What do you actually think of Congregation of the Masses?

I have been wondering recently what the Smogoff community thinks of it's sibling, Congregation of the Masses (Hereafter reffered to as Cong). Having spent a decent amount of time in the smogon community, it seemed to be the right time to finally see what Smogoff does actually think of Cong! I'll have 4 main questions for whoever wants to answer.
1. How much time do you spend reading/interacting with both Smogoff and Cong threads?
2. What made you gravitate towards Smogoff as opposed to Cong?
3. What are your general thoughts on Cong?
4. What do you percieve the difference to be? After all, they both have practically the same description (shown below).
1688421782636.png

1688421814555.png

No need to answer all the questions if you don't have an answer/don't want to answer one of them, but in the end I hope to get at least some interesting information about the general thought process of the community in regards to both itself and it's counterpart, Cong (and perhaps a little bit about the Cong community should it apply). I myself am unexperienced in yet still am a fan of Cong, as the threads it has are generally much more thoughtful and lasting, leading to the ability to see interesting development in arguements and ideas throughout many months, even years on the rare occasion. On the other side, Smogoff has a much more quippy and memey community with only about 60% of threads being interesting, and out of that 60% more than half are from already established characters. Yet those 60% are some of the best threads you will see on this site.

I believe Congregation of the Masses is a necessity and core discipline of Smogon University. While it's use case has changed over time, there is no other forum for me to discuss my depression, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, and occasionally dabble into the world of United States politics. It's also home to the photo album, which is basically a staple of Smogon, even as every page constantly has more photos of everything but the actual users face. The only thing it could use more of is incredibly niche hobby threads kept alive solely by the OP, such as one focused on beekeeping.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's also home to the photo album, which is basically a staple of Smogon, even as every page constantly has more photos of everything but the actual users face.
LMFAO AYO STATEMENT OF THE YEAR, faint only dropping hits fr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)