The Quick Claws 2.0

weavile.gif |excadrill.gif|
tapukoko.gif
| gyarados.gif |
alakazam-mega.gif
| infernape.gif

Introduction

Hey guys!

So I've decided to rebuild my Weavile Hyper Offensive team. I wasn't exactly happy with the one I had, so I decided to rebuild it.

I'm having a bit of trouble with it, so I was wondering if you guys could help me?

Weavile is my favorite Pokemon and I love using him. He's sort of the star of the show, so I really want to make a good team with him.

Here is the team:

The Team

weavile.gif

Weavile

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

As I've said, Weavile is my favorite Pokemon, and I really want to make a competitive team based around him. After doing some research, I figured out that he works best as a late game sweeper/cleaner. I decided to Choice Band him because I don't like Life Orb recoil, even though I do not like to be locked into one move. As a late game sweeper, his EVs must be maxed out in both physical attack (since he's a physical attacker) and in speed. The Special Defense EV allows for extra bulk, especially since Weavile is a glass canon. His Jolly nature allows for him to be even faster, allowing him to outspeed a lot of opponents. Icicle Crash and Ice Shard are for STAB, and it may seem strange to have two Ice attacks, but there's a reason for it: Icicle Crash has a chance to flinch, and is a more powerful attack. On the other hand, Ice Shard is a priority move, allowing Weavile to attack threats that may outspeed it. It's especially useful on low HP. Knock Off is a strong Dark type move that also lets him knock the items off opponents, which is great for dealing with walls that rely on items like Assault Vest, Eviolites, Leftovers (or Black Sludge in Toxapex's case), Rocky Helmet, etc. Pursuit allows me to trap Pokemon that may try to switch out of Weavile, such as Psychic types. When used correctly, Weavile can be a real beast and I've had a lot of success with him!

excadrill.gif

Excadrill

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

I realized that Excadrill may be a really good teammate for my team. He has access to Rapid Spin, and although it can be easily countered, I prefer it over Defog because it keeps the hazards off of my side of the team. Although, I have been struggling with Excadrill a bit. For example, sometimes I just have trouble finding an opportunity to switch into Excadrill in order to Rapid Spin, and sometimes I can't set up Stealth Rock. I don't know if I'm simply not using him correctly, or if I'm just having bad luck, or if he simply doesn't fit on my team. I was thinking of having a backup Defogger.

However, Excadrill does often help a lot otherwise! He's good at getting rid of Rotom-Wash and Mimikyu when the opponent forgets about Mold Breaker! He also is resistant to Stealth Rock and Rock types that may threaten Weavile or other teammates. He also comes with both Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin, so he's a pretty good lead! He also deals with Fairy types. Weavile also deals with his weakness to Ground. Excadrill is a very fast Pokemon as well, and he's a very good attacker. He has the Focus Sash so he could live longer, and sometimes I use him as a Suicide Lead (I like to jokingly say he's a "human sacrifice").

tapukoko.gif

Tapu Koko

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Koko is my pivot, and they do really well on my team. Their Shuca Berry helps them survive Ground type attacks, even if they get outsped or if the opponent survives their attack. They deal with Ground types with threats like Landorus-T and Zygarde with Hidden Power Ice. Also, if a Ground type switches in on a Volt Switch or Thunderbolt turn, they may have a false sense of security that Tapu Koko is Choice Speced (Choice Specsed?), only to be surprised by HP Ice. The SpD EV also helps give a bit of bulk when dealing with Ground type moves, which usually lets them live a Ground move. The Special Attack and Speed EVs help maximize their potential, taking advantage of both their Special Attack and their Speed. I know that Tapu Koko is more of a Physical Attacker, but their Special Attack is almost as good as their Attack, and there aren't a lot of really good physical Electric moves. Tapu Koko also works best under Electric Terrain, and it has actually helped me in a couple of situations, where it prevented my Pokemon from being put to sleep with Spore or interrupting the opponent from using Rest. Volt Switch also helps them work as a pivot, and helps deal chip damage. Thunderbolt is for when I don't want to switch out, or if I want to paralyze. Dazzling Gleam is for Fairy STAB. Its Timid Nature also allows it to outspeed opponents.

gyarados.gif

Gyarados

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

This is my set-up sweeper. I've actually wrecked a few teams by sweeping them with DD+Moxie. Flyinium Z helps break down bulkier Grass types, such as Tangrowth, Amoonguss, and Mega Venusaur, and it gives a 1 turn, stronger alternative to Bounce. It also increases the chance of a KO, and that works really well with Moxie! The given EV spread maximizes Attack and Speed, making it a strong, effective sweeper. That combined with the Jolly nature helps it to outspeed a lot of threats. Supersonic Skystrike gives coverage on Grass types and really hurts other Pokemon. Bounce, while it isn't the most reliable move, does come in handy sometimes when I don't want to use my only Z move yet, and it does have a chance to paralyze opponents. Waterfall is also good against Ground types like Lando-T, and Earthquake really helps me out by hitting Pokemon like Toxapex, Magnezone, Mega Mawile, and Magearna. However, it doesn't take burns from Scald very well at all.

alakazam-mega.gif

Mega Alakazam

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mega Alakazam is an absolute monster. It functions as both a special sweeper and wallbreaker, and it's extremely fast. He helps deal with the Fighting weakness Weavile has. Magic Guard has come in handy multiple times, such as when entry hazards are set up. Magic Guard has also helped me when I end up battling a Pokemon with Leech Seed, like Celesteela or Ferrothorn. I simply don't Mega evolve it and use HP Fire. HP Fire also helps deal with Mega Scizor, which can wall Alakazam. The EVs in Speed and the Timid nature make sure that Alakazam is as fast as possible, and the EV investment in SpA also ensures that it's a powerful glass canon. Psychic is Alakazam's strongest STAB move, capable of hitting anything that doesn't resist Psychic too much. It has allowed me to defeat opponents when I didn't have an answer to them. Focus Miss has also helped me deal with Steel and Dark types, and allows for excellent coverage when it hits. Shadow Ball also helps me hit Ghost types and other Psychic types that could wall it, such as Tapu Lele, Mew, and Jirachi. The slight investment in Defense allows for some slight bulk and longevity.

infernape.gif

Infernape

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

So this last slot was extremely difficult for me. It went through a lot of changes. Hawlucha, Blacephalon, Chandelure, Alolan Marowak, and I've considered a few Megas like Mega Manectric and Mega Pinsir. However, I think I've settled with Infernape.

I've realized that Fire Pokemon really helped me out a lot, and Infernape helped me quite a few times. Since this is a hyper offensive team, I needed 2 wallbreakers. I thought it would make sense to have one special wallbreaker, and one physical wallbreaker. This is my physical wallbreaker, and the Choice Band set gives Infernape its fantastic wallbreaking ability. I have 252 Attack to exploit its wallbreaking abilities and 252 Speed with a Jolly nature to make it as fast as possible. I decided to put Iron Fist on it so Mach Punch could be a lot stronger of a priority move and makes it more likely for it to finish off Pokemon. For its moves, Flare Blitz is a powerful move to begin with, and combined with STAB and Choice Band makes it a real force to be reckoned with! U-Turn helps it pivot around and chip damage off of opponents. Close Combat is also a more powerful Fighting move and is likely to get rid of Rock Pokemon, Chansey, Terrakion, etc.

Threats

So there were a few Pokemon that absolutely destroyed my team, or at least caused a few problems.

volcarona.gif

Volcarona

This is probably the Pokemon I had the most trouble with. It legit destroys my team.

mawile-mega.gif

Mega Mawile

kartana.gif

Kartana

So what should I add? What should I change? Please let me know! Thanks for reading and have a nice day :)

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
Hey!

I want to say first off, I like the creativity :)
Well, off to improving the team.

Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam ---> Defog
Since Excadrill fills the role of a suicide lead, you don't really get a chance of spinning after sash is broken or after Excadrill dies. Tapu Koko with Shuca Berry compliments Defog Koko since you can defog on Landorus-Therian or other grounds if needed.

Infernape ---> Hawlucha
Hawlucha + Koko is always great and still works here. With Electric Seed, Hawlucha can get +1 defense in Electric Terrain and activate Unburden in the process. Hawlucha even helps with some of your team's troubles like Volcarona, Kartana, and Mega Mawile. Weavile even helps Hawlucha out my pursuitting Psychics like Mega Latios, Reuniclus, and Jirachi. Overall, Hawlucha benefits from the team more than Infernape and can function as a late game sweeper.

Hope I helped!

Hey!

I want to say first off, I like the creativity :)
Well, off to improving the team.

Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam ---> Defog
Since Excadrill fills the role of a suicide lead, you don't really get a chance of spinning after sash is broken or after Excadrill dies. Tapu Koko with Shuca Berry compliments Defog Koko since you can defog on Landorus-Therian or other grounds if needed.

Infernape ---> Hawlucha
Hawlucha + Koko is always great and still works here. With Electric Seed, Hawlucha can get +1 defense in Electric Terrain and activate Unburden in the process. Hawlucha even helps with some of your team's troubles like Volcarona, Kartana, and Mega Mawile. Weavile even helps Hawlucha out my pursuitting Psychics like Mega Latios, Reuniclus, and Jirachi. Overall, Hawlucha benefits from the team more than Infernape and can function as a late game sweeper.

Hope I helped!
Thanks man! Perhaps I wasn't using Hawlucha correctly. Do you have any tips for Hawlucha for cases like if Tapu Koko happened to go down?

Also, I'm fine with Defog on Tapu Koko, but Im not 100% sure if I wanna get rid of Dazzling Gleam.

Heart Doom

Banned deucer.
Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
You tapu koko ^^

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
You tapu koko ^^
Yeah but I don't know if that really works well with a team like mine. I'm making a hyper offensive team, so I don't know if Tapu Koko's Double Screens would work as well with that. ^^'

I'd have to see if anyone else agrees that I should have a Double Screen Koko on my team. It's a good set, and I like how you have U-Turn to hit Ground types, but I don't know if it works for hyper offensive. Thanks for the suggestion though! I'll definitely consider it since it does sound appealing to have a bulkier team!

Screens koko is pretty good on HO teams if your team is reliant on setting up to win otherwise I wouldn't run it. With the set POP Arthur21 provided you could probably run Defog over U-turn as it doesn't remove your own screens and gets rid of hazards. As for the set mentioned before by ayedan I think shuca koko helps more here as gyarados is the only set up threat you have. And yeah remove D-Gleam it's not necessary on a shuca set. It's main function is to either spam your electric stab or HP Ice the common ground types being lando and zygarde because you live an EQ or arrows from either with shuca.

Screens koko is pretty good on HO teams if your team is reliant on setting up to win otherwise I wouldn't run it. With the set POP Arthur21 provided you could probably run Defog over U-turn as it doesn't remove your own screens and gets rid of hazards. As for the set mentioned before by ayedan I think shuca koko helps more here as gyarados is the only set up threat you have. And yeah remove D-Gleam it's not necessary on a shuca set. It's main function is to either spam your electric stab or HP Ice the common ground types being lando and zygarde because you live an EQ or arrows from either with shuca.
Okay, thanks so much!

I'm not too sure about Excadrill, however. He's very frail and easily predicted. And like ayedan said, he doesn't get a chance of rapid spinning or setting up stealth rocks after the focus sash is broken or he dies. However, he is a fantastic Fairy check and is a good Ground type. Since Koko now has Defog (which is working really well for me by the way), should I remove Rapid Spin and replace it with something like Rock Slide? Should I scrap him entirely?

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
I'm not too sure about Excadrill, however. He's very frail and easily predicted. And like ayedan said, he doesn't get a chance of rapid spinning or setting up stealth rocks after the focus sash is broken or he dies. However, he is a fantastic Fairy check and is a good Ground type. Since Koko now has Defog (which is working really well for me by the way), should I remove Rapid Spin and replace it with something like Rock Slide? Should I scrap him entirely?
Another cool option is Sash Landorus-T lead (if u still use hawlucha in late July of 2018)

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Swords Dance

Another cool option is Sash Landorus-T lead (if u still use hawlucha in late July of 2018)

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Swords Dance
Not a bad idea! Thank you!

Why explosion though?

Hey! Neat team! Weavile is also of one of my favourite Pokémon due to her powerful offensive typing, superb speed tier and all around being a hard-hitter. I feel like it is pretty underrated in Gen 7 and doesn't see as much usage.

Anyways, on the topic of your team, I feel like your team has a plethora of problems unfortunately, but I will try to go over the main ones I found while laddering with this:

---

1) Hawlucha > Infernape
Right off the bat, I see that your Infernape can be replaced with something else because it does not have any significant feature for this team. Though being a unique mon, I feel as if a standard Hawlucha spread will fit here better. Using Tapu Koko's Electric Terrain, it can be a way more scarier setup mon. It can also setup on grasses (even better w/ the Electric Seed defense boost) such as Kartana which in theory can 6-0 your squad by just getting hazards up and leaf blading.

2) Taunt > Earthquake on Gyarados
Something else I see this team lacks is a stallbreaker mon. This team features powerful Pokémon such as Weavile and Mega Alakazam, but stuff like Chansey + Skarmory will just render them useless. Taunt Z-Bounce Gyarados is a great set in the current meta right now, being able to dismantle stall if in the correct position and just being scary for any other build.[/B][/B]

3) Updated Excadrill Spread
As well, many offense teams in the present have started using Rock Tomb Excadrill, which can be added over Iron Head. This will allow you to make sure nothing such as a Tornadus will defog on you and it will make it even more assuring that you with end up keeping rocks up.[/B]

4) Updated Tapu Koko Spread
For Tapu Koko on this very offensively based team, I think that you cannot afford missing out on U-Turn; momentum is super important and not being able to switch out on ground types just brings the momentum to the ground. This is why I think that you should use U-Turn > Volt Switch on Koko.

That's all! I hope I helped. Hopefully you will take my changes into consideration.

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
Not a bad idea! Thank you!

Why explosion though?
Explosion is for going out with a boom since ur not gonna be switching this in often cuz its a sash lead,

if LandoT is a safe lead, go with him and get up rocks, SD if you can and boom. Could you send a pokepast of the current build of this team? I could help with it.

Hey! Neat team! Weavile is also of one of my favourite Pokémon due to her powerful offensive typing, superb speed tier and all around being a hard-hitter. I feel like it is pretty underrated in Gen 7 and doesn't see as much usage.

Anyways, on the topic of your team, I feel like your team has a plethora of problems unfortunately, but I will try to go over the main ones I found while laddering with this:

---

1) Hawlucha > Infernape
Right off the bat, I see that your Infernape can be replaced with something else because it does not have any significant feature for this team. Though being a unique mon, I feel as if a standard Hawlucha spread will fit here better. Using Tapu Koko's Electric Terrain, it can be a way more scarier setup mon. It can also setup on grasses (even better w/ the Electric Seed defense boost) such as Kartana which in theory can 6-0 your squad by just getting hazards up and leaf blading.

2) Taunt > Earthquake on Gyarados
Something else I see this team lacks is a stallbreaker mon. This team features powerful Pokémon such as Weavile and Mega Alakazam, but stuff like Chansey + Skarmory will just render them useless. Taunt Z-Bounce Gyarados is a great set in the current meta right now, being able to dismantle stall if in the correct position and just being scary for any other build.[/B][/B]

3) Updated Excadrill Spread
As well, many offense teams in the present have started using Rock Tomb Excadrill, which can be added over Iron Head. This will allow you to make sure nothing such as a Tornadus will defog on you and it will make it even more assuring that you with end up keeping rocks up.[/B]

4) Updated Tapu Koko Spread
For Tapu Koko on this very offensively based team, I think that you cannot afford missing out on U-Turn; momentum is super important and not being able to switch out on ground types just brings the momentum to the ground. This is why I think that you should use U-Turn > Volt Switch on Koko.

That's all! I hope I helped. Hopefully you will take my changes into consideration.

Thank you so much! This was really helpful!

1. Yeah, I recently switched Infernape for Hawlucha and I absolutely love them!
2. I really like Earthquake on Gyarados, especially since it helps me deal with Electric types after a Dragon Dance boost, but I will try out Taunt for a bit to see what happens.
3. I recently replaced Rapid Spin with Rock Slide, so maybe Rock Tomb can replace Rock Slide instead? What do you think?
4. I've been considering U-Turn over Volt Switch for quite a while, but never got around to it. I'll do that, thank you!

So I'm not sure if I should use either Rock Tomb > Rock Slide or Taunt > Earthquake.
Explosion is for going out with a boom since ur not gonna be switching this in often cuz its a sash lead,

if LandoT is a safe lead, go with him and get up rocks, SD if you can and boom. Could you send a pokepast of the current build of this team? I could help with it.
To take a large amount of health from "counters", and it's called a suicide lead to lead and suicide
Fair enough! That's a really good idea! Maybe I'll give it a go. Thank you!!

My team so far: https://pastebin.com/gFW4dbwu

I would pokepaste it, but it's not working for me right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)