EVs: 172 HP / 76 Atk / 76 SpD / 184 Spe
Tera Type: Water
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Wood Hammer / Horn Leech
- Follow Me
- Spiky Shield / Swords Dance

[SET COMMENTS]
Wellspring Ogerpon serves as a premier redirector and Water-type in the format with its great Speed, strong defensive typing, and incredible moves in Ivy Cudgel Water and Follow Me. Ivy Cudgel is extremely difficult to switch into due to its ability to hit most Pokemon in the metagame for neutral damage and its ability to sometimes circumvent Intimidate with its increased critical hit chance. Wood Hammer serves as a powerful Grass-type attack, threatening Water-types like Volcanion, opposing Wellspring Ogerpon, and the many Pokemon that Terastallize to Water like Amoonguss, Gholdengo, and defensive Landorus-T, while Horn Leech is a weaker option than Wood Hammer that both has no recoil and heals Ogerpon in the process. Power Whip is a notable alternative with its equal power to Wood Hammer, but its miss chance should be also considered. Follow Me allows Ogerpon to redirect attacks towards it to facilitate an ally's setup, though its ally can do the same to allow Ogerpon to do the same if Ogerpon or the ally carry Swords Dance. The choice between Spiky Shield and Swords Dance should be team-dependent; Swords Dance quickly turns Ogerpon or its partner into a threat but the team must have an abundance of Protect users to properly take advantage of this and sometimes using a different Pokemon with Swords Dance is better, while Spiky Shield is a generally safe option to protect itself. The given EV spread allows Ogerpon to survive one Life Orb Adamant Chien Pao Icicle Crash and one Landorus Sludge Bomb, plus outspeed Landorus, with the rest going into Attack to increase its potency.

to do:
- a brief example of foes that the analysis Pokemon is vulnerable to.
  • paonite or just pao cores in general tbqh
  • intim
  • scarf tera lando or lando with flying support
  • tornadus
  • landorus
  • sludge bomb volcanion
- a brief explanation of Tera type
lol

Notable Partners
================
**Partner type one**: these guys are good partners
**Partner type two**: these guys are also good partners

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/clas.545372/
Quality checked by:
qc1
qc2
Grammar checked by:
gp

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Which Wednesday or Thursday

Edit: requested reassign

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)