ORAS Ubers What's Yellow and Sticky? (Sticky Web Team, 1600+)

Galv.png

upload_2015-2-19_14-29-2.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-29-8.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-29-14.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-29-23.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-34-47.png

Hey there! It's Antacool, back after a long moment (I was very busy the last months). I will present to you my new ORAS Ubers team that I created a few days ago. It's a Sticky Web team, a sort of offensive team that is cool to play with in the actual Ubers metagame imo. It's working pretty well at the moment.

The strategy is to slow down the opponent’s Pokemon and bring a real support to my sweepers, while countering Defog users. I composed my team of an underrated web setter, Galvantula (Shuckle can't really do anything to new Magic Bouncers, but yeah I don't know if it's still viable), anti-defogers, and big and a bit slow sweepers.

So let's start the teambuilding:

upload_2015-2-19_14-28-13.png

I started my team with Galva the electric spider who sets up Sticky Web: while being a bit gimmicky with its garbage defenses and pretty bad movepool, it has however some good advantages such as a good speed stat, allowing him to place a speedy Sticky Web, and correct offensive pressure with 322 SpAttack and Compound Eyes STAB Thunder. Hello birds!

upload_2015-2-19_14-30-37.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-30-42.png

I added another very underrated Pokemon, Tyranitar, for some good reasons: to place Stealth Rocks and to beat easily a part of Ubers Defogers named Lati@s. Its ability to check most Darkrai, Yveltal, Gengar, Mega Salamence, and Deoxys-A leads is also Excellent.

upload_2015-2-19_14-31-2.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-31-9.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-31-15.png

The 2 primal forms were added in my team. Do I really need to say why? They are both just OP. These are fearsome sweepers who just lack a bit speed. Welp, sticky web is here! Don't worry :)

upload_2015-2-19_14-31-48.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-31-57.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-32-2.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-32-7.png

My mega slot is chosen. Mega-Kanghaskan, a mega who I still not played with, so I wanted to give it a try. Good attack and priority are the two good reasons to use it.

upload_2015-2-19_14-32-30.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-32-35.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-32-41.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-32-45.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-32-51.png

My Arceus slot, I decided to complete the team with another sweeper who can check somewhat ExtremSpeed users. I firstly decided to run a Swords Dance Arceus Ghost.

upload_2015-2-19_14-33-20.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-33-27.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-33-32.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-33-37.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-33-56.png

The basic team is pretty effective offensively, but I lacked of a decent Primal-Groudon switch in. This is a pretty bad thing considering it's the most used Pokemon in Ubers, and has a free time to come on Tyranitar and Primal Kyogre. So I replaced Mega Kanga by LO Rayquaza for physically offensive presence and priority. By the way, I offer the Mega Stone to Tyranitar.

upload_2015-2-19_14-34-21.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-34-27.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-34-32.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-34-38.png
upload_2015-2-19_14-34-42.png

Even with Rayquaza, after several matches, my team is still weak to ground Pokemon in general. Plus, I couldn't put enough pressure to Defogers like defensive Arceus and Will-O-Wisp Giratina. I needed a second pokemon who is able to check Ground mons and solve all these problems. LO Yveltal!! The perfect choice thanks to his access to Taunt and powerful Dark moves.

So, what Pokemon to replace? Every members bring essential roles, and this is finally the Arceus slot I decided to sacrifice. I know, a good strategical Ubers team must have an Arceus. But this definitive team still works nicely. That's my first strategical Ubers team without the God of Pokemon...

Here is the presentation of the team!

upload_2015-2-19_14-38-40.jpeg

RIP shuckie (Galvantula) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature

- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Steel] / Bug Buzz

Galvantula is my Sticky Web setter, as I said in my intro. He usually put the web then die, or sometimes also deals good damage to frail sweepers and birds. Thanks to the Focus Sash, Galva is guaranteed to setup even against faster sweepers, except Taunt users and Darkrai.

Thunder is his main STAB, has a near perfect precision thanks to Compound Eyes, and gets a nice para chance that can sometimes make good surprises. Toxic is to do at least something against threats he cannot hurt like Primal-Groudon, and helps against Lugia and Ekiller. Toxic never misses, and that’s a good point (I’m serious). Bug Buzz is secondary STAB for Deoxys-S and Mewtwo but you can go for HP Steel to troll Mega-Diancie (and this makes Galvantula a good web setter against Mega Magic bouncers actually)

His speed base of 108 is good in Ubers, despite it’s just below 110 and cannot outspeed key threats such as Lati@s. With the Timid nature, it doesn’t outspeed relevant Pokemon compared with the Modest nature. With that nature, it reaches 315 that is just superior to max speed based 90 (Primal Forms), and below, such as Smeargle. Plus its special attack is maximized, so it gets all the power it needs for STAB Thunder and some key 2HKO/OHKOs:

252+ SpA Galvantula Hidden Power Steel vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 244-288 (101.2 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Galvantula Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Deoxys-S: 288-342 (94.7 - 112.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Galvantula Thunder vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Deoxys-S: 177-208 (58.2 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Galvantula Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mewtwo: 177-208 (50.1 - 58.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Galvantula Thunder vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Yveltal: 326-386 (71.6 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Galvantula Thunder vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 216-254 (52 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Galvantula Thunder vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 144-169 (47.3 - 55.5%) -- 76.6% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Galvantula Thunder vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Lugia: 222-264 (53.3 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Vital Member (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb

Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Rock Slide

There’s almost no reason to not use Primal Groudon in Ubers. Every player knows how it is powerful and versatile. I chose Him as my offensive Ground sweeper, who matches very well with Sticky Web: he outspeeds every mon up to MMY with the web, and just need one SD turn to become absolutely disgusting. With good predictions and playing along with Sashed Galvantula, and once Defogers are weakend or eliminated, Pdon is able to finish the match easily (see some replays below)

Earthquake is for STAB (does he really need Precipice Blades instead when reaching 1008 Attack?), Fire Punch against occasional Ferrothorn and to hit harder than EQ in general, and Rock Slide for Yveltal, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, Mega-Salamence,… well, big birds who are not affected by Sticky Web.

His great natural bulk also helps to stomach a +2 E-killer hit or a +2 Xern’s Moonblast and deals good damage back.

Outrageous (Rayquaza) @ Life Orb

Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature

- Dragon Ascent
- Surf / Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- V-create / Earthquake / Swords Dance

All-Out Attacker Rayquaza. This is a real monster when Sticky Web is up. His main job is to check Primal-Groudon and threaten him the OHKO with Air Locked Surf (and a lot of people doesn’t predict that). STAB Dragon Ascent deals a ton of damage on everything not named Lugia and not Fly resistant. Extreme Speed is for RK and helps mainly against Deoxys-A, Shaymin-Sky and weakened Xerneas. For the last slot I usually change, V-create and Earthquake are both for Steel types, but the first one OHKO both Ferrothorn and Skarmory and the second one hits Rock types for super effective damage. Swords Dance seems also to be a nice option but Surf is still more useful in my experience.

Whale lord (Kyogre-Primal) @ Blue Orb

Ability: Primordial Sea
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Sleep Talk

Primal Kyogre, you’re the Whale Lord, you saved me against ORAS Evasion Pass. Big Honor to you.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-211429636

Primal Kyogre is my main Special Sweeper and causes immediate and great ravages when Sticky Web is up. Same speed as Primal Groudon (279), just enough to outspeed Mega-Mewtwo Y with Sticky Web. Using Him is like having a Scarf Ogre without be locked. This is just priceless… Origin Pulse gets a lot of kills especially with Stealth Rocks up, thanks to the STAB and the boost coming from Primordial See. Thunder if I face opposing Ogre and for perfect precision, and Ice Beam for Dragons and Primal-Groudon, as always. My favourite 4th move is Sleep Talk because Sleep inducers are somewhat common and permits Kyogre to hit while asleep; if I face Darkrai I just switch in to Kyogre and double with Tyranitar to get Rocks up easily.

Le Tyran (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Tyranitarite

Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature

- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave

Why this monster is not that used in ORAS? Mega-Tyranitar is a great Rocks setter and checks so many things: Darkrai, Yveltal, Mega-Gengar (or not mega because he will appreciate the Levitate ability ^^), some Mega-Salamence, Rayquaza, Offensive Giratina, Ho-Oh, Mewtwo and MMY, CM Arceus Ghost and Dark… and Reshiram (phew almost forgot him). Stealth Rocks needs no explanation, this is the minimum of Entry Hazards that every good team must have. It also deals great damage to birds who are immune to the Sticky Web. Thunder Wave is the key move number 2. It allows Tyranitar to cripple an offensive threat like GeoXerneas or Roosting DD MMence attempting to boost on him. It also permits Tyranitar to hit Ekiller before he uses a super effective move. Pursuit is the reason I also choose Tyranitar. Mainly because for Soul Dew Lati@s who will make my other teammates’ lives hard. Switch on them when they go for Defog and trap them. Pursuit is also very good against opposing Ditto who copy my Galvantula to put its own Web, and Deoxys-A without a fighting move (Deoxys-A lead I guess). Stone Edge for STAB, birds, well for good neutral damage in general.

upload_2015-2-19_14-43-7.jpeg

Yves (Yveltal) @ Life Orb

Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature

- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

This is the last and maybe the more important of all of the sweepers in my team. For obvious reasons: access to Taunt and STAB Dark moves.

Taunt is a key move for a Sticky Web team. It allows Yves to prevent Defensive Arceus (Ghost and Ground are the most common), and Giratina forms using Defog. When paired with Mega-Tyranitar they both form an excellent anti-defogers combo. With Rayquaza, they both form an offensive duo who is not affected by opposing Sticky Web and spikes.

It has enough speed to abuse its sweeper role thanks to the Web. STAB - Dark Aura - Life Orbed - Rash Nature boosted Dark Pulse with a 80 Base Power and a good chance to Flinch that is 20% that is the same chance of Waterfall secondary effect and… OK enough, you know what I mean, it’s an OP move. Oblivion Wing for secondary STAB and good recovery with 75% HP damage drained. This is a good move for unboosted Blaziken and opposing Dark pokes. Sucker Punch is for priority, this is still useful when facing a boosted sweeper or stallers who are taunted.

Heat Wave might be a good option for Klefki but I don’t really need it since Primal-Don enjoy boosting on this Swagplay God Pokemon. Oh wait no, it’s Liepard!

Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-211688033

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-211690096

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-211730617

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-211864367

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-211869505

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-211870330

Threatlist:

- E-Killer: threatening, but not that difficult to stop. Usually must take a powerful hit on the SD turn then P-Don take one hit and finishes Him. However, if it has Lum and SD on Galvantula, this can become a pretty horrible timer course and I must predict well with Mega-Tyranitar, Yveltal and Galvantula switches to take hits, until Toxic and SandStorm finishes it.

- Geomancy Xerneas: can’t really setup easily, except on Galvantula. Aromatherapy GeoXerneas with Focus Blast / HP ground can 6-0 me though, if Sandstorm, Ray’s Espeed and Sucker Punch don’t save me.

- Earthquake Dragon Dance Mega Salamence, or other sweepers boosting their speed like SD Blaziken and Rock Polish Groudon-Primal

- Fast Birds, like Shaymin-Sky

- Hazards, I need to play aggressive to not let the opponent spike too much.

- Rapid Spinners. Oh Wait what?

That’s it! I would be pleased to get any comments or suggests about my team.

Thank you to the players who appreciate the team (XCello,…) and it’s still a pleasure for me to play with every PS and PO members some Ubers when I have the time.

Now Rate my Team!

Attachments

Last edited:
Pastebin:

RIP shuckie (Galvantula) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Modest Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Steel]

Vital Member (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Rock Slide

Outrageous (Rayquaza) @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Surf
- Extreme Speed
- V-create

Whale lord (Kyogre-Primal) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Sleep Talk

Yves (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Le Tyran (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Tyranitarite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
Hi antacool!

I built some very successful sticky web teams in late XY, and something formulatic then was Sticky setter / SpecsOgre or other hard hitter / SR user with Taunt or Explosion / Trapping. Obviously, one of these tools (SpecsOgre) is unviable in ORAS, at that a crucial one to prevent support Arceus from Defogging; but, using Taunt on Tyranitar with max Speed would improve your team's matchups against Defog Arceus. Typically your opponent will try to switch in a defogger, if it's an Arc form, on the turn SR is set, so having Taunt on your SR setter is indispensable for the success of Sticky Web teams. Not many SR setters hit hard enough to 2HKO Support Arceus and catch Latias on the switch, maybe Landorus-T can but he overlaps Pursuit users which seems to be a necessity for Sticky Web now that Lati@s is the best defogger in the game; so, running a Taunt that's fast when SW is on the field stands as the only option for your SR setter to keep Webs down against teams using Defog Arceus.

Otherwise, I think the team is fine as is, but it seems weak to Geoxern if it gets the chance to set-up, so you could run Choice Band Ray to pick off a weakened Xerneas after it has taken an EQ from Don or an OW from Yveltal.

Anyhow, good luck and it's great to see you playing Ubers again!

e: Stone Edge > Rock Slide on Don too

Last edited:
Hi Antacool. Really Nice rmt right here and also nice team in my opinion.It's really amazing to see players who are actually innovative.
Now about The team:
10/10 for calling Rayquaza Outrageous!!!
1)This Galvantula set you made is really awesome imo can extremely annoy magic bouncers with thunder and hp steel (which is purely team specific here) and also can annoy defoggers like Arceus forms or Giratina-O with Toxic.That's a really great set imo nothing to add.Just use 0 IV's in attack on galvantula to handle mega sab's foul plays better.
2)Ttar's set is good.But I would use Normal Ttar instead of mega with Shuca berry.Also add Earthquake instead of thunder wave.
you might know already that Shuca berry halfs the power of a super effective ground move so that would help you deal better with Groudon:
252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Shuca Berry Tyranitar: 252-297 (62.5 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tyranitar Earthquake vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 164-194 (43.9 - 52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
And also will help you deal better with Extreme Killer and eq mega salamence While fulfilling the same role as mega.
3)Don's set is fine.I like Stone Edge usually but if you miss a lot i guess it's fine to go with rock slide + a chance to flinch aint bad.
4)Ogre's set is fine and helps you deal with Darkrai who would otherwise be annoying so no Changes.
5)Yveltal's set is good Just add Uturn instead of taunt since you are already so good against stall and this yveltal hits really hard.Better gain momentum against some switch ins like fairies can be really priceless sometimes and would reduce the xerneas weakness.
6)I would use An Outrageous Mega Lucario Instead of the Outrageous Rayquaza. Lucario is Awesome on sticky web has a very strong priority on Xerneas who might annoy you and deals with tons of threats when webs are up with it's ability to resist extreme speed mainly.
Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Tail
- Swords Dance
Some calcs:
+2 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Iron Tail vs. 144 HP / 252 Def Giratina-O: 374-440 (78.4 - 92.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Iron Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Salamence: 282-332 (85.1 - 100.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
You can Also Run an Outrageous Mega Salamence set who would work even without webz and who can also check EKiller/Blaziken etc but can not annoy a +2 xerneas like Lucario:
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 200 HP / 132 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge/Frustration
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Hope I helped and Good luck!

Thank you for your responses everyone :]

Nice suggests there for Tyranitar, but now I have a big question: best Tyranitar's moveset???
The prove that he is so underrated, he's versatile and useful at a point he suffers from a 4 slots syndrom in my team.

Another cool suggest for Tyranitar would be Roar. He can spread Paralysis if I choose Thunder Wave, and avoid any sort of dangerous placements, like Sub DD + 2 attacks Mmence, Ekiller, and Rock Polish Pdon threatening to sweep my whole team thanks to the Shuca (so nice suggest there Outrage ;) ). Once he dies I go RK with another sweeper.
Deoxys Speed is still a bit annoying, because he offers a placement for Pdon after Taunting Galvantula so Shuca (or Air Balloon so he takes nothing from the mentionned sweepers until it pops?) Ttar would be helpful here to Roar the RP Pdon. I still keep Pursuit for tias so I must run either Thunder Wave or Stone Edge. I think Earthquake is not the best option, because offensive Pdon outspeeds Tyranitar and this move is just useful for him, Roar might be better.

So the Tyranitar set would be something like:

Le Tyran (Tyranitar) @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave
- Roar

Or

Le Tyran (Tyranitar) @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Roar

Ducky, thank you for your experience advises. Max Speed Tyranitar means I must run the Tyranitarite, because I can't outspeed Arceus otherwise. So he will lack of bulk to take a +1 super effective EQ, and imo Tyranitar facing Defog Arceus is quite situationnal compared to facing Ekiller, MMence, and all these HO ORAS teams' sweepers (XY was more balanced)

Outrageous, Mega Luke is a great suggest. Because he helps me a lot against Ekiller, Khangaskan and GeoXern. I thought it would be a bad choice because of my EQ weakness but he does so good work against HO... Even though I still miss Ray sometimes with the omnipresence of Pdon. U-turn on Yveltal is not that great because I can't remove SR.

Oh and yeah Galvantula runs HP Steel so how to minimize its attack? I don't know how to optimize the IV's there..

Finally Mental Herb Galvantula for the speedy alien would be cool but yeah it's again a 50-50 choice...

I will try all these changes.

Any opinions?

Last edited:

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
yh Mega luke can help ur team against some threat, and counter TTar with a shuca berry can be a good option for rekt P Don and ekiller.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
I definitely strongly advise against an air balloon Tyranitar set. Ttar isn't often coming in for free and comes in to take a hit for something that got threatened out that you want to keep. Shuca is by far the best option, helping immensely against Pdon and Ho-Ohs who get a read on you switching in (CB EQ or LO EQ hit hard but shuca remedies this).

As for mental herb galv, it isn't worth the niche matchup against a speedy taunter (deo-S isn't that common and you outscored Yveltal). As for taunt mewtwo variations you should just bug buzx. As for Deoxys, you don't lead Galv anyways, use ttar and limit the deo form to 1 turn of life only. You'll just have to try to get webs later.

But if you find you value your webs over the enemy hazards, mental herb + bug buzz works vs deo-S. Just watch out for Magic Coat (lol this isn't Gen5 who runs this anymore?).

Mega Metagross does great job! I'm running this one:

Megagross (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake (for Primal Groudon mainly, even though Bullet Punch might be good for Xerneas, or Hammer Arm for Ekiller)
- Pursuit

a little replay with this monster:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-214770311

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)