Project What's Their Last? PU Edition Round 6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katy

Banned deucer.

Simisear @ Firium Z
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp

I've decided to go with Simisear, since it is a nice special breaker and is easy to get in with the Volt-Turn support from Mesprit and Lanturn.
Simisear is also pretty fast, gives this team some kind of speed, has a great offensive typing and is able to dent holes with a +2 Z Fire Blast, it also provides status support due to help of Will-o-Wisp, HP Grass is here the coverage option, so Simisear doesnt get walled by opposing Lanturn and also other Waters like Jellicent.

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed

Tangela is chosen mainly for its ability to check various physical breakers such as the Normal-types and Lycanroc. It also gives the team a better option against Ground-types, because despite having two immunities already, Golurk and Toxic Mudsdale are a pain to switch into, and the team also struggles to play around Gastrodon and Quagsire reliably.

Also fix that Simisear, nuke HP Grass and make it GK please.​

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Aurorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Blizzard
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power

The team has no real special breaker and no real way to break through Quag and Gastrodon without HP Grass Lanturn, so hence i feel Scarf Aurorus would do pretty well here. Handles Ground-types with Blizzard or Freeze-Dry in the case of Quag and Gastro and this also helps against weather as Rain hampers this team pretty hard especially when the Water resist dies to Continental Crush from Kabutops.

The winner is Jmash324 , gz! New team provided by Taskr
R5 up

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Drill Run
- Accelerock

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

Greybaum

GENTLEMAN, THIS IS DEMOCRACY MANIFEST
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Right now the team lacks a spinblocker and a Gurdurr check (outside of Mesprit).
Jellicent is arguably the best spinblocker to pair with Roselia, not only pressuring Hitmonchan and Sandslash-A but checking stuff like Combusken and Crabominable as well.
Jellicent also gives the team a secondary water resist for a strong rain matchup and helps break down stall with Taunt & Recover.
Hex is used over stall because it's better at dealing with Qwilfish, which the team otherwise struggles against. Also helps Vs psychics like Jynx/Mesprit and does more chip to Eelektross.

Last edited:

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I'll take Scarf Skuntank

(you know I had to)

Skuntank @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Memento

This team does not like Psychic-types. Something like Scarf Mesprit kinda just spams Psychic or just U-turn on Mesprit. While the team had plenty of priority, I'm still a fan of running Scarf mons. Therefore, I had to find a Scarf mon that beat Psychic. I considered Scyther, but that doesn't help with Mesprit spamming Psychic and Scyther sucks rn. The only notable things about the set is that Pursuit further helps with the Psychic-types, and Froslass which can be a bother for the team, and Memento can help Lycanroc get in to set up and sweep.

Last edited:

Swanna @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Brave Bird
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Grass]

The team needs speed; except for Lycanroc, it is very slow. Scarf Swanna checks that weakness. It enjoys the offensive core to threaten Mons like Lanturn, Eelektross or Articuno and, on the other hand, Swanna can get rid of Gatro/Quag(/Carrac) with a kind of Lure-tec HP Grass (Defog isn't needed) and threaten Fighting, Rock and Ground types with it's STAB moves which in turn supports Lycanroc and Kangaskhan.

The winner is UberSkitty ! grats!
R6 up with a new team:

Lilligant @ Normalium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hyper Beam

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 172 SpA / 136 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- Toxic

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Sandslash-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Last edited:

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Pursuit
- Superpower

I think it goes without saying how good that the core of Stout+Lilli is, so the obvious last choice for this team would be Stoutland. It offers a strong physical breaker because honestly Scarf Scyther is more speed control than breaking and the team seems like it would struggle to beat stuff like Eelektross, Drampa, and Clefairy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)