Welcome Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I cut to the chase on this topic, I'm sure this has probably been thought of already but removed for whatever reason. But you can never be so sure until you check.

Basically most forums I come across have a welcome board where new members to the community can post a friendly hello and introduce themselves. Usually then older members can engage a friendly welcoming reply. All in all, I like the idea because it helps promote positive feedback for new members who are a bit shy, like me.

I do however understand why some forums wouldn't have them though because it would seem to be just a bunch of messy and nooby posts that would make a forum look rather sloppy. I guess it's just a matter of preference.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
We appreciate the suggestion, and we've explored such a place in the past. We found that it does not work really well within the Smogon community, but I'm glad to see that even with your first post you are thinking about how to make this place better. Welcome to Smogon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)