What is your favorite candy? *Candy Discussion*

As much as I hate to bring this up when caramel apples were mentioned, and even though it's too late for Halloween, I was previously thinking about tricking someone into biting into a caramel onion when they weren't expecting it. However, I decided I shouldn't even do that to my enemies, either.

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Tough question, I wish I could say all of them! But if I had to pick one, I'd say my favourite candy is Fuzzy Peach. Not the fruit, but a brand of candy covered in sugar.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has to be something with peanut butter. So Recess Pieces. Better if baked into the middle of a brownie or put on top of ice cream. :D

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
they're kind of annoying but they've never really ruined my experience too much. I guess I just have practice with taking those things off

I also think they're kind of a necessary evil because Reeses are one of the messiest candies when they get warm. You wouldn't want the chocolate and peanut butter to be smeared all over the other candies and the inside of the loose packaging.
It's not about lacking practice, it's that I need both hands to peel them off and there's no avoiding getting it on your fingers at least a little bit. Compare to the typical bar that I can push out from the end of the wrapper and never have to soil my hands directly touching. The holiday variants, though, like Reese's Eggs? Excellent. If they can package those without the doily, why not the regular cups?

Lina

Creatures in Heaven
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My favourite candy/lolly of all time is Bilar. They're a Swedish sweet that are kinda marshmallowy beautiful kinda heaven. The strawberry ones are the best. They look like this.
images (42).jpeg

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In no particular order:

kinder (country is the best, kiner bars is a close second, bueno is bad, egg surprise is godlike)
hershey's cookies and cream
maltesers
ferrero rocher
galaxy salted caramel

sugar ovens

blood inside
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Peppermint candies with cocoa filling. I don't know if there is an equivalent of that in the civilized parts of the world, or what it's called, here they are called "slavia" after the football club.

Also a big fan of halva. It's quite easy to make (a lot of) it, reasonably cheap, no palm oil and other nonsenses and it tastes great.

Recently I've really come to appreciate snickers bars. Which is weird because I used to hate them as a child. But for me they just have the perfect combination of flavours.

After that I'd say its a toss up between Maltesers (especially the ones in the Celebrations tub, they just hit differently from the round packet variety for some reason) and literally any kind of Galaxy chocolate.

Closely followed by Kit Kat, especially the chunky version (Gosh they're good).

Twix is also a very good one and pretty underrated like others have said.

Mars is a classic but I don't really see much hype around them these days. Probably because they've been around since the dinosaurs.

Also lion bars are top notch. I think outside of the UK they're pretty uncommon. But even here people son't seem to know what they are or even talk about them these days. I think again becuase they're a chocolate bar that's as old as time itself.

bombom-lacta-sonho-de-valsa-unidade-21-5g-1ee.jpg

Sonho de valsa is probably some of the best (industrialized) brazilian candy tbh. Idk if they sell it in the us but if you find one of these dudes I highly recommend buying some.

hersheys chocolate, dark choc, reeses, twizzlers, riesen choc covered caramel, all kinds of gummy candy is good. Fruit rollups and fruit by the foot.
Halvah and jelly rings are great too.

i'm obsessed with the full size laffy taffys you get at like concession stands and gas stations sometimes that are like six inches long. these bitches:
1610070005509.png

the sparkle cherry ones and the grape ones are the best. the watermelon ones are just okay. they're great because they cost like $1.69 a piece but last way longer relative to other candy in the price range because they're so stretchy they take ages to eat. very cost effective candy enjoyment right here

i also am really into various kinds of sour candy. the more sour the better. i legitimately love warheads. what are tastebuds for if not for being fried off by comical amounts of concentrated citric acid

OP: that seems like nougat, which is indeed the shit. if you can find it, i would recommend trying artisanal nougat if you can find it, it's amazing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)