Weather Alert : SandStorm

Hey guys,what's up? Over the few weeks I've been thinking about a way to counter meta or just make a good team. Whenever I usually face people, the chance of me facing weather is pretty big. One day I thought lets make Anti-Meta. The team having Chlorophyl,Sand Rush,Swift Swim,it was pretty good when I faced a weather team,other than weather teams it was pretty much shit. It was a moment where it was If you can't beat em' join em'.I decided to join them. At first the first weather that came to my mind was the mighty Hail. I spent a week making a Hail team,trying to perfect it. When I got the final version completed I noticed it couldn't compete with most weathers not having something like Swift swim where my speed doubles. Hail is more dominate in UU. Hail was then out of the picture and then Sun came in. I wasn't really a fan of Sun because of the lack of good Chlorophyll users being limited to bad typing. Sun was ok but not really my type of play style. Then I wanted to try Rain, rain was by far the easiest team I've made that could win with ease. I really didn't like the fact that the only time I could use Swift Swim with Drizzle was using Anti-Meta or being in Ubers. I then tried Sand,with sand there was so many options. With Sand Rush and many options I loved the use of Sand.

Original Team concept

The original concept of the team was a too frail and weak to statuses such as Toxic and Paralyze. Once Gastrodon was gone,my water invincibility was long gone. I decided to look up some teams and start adding some Mons that I liked.Also I felt like 2 Inducers was a bit too much and could be potentially wasting a slot that could be for a valuable Pokemon.

The Team

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- ThunderPunch

This Tyranitar was mainly focused to take out any Weather Inducer along with things such as Deoxys-D. The Crunch was for Deoxys-D mainly and things like Espeon looking to set up screens. The Superpower was for opposing Tyranitars or Abamasnow. Earthquake was for the amazing Ninetales. The last move I was a bit happy when I saw this was viable on Tyranitar. THUNDER PUNCH!!!!! With a Choice band this can One hit KO any Politoed that will attempt to Scald my T-tar which he will live through like a boss and strike back.Adamant Nature to just hit everything hard.The EV set was to hit hard and fast.252 Speed out speeds most Politoeds and one hits them with the mighty ThunderPunch. I've lived through the surf of a Starmie and lived to hit back with the Crunch.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Recover

I was a bit skeptical about Latias I thought it couldn't just shrug off Ice Beams and Ice Shards.WRONG,it can! With 252 Speed 235 Def and 21 SDef and a Bold Nature it can! I chose more Def over SDef since I was going to have Calm Minds racking up on my Latias. Leftovers was to shrug off any damage I might take from the Sandstorm or while I'm using Calm mind. Dragon Pulse was a nice STAB. I didn't choose Draco Meteor though,I don't like re switching to get the de buff off or wasting my Calm minds.Psyshock over Psychic was for 'dem walls. My team HATES Blissey or walls in general so I needed a Psyshock to kill it and things like Blissey in general. Recover was to heal up for any damage I've tooken or just to simply stall.

Terrakion @ Liechi Berry
Trait: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide

Ok,this Terrakion is unorthodox. Most Terrakions wield a Band or a Scarf or even a Life Orb,nope not mine.After a single Rock Polish Terrakion can outspeed some scarf users and hit back hard with that heavy attack. Now,Leichi Berry was the hard decision it was that or Life Orb,I didn't like the Life orb because of the Recoil,After eating a Leichi Berry Terrakion can kill most threats with a rock slide or a close combat. Rock Polish was pretty obvious to out speed most things because I didn't like using a Scarf. Earthquake is to dent anything that doesn't resist. Close Combat was a nice STAB being able to Ohko most things and not take any damage because they would be dead. Rock slide or Stone Edge?? I picked Rock slide because it is still Strong it has a nice flinch rate and BETTER accuracy then Stone Edge. Stone edge missing on me has caused me to yell and scream and lose games. Also,the flinch from Rock Slide has won me games too.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch
- Drain Punch

Lucario Lucario Lucario, It was a hard decision replacing Scizor with Lucario.I replaced Scizor because I didn't like Scizor's typing. Although Lucario can learn 3 different Priority moves but only 1 was necessary. This set is the typical Extreme Swords with crunch to kill off any ghosts or psychics that may switch in. Drain punch over close combat because I wanted to make up for my Recoil that I've taken from my other moves. The EV set was to out speed most things things and hit hard.

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Agility

I noticed something really special about Empoleon his Steel typing. It lets him not take any damage from the sandstorm. Empoleon was mainly to counter Rain teams and other Sandstorm teams. The Sub sweeper you're looking at is dangerous. After Subbing or just using Agility right away then Subbing is a potential game changer. After a single Agility Empoleon may not be able to out speed things like Jolteon but it has enough speed to out speed most things on opposing Sand teams and Rain teams. With substitute taking 25% of my HP Empoleon gets closer to activating his Torrent and Petaya berry which then makes him unstoppable. With a STAB,Rain,Torrent,Petaya boosted Surf it can Ohko most Rain Pokemon or just a STAB,Torrent,Petaya can ohko most Sand team pokemon. The Grass knot was for walls or other Water pokemon such as Politoed. Empoleon makes a great Sub-Sweeper.

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang

This amazing dog is a game winner. With Sand rush and a choice band this will outspeed most scarf users and One hit with the appropriate move. Return is a main STAB of choice doing heavy damage to anything that's not Ghost. Crunch is for Ghosts/Psychics/ and things like those that threaten to harm my team. Fire/Ice fang was for revenge killing dragons and anything that's takes heavy hits from Ice/Fire.

I was somewhere around 49 in the OU ladder then I let my brother play on my account and he started losing,LOL.Anyways be sure to leave a rate and any suggestions

Importable

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- ThunderPunch

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 235 Def / 21 SDef / 252 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Recover

Terrakion @ Liechi Berry
Trait: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch
- Drain Punch

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Agility

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang

EDITED TEAM BELOW

You guys helped me fix the team where I noticed my team had a x5 weakness to fighting. Also, I added a the FWG core. I added Starmie to just Rapid spin and hit hard when there are no field Hazards. Amoongus to wall and screw with baton pass teams. I added Heatran to take fire moves set up SR and I added HP Ice for 'dem dragons.I also changed stoutland to a much better moveset.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- ThunderPunch
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 152 SDef / 100 HP
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 40 Def
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Stoutland @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Return
- Crunch
- Superpower

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 Spd / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf

Hello. I must say I love your team because of its creativity. The one thing I notice is that you have a MASSIVE Fighting type weakness. My issue is that I do not want to get rid of anyone. To help this I would recommend Landorus over Terrakion. They both can use Rock Polish and Lando can use Acrobatics to help with your Fighting the weakness. You could also use Gliscor but your team is really good imo. That's why changing it is very hard. Hope this helped somewhat. Good luck with this team!

Hello. I must say I love your team because of its creativity. The one thing I notice is that you have a MASSIVE Fighting type weakness. My issue is that I do not want to get rid of anyone. To help this I would recommend Landorus over Terrakion. They both can use Rock Polish and Lando can use Acrobatics to help with your Fighting the weakness. You could also use Gliscor but your team is really good imo. That's why changing it is very hard. Hope this helped somewhat. Good luck with this team!
Oh yeah,Thanks. I'm not really worried about the fighting weakness as I can just switch into Latias to wall it. Honestly, I kinda like Terrakion more because of Close Combat, I've tried Landorus,trust me.Thanks for the feedback though!

Oh yeah,Thanks. I'm not really worried about the fighting weakness as I can just switch into Latias to wall it. Honestly, I kinda like Terrakion more because of Close Combat, I've tried Landorus,trust me.Thanks for the feedback though!
If you do no have issues with it that is fine. From just looking at it, it looks as if it is a major weakness. You have actually played with it so I trust you know what you are doing. Good luck, I really like teams that try to be different!

If you do no have issues with it that is fine. From just looking at it, it looks as if it is a major weakness. You have actually played with it so I trust you know what you are doing. Good luck, I really like teams that try to be different!
You can try the team for yourself too, just scroll down to the importable, import into PO or PS and have fun!

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hello Pervy Sage, nice team.

This team is not only a very solid team, it's also very well presented, so kudos to you on that. There are some flaws in this team that I would like to address, and hopefully my rate can help not only improve this team, but reach its fully potential. With that said, let's get on to the rate, shall we? Alright, first up, I would recommend running a spread of 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe on your Tyranitar over your current spread. This EV spread allows Tyranitar to outspeed Base 70s when uninvested, while the rest of the EV's are placed into bulk. Staying on Tyranitar, I would like to suggest running Pursuit and Stone Edge over your current choices of Earthquake and Thunderpunch. Pursuit is an excellent move to get the KO on Latios, Latias, Jellicent and others, as they love to switch out of T-Tar and pursuit makes them pay. Stone Edge, despite it's shaky accuracy, hits Salamence, Volcarona and Dragonite for supereffective damage, and most likely getting the KO. Moving forward, I would definitely recommend running Close Combat over your current choice of Drain Punch on Lucario. Close Combat is an excellent STAB which is used to absolutely destroy everything after a Swords Dance. Also on Lucario, I definitely recommend running an Adamant Nature over Jolly. Lucario needs to have as much Attack as possible, and you're not outspeeding anything that's a huge threat to it anyway. Finally, I would like to recommend running Superpower and Wild Charge over Ice Fang and Fire Fang on Stoutland. Superpower prevents you from being walled by Magnezone and Heatran, while Wild Charge hits Gyarados, Tornadus-I and others decently hard. Well, that's all I have to say for now. I hope my advice helped. Have fun and good luck in your future endeavours!

• Tyranitar
    :​
  • 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd -> 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
  • Earthquake & Thunderpunch -> Pursuit & Stone Edge​
  • Lucario
  • Drain Punch -> Close Combat​
  • Jolly -> Adamant​
  • Stoutland
    : Ice Fang & Fire Fang -> Superpower & Wild Charge​
~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)

Hello Pervy Sage, nice team.

This team is not only a very solid team, it's also very well presented, so kudos to you on that. There are some flaws in this team that I would like to address, and hopefully my rate can help not only improve this team, but reach its fully potential. With that said, let's get on to the rate, shall we? Alright, first up, I would recommend running a spread of 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe on your Tyranitar over your current spread. This EV spread allows Tyranitar to outspeed Base 70s when uninvested, while the rest of the EV's are placed into bulk. Staying on Tyranitar, I would like to suggest running Pursuit and Stone Edge over your current choices of Earthquake and Thunderpunch. Pursuit is an excellent move to get the KO on Latios, Latias, Jellicent and others, as they love to switch out of T-Tar and pursuit makes them pay. Stone Edge, despite it's shaky accuracy, hits Salamence, Volcarona and Dragonite for supereffective damage, and most likely getting the KO. Moving forward, I would definitely recommend running Close Combat over your current choice of Drain Punch on Lucario. Close Combat is an excellent STAB which is used to absolutely destroy everything after a Swords Dance. Also on Lucario, I definitely recommend running an Adamant Nature over Jolly. Lucario needs to have as much Attack as possible, and you're not outspeeding anything that's a huge threat to it anyway. Finally, I would like to recommend running Superpower and Wild Charge over Ice Fang and Fire Fang on Stoutland. Superpower prevents you from being walled by Magnezone and Heatran, while Wild Charge hits Gyarados, Tornadus-I and others decently hard. Well, that's all I have to say for now. I hope my advice helped. Have fun and good luck in your future endeavours!

• Tyranitar
  • 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd -> 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
  • Earthquake & Thunderpunch -> Pursuit & Stone Edge​
  • Lucario
  • Drain Punch -> Close Combat​
  • Jolly -> Adamant​
  • Stoutland
    : Ice Fang & Fire Fang -> Superpower & Wild Charge​
~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)

Thanks! I'll be sure to add pursuit to Tyranitar and the EV spread too, but since I'm so ignorant I'll leave Thunderpunch on it. About Lucario, Ill add Close Combat but I'm just going to leave Jolly on it because after a Single SD it has tremendous attack.For Stoutland I'll take out Fire fang for Superpower, Return can One hit Tornadus and so can Ice fang, I've never thought about Superpower,thanks for the help!

This team has many problems, some that can't be fixed. That being said I like the idea and sorry if the first sentance upset you, I didn't know how to put it. So basically all your Pokemon need to set up, and those that don't are choiced and can't be realyed on in many situations. This is an instant problem. Lucario and Empoleon are offering nothing to the team which brings me to the next point of your synergy. it really needs to be fixed as currently Breloom sweeps this entire team exluding Latias. This is another major problem as Breloom can almost not be stopped due to Priority. Latias may check it nicely but once again it needs to set up to be not forced out by a different Pokemon. Bulky attacker Rotom-W is a nice replacement for Empoleon and LO Latias is prefered over CM. Thunder Punch will not OHKO Politoed so I would recomend Pursuit to trap Pokemon like Latios/Latias. Stone Edge is prefered over Earthquake due to it being T-tars powerfull stab capable of probably doing similar damage to Poli than Thunder Punch. Stoutland is Ok but Superpower and Wild Charge are prefered over the low base powered elemental fangs. I would personally use Skarm over Lucario as it can set up much needed hazards and counter Breloom. On Terrakion I would run Swords dance with salac Berry as it hits harder as well as running the same amount of speed as a scarf varient after the boost. Its personal prefrence, both work really.

Anyway thats just what I would change as it fixes a few problems but this was never meant to be a "rate" more of a pointing out some weaknesses and suggestiing solutions.

This team has many problems, some that can't be fixed. That being said I like the idea and sorry if the first sentance upset you, I didn't know how to put it. So basically all your Pokemon need to set up, and those that don't are choiced and can't be realyed on in many situations. This is an instant problem. Lucario and Empoleon are offering nothing to the team which brings me to the next point of your synergy. it really needs to be fixed as currently Breloom sweeps this entire team exluding Latias. This is another major problem as Breloom can almost not be stopped due to Priority. Latias may check it nicely but once again it needs to set up to be not forced out by a different Pokemon. Bulky attacker Rotom-W is a nice replacement for Empoleon and LO Latias is prefered over CM. Thunder Punch will not OHKO Politoed so I would recomend Pursuit to trap Pokemon like Latios/Latias. Stone Edge is prefered over Earthquake due to it being T-tars powerfull stab capable of probably doing similar damage to Poli than Thunder Punch. Stoutland is Ok but Superpower and Wild Charge are prefered over the low base powered elemental fangs. I would personally use Skarm over Lucario as it can set up much needed hazards and counter Breloom. On Terrakion I would run Swords dance with salac Berry as it hits harder as well as running the same amount of speed as a scarf varient after the boost. Its personal prefrence, both work really.

Anyway thats just what I would change as it fixes a few problems but this was never meant to be a "rate" more of a pointing out some weaknesses and suggestiing solutions.

Oh yeah,don't worry about it I like when people help me make me teams better :] Yeah, I know 5 pokemon on my team are weak to fighting I'm trying to work on that. I'll try to change the team a little but to be honest it's working quite well.Btw,Thunderpunch WILL Ohko, http://www.smogon.com/calc/

I'll try to tweak the team.

My bad should have checked first. It has around a 50% chance to ko specs Toed but defensive toed which is 50% of toeds take max 65%. It's not Worth risking especially when it could loose you the weather war. Just noticing Latias has Evs that are well wrong? Needs to be divisible by 4. You may want to fix that :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)