What is your favorite amino acid?

:D

• Total voters

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Leucine for bodybuilding purposes.

Fuck this is like the least nerdy answer to a nerdy question, please don't hurt me for being different guys :-(

You have to be able to picture the 3-dimensional structure. The carboxyl group is coplanar with the nitrogen in the amino group. The hydrogens on the nitrogen can be rotated into a position where they mirror eachother across the central axis. This creates a central plane of symmetry across the molecule, running from the nitrogen through the alpha carbon to the carboxyl.

I'm not gonna lie, but I don't know shit about most of them but I'm going with my boy, Arginine. Helps with the "pump" and has many possible uses

I'm really bored right now, so here are some (god-awful) amino acid jokes.

What is a pirate's favorite amino acid?
arrrrrginine

What is a snake's favorite amino acid?
hissstidine

What is an amino acid's favorite time of day?
3:09 (threonine)

What is Sir Mix-A-Lot's favorite amino acid?
Glutamine

What is the sluttiest amino acid?
Isoleucine

If Togekiss were a protein, what ability would it have?
Serine Grace

What would Michelangelo have painted if he had been a biochemist?
The Cysteine Chapel

I'll be here all night, peeps (but not really)

Histidine is often where the action is... its neutral pKa of its imidazole group allow it to be a proton donor or acceptor in reactions. It directly participates in acid base catalysis. It can activate a nucleophile through deprotonation.

The holy trinity: Serine, Histidine, and Asparate.

It enables triose phosphate isomerase to achieve kinetic perfection.

Fuck Fire Grass Water and SkarmBliss. I love that core instead!!

Glycine is just some NU crap like Unown with its hydrogen as an R group.

Last edited:

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i ask so many of my friends this and am genuinely perplexed when they don't have one.

my favorite is Lysine, K?
(ha)
it's super positive and long

Histidine is often where the action is... its neutral pKa of its imidazole group allow it to be a proton donor or acceptor in reactions. It directly participates in acid base catalysis. It can activate a nucleophile through deprotonation.

The holy trinity: Serine, Histidine, and Asparate.

It enables triose phosphate isomerase to achieve kinetic perfection.

Fuck Fire Grass Water and SkarmBliss. I love that core instead!!

Glycine is just some NU crap like Unown with its hydrogen as an R group.
http://www.nature.com/nchembio/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nchembio.1498.html

:v4:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)