ORAS UU What are fairies?

Hi, I'm fairytale and this is my team. I am brand new to gen 6 and I would like some help. I decided to go with UU right off the bat since I have not enjoyed an OU metagame since DP. I have spent the past couple days making shit teams, using outrage on Florges, complaining about goodra and assault vest, and wondering why knock off is doing so much damage. By now, I've gotten the mechanics down, but my team building and meta knowledge is still rusty/nonexistent.

This is a team I've made that I kind of like. It was the first decent one I made and it has potential, I think. Basically it involves choice band darmanitan and mega aerodactyl hitting hard and breaking walls for each other.

Hippowdon Leftovers
Sandstream
252 hp/252 SpD/4 def Impish
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Slack Off
Toxic

Hippo is cool and bulky as hell. I picked him because he helps my offensive mons by providing residual damage in the form of sandstorm and SR. Also he's bulky as hell and can deal with a lot of offensive threats or at least check them.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Tough claws I think
252 Spd/252 atk/4 SpD
Hone claws
Stone edge
Aerial Ace
Defog

This was the reason I made this team, to sweep with aerodactyl. Sometimes it works. I run Defog because oftentimes it's the best thing to do on a switch and I run max speed because I don't want an enemy aero to ever ruin a bitch's sweep.

Darmanitan @ choice band
252 spd/252 Atk/4 def jolly
Sheer Force
Flare Blitz
Rock Slide
Earthquake
U-turn

This is darm he hits like a truck we all know that. He is Aerodactyls platonic life partner and they only share a bed because Aero is afraid of the dark and its practical. Darmanitan helps aero by crushing walls, and hitting steel types and stuff that aero can't deal with.

Toxicroak @ life orb
dry skin
252 Spd/252 Atk/4 SpD jolly
Swords dance
Drain punch
Gunk shot
Sucker Punch

So my team is weak as hell to water right? I mean if I see opportunities where toxicroak can wreck a team, I'll bring him in on a bulky water that is trying to be cute with my powerhouses and start setting up. Toxicroak is prob the strongest member of the team tbh idk. He deals with a lot of grass and fairies and waters. Suicune is filth.

The last two members are really kind of tacked on honestly and not thought out much if at all and I would really appreciate suggestions on them.

Alakazam @ Focus sash
Magic Guard
252 Spd/252 SpA/4 SpD timid
Psychic
Dazzling Gleam
Shadow ball
Focus blast

Yeah I guess I wanted a revenge killer that could stop basically anyone trying to sweep and while like I said I didn't really think about it that much he does do well. Very open to suggestion here.

Mienshao Life Orb
Regenerator
252 spd/252 atk/4 hp jolly
High jump kick
Stone edge
Knock off
Fake out

This is actually pretty dumb idk why I run this mon should maybe be something defensive idk. At any rate I don't need yet another glass cannon most likely but maybe

The only thing I'm really attached to is aero/darm/toxicroak and to a lesser extent hippo but I'm open to suggestions everywhere

You may need to check the RMT rules, there is a requirement that you have a three sentence explanation for each of your pokemon. This includes why you chose it, it's moves, and its contributions to the team. If you don't follow through the post will be locked.

Other than that this team gets completely cock-blocked by physical walls such as donphan, other hippowdon, Alomomola, etc;. You may want to go to another team, because fixing this team will require replacing the team.

First off, thank you for minimodding my honest attempt to get some help. We're all impressed. Also, hippo and Donphan do not wall my team. They are issues somewhat but thing of it is you have to basically be immune or at least resistant to fire to wall darmanitan. He isn't concerned with hippo and Donphan. The whole point of toxicroak is to make the enemy team pay dearly for relying on their waters like Alom. The point of commenting on an rmt is to offer suggestions for improvement not tell someone to scrap their team because it has problem mons. Glad I could teach you something.

First off, thank you for minimodding my honest attempt to get some help. We're all impressed. Also, hippo and Donphan do not wall my team. They are issues somewhat but thing of it is you have to basically be immune or at least resistant to fire to wall darmanitan. He isn't concerned with hippo and Donphan. The whole point of toxicroak is to make the enemy team pay dearly for relying on their waters like Alom. The point of commenting on an rmt is to offer suggestions for improvement not tell someone to scrap their team because it has problem mons. Glad I could teach you something.
Well we can't help you if you don't follow the rmt rules, and it's not minimodding. if you don't follow them, i can't help. i'll help once you fix it (if you ever do), but if it's not fixed a mod will lock this thread.

Hello, Crow here. Remember, there are RMT rules, and one of which states that the descriptions must be at least 3 lines long (unless the descriptions are sufficient enough, in which case they are not). But onto the team; I will try to give advice on the team, and do so on the one that needs the most work/is most open for recommendation: Mienshao. Mienshao is very out of place on this team, and the team itself is very walled by physical walls, such as other hippowdon, donphan, etc. What I recommend is using a SpA-focused Pokemon, and Salamence does that extraordinarily well.

Salamence @ Choice Scarf/Life Orb
Ability: Moxie/Intimidate
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Stone Edge/Roost

Salamence is one hell of a Dragon type. Dragon Pulse has amazing STAB and hits most opponents relatively hard, whereas Draco Meteor hits even harder, but has lower accuracy and harshly lowers your SpA each time it hits. If you choose Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse, I recommend using Choice Scarf and Intimidate. Fire Blast and Hydro Pump have some serious coverage against almost every Pokemon hard. Stone Edge can be used to deal with opposing Flying types. If you decide to go with Life Orb, which increases the damage of your moves by 10%, with the cost of 10% Hp each round, I suggest running Roost over Stone Edge for increased longevity.

Moving onto Hippowdon:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 252 Hp / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Earthquake is a feared move which gets STAB and deters frail sweepers from setting up against Hippowdon. Stealth Rock is a great support move that he can set up easily due to his bulk. Slack Off increases his longevity and makes it difficult to wear him down. Stone Edge is more needed than Toxic because it enables him to heavily damage Thundurus, Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, Mega Charizard Y, and other Flying-types. The EVs are taken to balance between SpD and Def, because, again, your team is weak against physical walls. With these EV's along with Salamence, they should be easier to deal with.

So, in total, Salamence > Mienshao, Hippowdon with spread EVs in SpD and Def, Stone Edge > Toxic on Hippowdon, and try to fix your descriptions so this thread won't be locked by a mod.

Have a great day,
Crow.

Last edited:
Thank you :) I will try the Salamence. This is a UU team, so your suggestions for why to run stone edge will not be relevant but it would have been a good suggestion otherwise so thank you

Thank you :) I will try the Salamence. This is a UU team, so your suggestions for why to run stone edge will not be relevant but it would have been a good suggestion otherwise so thank you
I understand that it is UU, but those are reasons outside of PS!, such as actually ingame.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Before I rate this, just gonna say that the whole mini modding vs needing three lines thing wasn't explained well. It's hard to rate a team without 3 lines because you don't know what the purpose of anything is, or what could replace what. Because of this, I'm going to stick to rating sets, not making full mon changes. With the obligatory follow the rules comment out of the way, I do have a few suggestions. Running whirlwind on Hippowdon is nice because you otherwise lack a switchin to curselax and CM reuniclus, so you can at least get them down to the last mon and deal with them. Aerodactyl should have a nature and run roost over hone claws, as the setup isn't really necessary. I don't reccommend max speed either, 216 jolly is good enough for the fastest non scarfed mons like mega sceptile. Jolly toxicroak doesn't outspeed much, adamant's power boost should be much more useful (on mobile, so can't post relevant calcs). Alakazam say it has 252 speed and then 4 speed, do you mean 4 spdef? Try using showdown teambuilderthe importable for your mons. Since you already have focus blast, I'd replace dazzling gleam with energy ball to bop swampert, hippo, and rhyperior. Finally, your team is pretty slow so scarf Mienshao could work well for a fighting spam offensive core with toxicroak and darm to smash walls. That would mean making the ability reckless and changing fake out for u-turn.

While these should help with your sets, you still have a balanced team with no physical wall. I'd reccommend patching up your defensive core by replacing alakazam, who seems like the most expendable mon, with a Spdef Florges and making Hippowdon physically or mixed defensive. I don't think this is a perfect patch, and I'm honestly not quite sure where to go with the defensive core, I more came to just patch up the sets. I at least hope the first suggestions helped.

Edit: Spdef slowking over alakazam would probably be best. Can't import set because mobile, but 252 hp 252 Spdef 4 special attack careful with scald/thunder wave/slack off/dragon tail or psyshock I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)