosts I go in to xerneas. Taunt prevents defog and allows for smeargle to prevent mons from just setting up on it.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder

I chose xerneas on this team mainly because of its niche as a special sweeper. Geoxern has proven to be an absurdly powerful special sweeper that forces the opponent to dynamax to check it. I also chose this to pair with rayqaza because xerneas can force necrozma to dynamax which can leave the opponent without ray checks. Although I don't usually chose this mon to dynamax xerneas is a very good dynamax sweeper and give me the option to either dynamax xerneas or arc ghost depending on which one seems to do better in the given matchup.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

A quote from one of my friends Unicorn Heart describes why I run this mon best " Webs is just an excuse to run SD Rayquaza." Swords dance rayquaza on webs is one of the best breakers in the game, very few mons can live a +2 attack from rayquaza. This mon in combination with arceus ghost is also a ditto proof core, if ditto comes in on +2 ray it is forced to use extreme speed and give arceus ghost a turn to set up a swords dance. With rayquaza being way less popular this generation there are fewer checks to rayquaza on most teams which allows sd ray to go wild.

Medicare For All (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Extreme Speed
- Brick Break

Not me. Us. (Excadrill) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Free College (Smeargle) @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip

Cancel Student Debt (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Baton Pass
- Taunt

End Corruption (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder

Clean Energy (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed

Threatlist:
Ditto is a threat to any offense team this generation, although this team has ditto countermeasures if ditto comes in at the wrong moment it can be game over from there.

Safety goggles Zygarde beats every mon on the team except xerneas so this mon is basically a guaranteed win if you have it on your team

Ferrothorn is able to beat excarill and the 2 smeargles but doesn't pose a threat to ray, arc ghost, or xern. But if played well it is a big threat to this team mainly because of iron thorns preventing rapid spin and its immunity to spore.

Zacian isn't too big of a threat if webs are up but when they aren't up then zacian becomes a huge menace that is difficult to beat.

It is difficult to make a team that isn't weak to yveltal but if yveltal gets the team in to the wrong situation then it can just mop up the team and win.

Replays:
VS Vuduo
Vs Orange Diesel
Vs Icemaster (Ladder Peak)
VS La Prison
VS Hogwashimperial
VS Imabroom
VS BananaBen
VS Vaackk

Conclusion:

This is a team I have really enjoyed using. Although most other people would say this team in luck based and in consistent I find it to be very consistent. I like that I can either chose to win by smeargle cheese or by the solid webs team backing up the smeargles. Overall I have really liked generation 8 and the moody changes and I hope to continue making teams (Hopefully less cancer than this one lmao).

Vote for Bernie Sanders​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)