Gen 1 Weezing (UU) [QC 2/2] [GP 1/1]

On first glance, you wouldn't expect a Pokemon such as Weezing to be so underwhelming. When you factor in the great defensive bulk as well as a solid offensive movepool with moves like Fire Blast to check Venusaur, Thunderbolt to 2HKO Gyarados, and Explosion, it does initially look quite good. However that's all the good things one can say about Weezing considering that most, if not all, of the metagame's premier threats such as Tentacruel, Hypno, and Kadabra have answers for it. To add on to this, better Poison-types like Tentacruel, Haunter, and Venusaur makes it very hard for Weezing to find a spot on any team.

[SET]
name: Explosion
move 1: Fire Blast
move 2: Sludge
move 3: Thunderbolt
move 4: Explosion

[SET COMMENTS]
This is the main set Weezing will use in UU. The first thing to note here is that Fire Blast can ruin both Tangela and Venusaur's day, with a small chance of 2HKOing both, and, most importantly, scare off the likes of Kangaskhan and Dugtrio with the 30% chance to burn if they switch in. Not only can Thunderbolt help keep Gyarados from switching in, with a guaranteed 2HKO on it, but Weezing also only has a very small chance of getting 2HKOed by Gyarados. Furthermore, Thunderbolt helps ward off Dodrio and even makes Tentacruel think twice upon switching in.

Sludge can keep Tangela away, as well as Dragonite, with a 40% chance of poison. Lastly, Explosion blows a huge hole in the opposing team, so long as Haunter is dealt with as to not switch in and negate it.

- Written by: [Branwen Uchiha, 531694]
- Quality checked by: [Plague Von Karma, 236353], [Amaranth, 265630]
- Grammar checked by: [Finland, 517429]

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
So a few format fixes; put [OVERVIEW] at the top and then fill in the set part correctly.

I'd go like this:

[SET]
move 1: Sludge
and so on...

Then [SET COMMENTS] below.

--

I'd move the second paragraph of set details to the beginning of the first paragraph, maybe?

Generally this is pretty good, though I think GP may have a few things to say. I'd say look things over and remove any abbreviations.

Implement the above for QC 1/2.

So a few format fixes; put [OVERVIEW] at the top and then fill in the set part correctly.

I'd go like this:

[SET]
move 1: Sludge
and so on...

Then [SET COMMENTS] below.

--

I'd move the second paragraph of set details to the beginning of the first paragraph, maybe?

Generally this is pretty good, though I think GP may have a few things to say. I'd say look things over and remove any abbreviations.

Implement the above for QC 1/2.
Implemented.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
Fire Blast, moreso than for stuff like Tangela, is to scare physical attackers like Kangaskhan and Dugtrio away due to the 30% burn chance - that much should definitely be mentioned.

Thunderbolt is also important for scaring Dodrio away, and for making sure Tentacruel isn't too happy to switch in. These two are also important pokemon in the metagame and they should be mentioned.

Other than that it looks good. QC 2/2 when implemented

Am check Add Remove Comment

On first glance, you wouldn't expect a Pokemon such as Weezing to be so underwhelming. When you factor in the great defensive bulk as well as a solid movepool for offensive prowess with moves like Fire Blast to check Venusaur, Thunderbolt to 2HKO Gyarados, and Explosion, it does initially look quite good. However that's all the good things one can say about the Poison Gas Pokemon considering that most, if not all of the premier threats such as Tentacruel, Hypno, and Kadabra have answers for it. To add on to this, Sharing the Poison Type with sharing the same type as Tentacruel, Haunter, and Venusaur makes it very hard for Weezing to find a spot on any team.

Despite all of this, Weezing does have a small niche as a physical wall with a nice 120 DEF Defense that is while held back by a middling 60 HP, does the task of stopping most physical attackers such as Persian, Dodrio, and Kangaskhan in their tracks. It also possesses an average 85 Special Attack that's backed up by powerful moves in Thunderbolt and Fire Blast and 90 ATK Attack for Explosion.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This is the main set Weezing will use in UU. The first thing to note here is that with Fire Blast,(RC) it can ruin both Tangela and Venusaur's day with a small chances of 2HKOing on both and most importantly, scare off the likes of Kangaskhan and Dugtrio with the 30% Burn status on their chance to burn if they switch-in. Next up, Not only can Thunderbolt helps keep Gyarados from switching in with a guaranteed 2HKO on it, But Weezing also is also able to survive a Hydro Pump at Full full HP with a very small chance of getting 2HKOed by Gyarados. Furthermore, Thunderbolt helps ward off Dodrio and even makes Tentacruel think twice upon switching in.

With Sludge being it's only STAB, it can keep Tangela further away as well as Dragonite with a 40% chance of poison. Lastly, Explosion helps blow a huge wall in the opposing team, so long as Haunter is dealt with as to not absorb the attack and negate it.

Last edited:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i checked on top of Ta9967's AM check although I changed some parts. Just do all changes the combined check in my hide tag recommends. Let me know if you have any questions about the check.
Ta9967 Add Remove Comment
Finland Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma

On first glance, you wouldn't expect a Pokemon such as Weezing to be so underwhelming. When you factor in the great defensive bulk as well as a solid offensive movepool for offensive prowess with moves like Fire Blast to check Venusaur, Thunderbolt to 2HKO Gyarados, and Explosion, it does initially look quite good. However that's all the good things one can say about the Poison Gas Pokemon Weezing considering that most, if not all, (AC) of the metagame's premier threats such as Tentacruel, Hypno, and Kadabra have answers for it. To add on to this, Sharing the Poison Type with better Poison-types like Tentacruel, Haunter, and Venusaur makes it very hard for Weezing to find a spot on any team.

Despite all of this, Weezing does have a small niche as a physical wall with a nice 120 DEF Defense that is, (AC) while although held back by a middling 60 HP, does up to the task of stopping most physical attackers such as Persian, Dodrio, and Kangaskhan in their tracks. It also possesses an average 85 Special that's backed up by powerful moves in Thunderbolt and Fire Blast and 90 ATK Attack for Explosion.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This is the main set Weezing will use in UU. The first thing to note here is that with Fire Blast,(RC) it can ruin both Tangela and Venusaur's day, (AC) with a small chances of 2HKOing on both, (AC) and, (AC) most importantly, scare off the likes of Kangaskhan and Dugtrio with the 30% Burn status on their chance to burn if they switch in. (removed hyphen) Next up, Not only can Thunderbolt helps keep Gyarados from switching in, (AC) with a guaranteed 2HKO on it, but Weezing also is able to survive a Hydro Pump at Full HP with only has a very small chance of getting 2HKOed by Gyarados at full HP. Furthermore, Thunderbolt helps ward off Dodrio and even makes Tentacruel think twice upon switching in.

With Sludge being it's only STAB, it can keep Tangela further away, (AC) as well as Dragonite, (AC) with a 40% chance of poison. Lastly, Explosion helps blows a huge wall hole in the opposing team, so long as Haunter is dealt with as to not absorb the attack switch in and negate it.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Branwen Uchiha, 531694]
- Quality checked by: [[Plague Von Karma, 236353], [Amaranth, 265630]] (added one extra bracket here)
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]
why.gif
1/1

Volk

Demonstrably alive.
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Despite all of this, Weezing does have a small niche as a physical wall with a nice 120 DEF that is while held back by a middling 60 HP, does the task of stopping most physical attackers such as Persian, Dodrio, and Kanga in their tracks.
I know I'm late on this, but please rephrase this line. Saying Weezing has a "niche" in UU is pretty much just inaccurate, as nobody really uses it at all. Niche Pokemon need to have some level of tier influence, and Weezing has virtually none. Additionally, Weezing doesn't stop any of the Pokemon you mentioned, outside of maybe Dodrio. Kangaskhan will 3HKO with Earthquake and Persian will usually 3HKO with Slash. Both also survive Explosion. Dodrio isn't as consistent, but with critical hits and Hyper Beam, it is liable to break Weezing as well. This needs to be addressed, as this sentence is just not true. Sorry for being late.

[OVERVIEW]
On first glance, you wouldn't expect a Pokemon such as Weezing to be so underwhelming. When you factor in the great defensive bulk as well as a solid movepool for offensive prowess with moves like Fire Blast to check Venusaur, Thunderbolt to 2HKO Gyarados, and Explosion, it does initially look quite good. However that's all the good things one can say about the Poison Gas Pokemon considering that most, if not all of the premier threats such as Tentacruel, Hypno, and Kadabra have answers for it. To add on to this, Sharing the Poison Type with Tentacruel, Haunter, and Venusaur makes it very hard for Weezing to find a spot on any team.

Despite all of this, Weezing does have a small niche as a physical wall with a nice 120 DEF that is while held back by a middling 60 HP, does the task of stopping most physical attackers such as Persian, Dodrio, and Kanga in their tracks. It also possess an average 85 Special that's backed up by powerful moves in Thunderbolt and Fire Blast and 90 ATK for Explosion.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This is the main set Weezing will use in UU. The first thing to note here is that with Fire Blast, it can ruin both Tangela and Venusaur's day with small chances of 2HKO on both and most importantly, scare off the likes of Kanga and Dugtrio with the 30% Burn status on their switch-in. Next up, Not only can Thunderbolt helps keep Gyarados from switching in with a guaranteed 2HKO on it, But Weezing also is able to survive a Hydro Pump at Full HP with a very small chance of getting 2HKO by Gyarados. Furthermore, Thunderbolt helps ward off Dodrio and even makes Tentacruel think twice upon switching in.

With Sludge being it's only STAB, it can keep Tangela further away as well as Dragonite with a 40% chance of poison. Lastly, Explosion helps blow a huge wall in the opposing team, so long as Haunter is dealt with as to not absorb the attack and negate it.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Plague Von Karma, 236353], [Amaranth, 265630]
- Grammar checked by: [[name, id]]
i checked on top of Ta9967's AM check although I changed some parts. Just do all changes the combined check in my hide tag recommends. Let me know if you have any questions about the check.
Ta9967 Add Remove Comment
Finland Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma

On first glance, you wouldn't expect a Pokemon such as Weezing to be so underwhelming. When you factor in the great defensive bulk as well as a solid offensive movepool for offensive prowess with moves like Fire Blast to check Venusaur, Thunderbolt to 2HKO Gyarados, and Explosion, it does initially look quite good. However that's all the good things one can say about the Poison Gas Pokemon Weezing considering that most, if not all, (AC) of the metagame's premier threats such as Tentacruel, Hypno, and Kadabra have answers for it. To add on to this, Sharing the Poison Type with better Poison-types like Tentacruel, Haunter, and Venusaur makes it very hard for Weezing to find a spot on any team.

Despite all of this, Weezing does have a small niche as a physical wall with a nice 120 DEF Defense that is, (AC) while although held back by a middling 60 HP, does up to the task of stopping most physical attackers such as Persian, Dodrio, and Kangaskhan in their tracks. It also possesses an average 85 Special that's backed up by powerful moves in Thunderbolt and Fire Blast and 90 ATK Attack for Explosion.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This is the main set Weezing will use in UU. The first thing to note here is that with Fire Blast,(RC) it can ruin both Tangela and Venusaur's day, (AC) with a small chances of 2HKOing on both, (AC) and, (AC) most importantly, scare off the likes of Kangaskhan and Dugtrio with the 30% Burn status on their chance to burn if they switch in. (removed hyphen) Next up, Not only can Thunderbolt helps keep Gyarados from switching in, (AC) with a guaranteed 2HKO on it, but Weezing also is able to survive a Hydro Pump at Full HP with only has a very small chance of getting 2HKOed by Gyarados at full HP. Furthermore, Thunderbolt helps ward off Dodrio and even makes Tentacruel think twice upon switching in.

With Sludge being it's only STAB, it can keep Tangela further away, (AC) as well as Dragonite, (AC) with a 40% chance of poison. Lastly, Explosion helps blows a huge wall hole in the opposing team, so long as Haunter is dealt with as to not absorb the attack switch in and negate it.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Plague Von Karma, 236353], [Amaranth, 265630]] (added one extra bracket here)
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]
View attachment 3245691/1
Implemented

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)