WallStallBrawlBawl

This is my RMT for my first OU XY team.

With the advent of mega evolution and less than effective effectiveness of weather teams, this team finds itself doing better than worse in most cases. This team is predominantly composed of walls that all work around trapping, weakening and or killing before Mega-Aerodactyl shows up. The way this team is played is essentially countering and neutralizing the threats of the other team members while still providing support through Wish healing and pivot switching to constantly force opposing switches and trap those who would set up. This team does come with flaws however, mostly in their speed and weakness to sets like Mandibuzz Swagger set, however they can deal with high multitude of threats while still being bulking and getting OHKO's without sacrificing too many or any of my team. Now on to the team.

Goodra (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

This is the special wall of sorts of my team who with AV becomes a beast defensively and take out many special threats to my team relatively well. All the EV's go in SAtk and Spd to be as offensive as possible. With 150 base SDef I saw no reason to invest more than that and left it as it was. With Gooey I can quickly begin to outspeed opponents and do very decent damage. However the downfall of Goodra is being dragon, the ice and fairy type attacks can become daunting, even debilitating preventing KO's or even damage in general.

Wobbuffet @ BrightPowder
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Mirror Coat

This is my trapper of course who does more than trap. Using him I can effectively shut down those who would attempt to set up via Encore or destiny bond. The main highlight comes with shadow tag more so than counter or mirror coat. Examples of how I use him are when faced by a scrafty with DD I can encore than switch to Mega-Aerodactyl to get the kill or force a switch into another KO. The downfall of Wobbuffet comes in taking dark and bug type hits very hard and being taunt bait(good thing at times).

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Fire Fang

With blazing speed and excellent attack and mega evolution, he boost himself very high when it comes to offensive prowess. He truly isn't a sweeper but more of a revenge killer in the way that he does not set up and I don't feel comfortable using him for anything that isn't a guaranteed OHKO. Stone Edge is placed for STAB while EQ brings coverage. Iron Head deals with fairy types among others and brings a chance of flinching. Fire Fang rounds out the set bringing much needed coverage and helping finish Aegislash who threaten him.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Spore

The first part of my pivot combo, he comes with high Def EV's to handle what Goodra and Umbreon cannot while bring utility in the form of Spore and Regenerator. Clear Smog brings STAB and the ability to lower stats of encore locked or baton pass teams. Black sludge provides a bit of added recovery and Giga Drains brings STAB and coverage. Foul Play rounds out the set especially when faced against fighting types. His weaknesses hurt him at times when being a defensive pivot but his utility makes up for it in a pinch.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play
- Taunt

Umbreon is the second part of my pivot combo, providing Taunt and cleric-like support. EVs are made in a way that Umbreon handles many physical threats while dealing with special threats to some extent. Max HP for max wish heals and Foul Play brings the set to a close dealings with psychics and many physical threats very well. Synchronize makes prevents me from being crippled and keeps me moving. Downfall of Umbreon comes with being outsped by some taunters more than anything else.

Xatu @ Quick Claw
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SAtk / 252 HP
Hasty Nature
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Confuse Ray
- Heat Wave

Xatu is the last member of my team and does a number of things. Preventing hazards and status while stopping taunts makes him very worth it. Some have argued that Espeon is better however using Thunder Wave and Confuse ray can shut down opposing threats who attempt to set up. U-Turn is there for momentum and some KO's rarely. Heatwave brings coverage but not much else. Quick Claw can make this set shine netting KO's and status spreads easily. It's weakness are pretty much the same team wide. A glaring weakness to bug brings down the entire team.

Ok, starting out with goodra. That Goodra set seems to be a really common set used for many AV Goodra's. Goodra seems to be consistently perform good in ou battles so I would suggest keeping it.

Wobbuffet, I really don't see Contributing much. Indeed you have shadow tag, but many people now a days especially, use u-turn, volt-switch, etc. Not only that, but relying on counter/mirror coat is not the best thing to do. There are many pokemon in the ou tiers that can have options when deciding to use a SpA Attacker or Attack Attacker so you really need to be the ultimate predicting person to decide which move to use. Besides from that, most people know that wobbuffet has counter or mirror coat so they can use there time to charge up boosting moves DDance, Swords Dance, Calm mind, etc. What I suggest is adding Aegi-slash to your team. It can mix wall and mix attack and can be a great switch from Goodra in case your up against, Fairy, Ice and Dragon.

Now Mega Aero. Well here is the thing. Aero is really to be honest is not the best mega you want. There are many other mega's that can be used and will perform way better. For example, I would suggest Mega Tyranitar/Regular Tyranitar or even Terrakion. Mega Tyranitar can take hits and deal heavily damage. Most Mega TTar's run DDance so it can help with that speed and Boost its attack even more!

Amoonguss. Ever since mega venusaur came to OU, amoonguss has no purpose. Mega Venusaur can tank almost all types including weaknesses like fire/ice. If you decided to use Mega T-Tar, even regular Venusaur performs better.

• 591 Amoonguss
    Effect SporeRegenerator
  • HP 114
  • Atk 85
  • Def 70
  • SpA 85
  • SpD 80
  • Spe 30
  • BST 464

• 3 Venusaur
    Overgrow Chlorophyll
  • HP 80
  • Atk 82
  • Def 83
  • SpA 100
  • SpD 100
  • Spe 80
  • BST 525
  • Usually Amoonguss is a put pokemon to sleep type and drain them, but Venusaur does a way better job.
  • 3 Venusaur-Mega
    Thick Fat
  • HP 80
  • Atk 100
  • Def 123
  • SpA 122
  • SpD 120
  • Spe 80
  • BST 625

That Bulk is really insane! Also, SpA is incredible making Mega V a huge threat in ou.

Umbreon. Now really, Umbreon has good stats and is a really good mixed wall. However, let's check its stats.
  • 197 Umbreon
    SynchronizeInner Focus
  • HP 95
  • Atk 65
  • Def 110
  • SpA 60
  • SpD 130
  • Spe 65
  • BST 525
Umbreon is somewhat common in OU, but there are many other pokemon than umbreon to choose from. For example, Blissey or Evolite Chansey. These two pokes are really common because of the High health and SpD stats.
Not only that, but one taunt can make Umbreon a very useless pokemon. Blissey and Chansey Have Natural Cure so they can switch out without having to pay attention to there status problems. If you planning to keep umbreon, I would change the moveset of Foul Play into toxic. Umbreons Attack is not so great and in combination of wish Umbreon can stall.

Last, but not least xatu. Xatu made me really suprised of the reason why you chose this pokemon. The only thing Xatu is even really used for is its ability (Magic Bounce) It's stats are not really up to par against ou Pokemon. If your trying to T-Wave pokes and such, I would use a prankster pokemon or Togekiss. Togekiss with Serene grace is a very "frustrating" strategy by that, I mean for the opponent. In combination with Air slash, this will almost guarantee flinch's for days.
Sabeyle or Thunderus or Liepard I would say are the top prankster users.

If you need to test your team on Pokemon showdown, don't mind sending me a challenge. I'll be in Lobby, Tournaments, Wifi, and Youtube Room most of my time. My name is (xlstevo)

Hope I helped!

Wobbuffet, I really don't see Contributing much. Indeed you have shadow tag, but many people now a days especially, use u-turn, volt-switch, etc. Not only that, but relying on counter/mirror coat is not the best thing to do. There are many pokemon in the ou tiers that can have options when deciding to use a SpA Attacker or Attack Attacker so you really need to be the ultimate predicting person to decide which move to use. Besides from that, most people know that wobbuffet has counter or mirror coat so they can use there time to charge up boosting moves DDance, Swords Dance, Calm mind, etc. What I suggest is adding Aegi-slash to your team. It can mix wall and mix attack and can be a great switch from Goodra in case your up against, Fairy, Ice and Dragon.
Its fairly obvious if a pokemon is a special attacker or a physical attacker. You will never see a special talonflame. You can also encore a pokemon using swords dance or dragon dance

Its fairly obvious if a pokemon is a special attacker or a physical attacker. You will never see a special talonflame. You can also encore a pokemon using swords dance or dragon dance
It is fairly obvious at times to tell if a Pokemon is a physical attacker or Special attacker. However, there are many pokemon that can use either or. Aegislash most likely being the most common. Not only that, but Encore can sometimes be bad for you if you don't act quickly. Once you encore a pokemon that is stat boosting, you really need to get rid of it ASAP. Since wobbufeet is really a extreme obvious pokemon to see thorugh, Toxic or status moves can be easily be taking advantage of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)