Project What's His Last? V2 [Week 7 Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Approved by AM
Original by Halcyon. and Subject 18

Banner by Analytic
A long time ago, back when DPP was the current gen, and there was no team preview, the above question was often asked. You had to be prepared for anything in that last slot and use your deductive teambuilding skills to figure out just what your opponent was saving in the back. Still today, we can use these skills to better build our own teams. When building, there will be times when you have 5 perfect Pokemon. Mons that fit together so well that you just can't seem to pick a final Pokemon. Or sometimes you have a crippling weakness to a major threat and can't think of a mon that will cover it that fits the team. This project aims to let the community figure out what the best last Pokemon would be for a given team of 5.

Every round, I will post a team that is missing one Pokemon. You guys will then post suggestions for the final mon. Over the next few days, these nominations will be discussed amongst the users until voting begins. Once the vote starts, people will choose the last mon that they think fits the rest of the team best. At the end of the round, the Pokemon with the most votes will be the winner! The team will be archived, and the user who suggested the set will have his or her name alongside the team. Think of this as a lesson in team building!

RULES:
1. Standard OU forum rules apply. No flaming/antagonizing please. Also no one liners please.
2. No joke sets. Sets that are plain bad/unviable are not welcome.
3. No slashing in your suggestions. You can't have 5 moves in a battle, why here?
4. Only one nomination per person, per round. Can't suggest more than one mon.
5. No changing the other members of the team, INCLUDING SETS. Only I can change the team and movesets.
6. Please PM me if you have a team you would like featured!
7: Have Fun ^_^

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Here is the team for Week 1! Credit goes to bludz for the team.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

This team is based off of the core of Thundurus and Mega Metagross. Heatran was added for it's usage of being a Stealth Rocker, and helps against Metagross's weakness to fire, meanwhile Thundy helps against Ground Types. Celebi was then added to absorb water/keldeo and Azumarill check. Keldeo was lastly added for the weakness of Weavile, Scizor, and Bisharp; and some way to pressure bulky ground types. But one question remains...What's His last?

Last edited:

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

The team lacks hazard removal, and a decent switch into M-CharY. Latios also gives the team another Manaphy check, which does trouble the team a lot, and synergizes well with the rest of the team

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes

The Team is really weak to Knock off CB Azumarill and zardy, and this walls both of them pretty well, CB return doing 50% max. This set also provides the team a way to remove hazards, making it easier for thundurus to switch in because rocks are removed. Toxic spikes can also help a lot vs defensive teams without a cleric as well as wearing down sweepers on offense. Also scald can really fuck with physical attackers, so there is that.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

The team needs a defog user AND it needs a good check to Excadrill. Sand offense is easily one of the biggest threats to the team, especially SD Excadrill, which can literally sweep after 1 SD. Skarmory also acts as a soft Weavile check and CB Azumarill. Only thing it can't check is Zard Y :(

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

One of the biggest problems I can see in this team is that fast Electrics like Raikou and Manectric can pretty much freely come on in and just spam Volt Swicth away, especially since the only electric resist on the team, Celebi, is a fee switchin for some of the most dangerous Pokemon in the tier. Choice Scarf Garchomp doesn't fix this problem completely since it's vulnerable to HP Ice, but at least it's still able to check fast Electric types and prevent them from spamming Volt Swicth.

It also has other attractive traits for this team, like the ability to revenge kill XZard without going through the whole business of paralyzing it with Thundurus (EQ or not, this particular Heatran set is not a good answer to it), check opposing NP Thundurus (hence why it is running Stone Edge), deal with opposing Metagross, being an okay check to Gengar, emergency check Talonflame and Lopunny that have gotten out of hand via Rough Skin, and act as a generic cleaner with Outrage.

And, in case you're wondering, there are 2 reasons I chose this over Landorus-T : firstly, it's a better YZard check, and secondly, it doesn't completely lose to Bisharp, which is already a big threat to the team if Keldeo goes down, and not something it ever wants to give an attack boost to.

My only real problem is that it makes the whole team pretty weak to Unaware Clefable, but unfortunately, most Electric resists lose to that anway, and I felt like a fast Electric resist (preferrably a Ground type) was something this team needed.

Last edited:

Latinas (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog
So this thing removes hazards that annoy the crap out of the team. Latias also sits in Zard Y,Mega Manec since Fire Blast/HP ice does a solid 3hko. Thing is excadrill has no problem wooping the team's ass if this thing is added and cb azu is a problem

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Hippowdon provides a switch-in to fast Electric-type attackers such as Mega Manectric and Raikou who can otherwise Volt Switch out for momentum with ease. It also provides a much-needed check to Mega Charizard-X, Mega Charizard-Y and Talonflame while also being able to tank hits from Bisharp. Toxic is used in the last slot to cripple Zapdos, Lati@s or Landorus-T who can otherwise switch-in freely against Hippowdon. This allows Metagross and Thundurus to sweep easier.

Last edited:
Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave / Dazzling Gleam / Aura Sphere
- Roost
- Defog
- Air Slash

Togekiss provides a much needed Garchomp and Alakazam check and removes hazards for the team.

Last edited:

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
As I see it, the team needs a scarfer and ideally one that can sweep with nasty pass support. Unfortunately, Thundy-T would be illegal on the squad due to the presence of Thundurus-I, and Lando is banned. So there's only one real option left that is an electric immunity that everyone is crying for, and it also incidentally beats fairies (yes i know there is a metagross but still).
It's time for the King!
Nidoking (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
Hazard removal I feel isn't necessary when you have three rocks resists and one ground immunity. But I can see why you would do that. I man the team abuses broken twave so maybe it doesnt need a scarfer but I feel this is best.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
#HAPPY300POST:D

Voting Starts Now ^_^

Please Comment which Pokemon and say the persons name in bold, this makes it easier for me to see the votes. Voting will end in 48 Hours! P.S. Don't vote for yourselves.

Example: Mega Banette, AD impish john

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)