Weather less Offensive exists?!? (My First RMT)

Hi, with all the rage about rain and sun teams, i set out to make a team that would function without any sort of weather and if your reading this it means i had the balls to toss it up on RMT. Ive never before played pokemon competitively, and while playing LeafGreen, i once scratched my head in confusion at why Rapid Spin wast doing anything, while being told by Smogon that it was one of the best moves in the game. Im not clueless, but im far from being a legit Pokemon player, so that's pretty much it. Here is my team, and of course all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Alakazam @ Life Orb

Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
This guy is the power on the team. He can take advantage of magic guard for a recoiless life orb boost, is the power on my team. Focus blast and Shadow ball are pretty self explanitary. I choose psyshock over psychic because being one of the main damage doers on my team, i needed something that would hit special walls such as bliseey for more than leftovers damage lol. Hidden power fire is a semi counter aginst Scizor, who would otherwise wreck a glass cannon like Zam, and is fun for hitting ferro and foretress.

Gengar @ Focus Sash

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
Gengar is a great pokemon, a spinblock, ground and fighting immuneities and freat offenses allow it to wreck harvoc. The sash allows me to take risks, usally early game. Focus Blast and Shadow ball are great moves that go unresisted and form the main offensive core on thei pokemon. Thunderbolt is also a good and common coverage move. Hidden power ice forms the other half of electric and ice, and are also good coverage moves. Gengars job is pretty much to hit hard, and the sash is useful due to its bad defenses.

Breloom @ Life Orb

Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Swords Dance
Breloom is pretty fun to play and is a great priority hitter. I put jolly on because Breloom accually uses speed(which is usually weird for a priority attacker) cuz it helps Breloom hit with the spore, and and then follow up with swords dance, boosting its 130 atk to+2, and no one wants to take a +2 technician life orb boosted Mach Punch.

Scizor @ Choice Band

Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
I dont even know why i have to write anything here lol because Scizor is one of the most used Pokemon in OU. A great atk plus technician makes this a great revenge killer, u turn momentum gather and a Pokemom that hits pretty hard without the need for SD due to its band. Scarf dragons would be a problem for this team if not for Scizor, and it is a very versatile Pokemon in general.

Salamence @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
The power of the team and a great finisher. Mence comes with great atk and decent special attack, but is mostly used for the moxie boost. Most of the time, another pokemon is sent out to weaken the enemy pokemon, and Mence gets thrown out, then after getting the KO, moxie raises attack, creating a neat snowball effect that gets stronger with each KO.

Starmie @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Rapid Spin
The teams spinner and the counter to the dragons commonly found in OU. The scarf allows Starmie to outspeed +1 dragons speed wise, and hit with Ice Beam. Though this isnt a rain team, Hydro Pmp finishes up the offensive with a good STAB. Trick is usually used on pokemon that are a huge annoyance to the team, and is great against walls that Starmie would usually have no chance against, and pokemon who try to exclusively set up.

Thanks for reading, if you even read it lol, and any feedback is greatly appreciated. Again thanks for taking the time to look at my team.

FlareQuake

Banned deucer.
I really like the team, but I think I could add some suggestions to the team. First of all. I wouldn't recommend running 3 choice users on one team. Ever! It will just be really problematic against stall teams (which a lot of people like to run in the higher tiers). Even if this team is primarily an HO team, I still would not recommend 3 choice users. You said that Starmie serves as a dragon check, however, I think for you, A Life Orb Analytic Starmie set would serve better, and to remedy this Dragon Problem you have, I would suggest Life Orb Jolly/Adamant Mamoswine. Mamo OTK's most Dragons as is due to the fact a lot of them have lower def than SpDef (I cant post calcs atm, but I think Jolly Ice Shard from LO Mamo does more than Scarfmie Ice Beam does to 252HP Latias). Now, the biggest problem I see on this team is that you don't run Rocks. Idc if you run HO, Stall, Hyper Hyper Offense or w/e your run. The bottom line is, you need rocks. It does so much, breaks sashes, sturdy, MS, and just generally with the idea of your team being HO and all, the rocks would turn 2hkos into OHKOs.

Focus Sash is generally a bad idea on things other than a dedicated lead, and you'll see that a lot of the times, people like to get rocks up as soon as possible. Plus, with sand and such running around, and the fact that you dont run weather, their sand will stay, and your sash will go. Now that being said, I would suggest replacing Gengar w/Lead Sash Terrakion. It gets your rocks, and can sometimes even get net a KO in sometimes. Now, you said that Gengar acts as a spinblocker, yet you run no hazards. At all. lol.

I'd also just suggest standard SashZam as opposed to LifeOrb, as it gives you a guaranteed hit all the time. SashZam can act as a good 1 for 1 a lot of the times.

Now, just one last word of advice, Scarf MoxieMence seems amazing, in theory. It is in fact really prone to being revenge killed by all sorts of really common mons in OU (Mamo, Keldeo [If it stays OU that is], Scizor, etc). You could add Rotom W, it would give your team a pseudo Volt Turn combo, which is alaways fun lol. Well thats all I have to say ... well for now anyways.

As said above, you really need entry hazards, atleast stealh rock that is. You will more then half of the time face a weather team, this means you will be at a big disadvantage almost always. Since you dont want to use own weather it might be a good idea to get a sweeper that functions in any weather. For example,starmie for rain, infernape as a focus sash lead (if im not mistaken he can get stealth rocks), and maybe a garchomp in the sand.
One scarf is more then enough so i would change staries item, again as listed above. However you could try an expert belt to give your enemy the impression that you run on a choice specs.

Other then that i wish you good luck with this team. Defeating weather teams aint easy, but i hope this team will eventually make it possible :)

Even in the higher tiers, no one cept meru uses stall. I suggest sash on zam, so u can actually take a bpunch and retaliate with hp fire. Take scarf off starmie and replace with either lefties or lo depending on what you need it for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)