BW OU White Fang's Revolution!

Introduction

Hello everyone, I hereby present my first RMT. This is a team that I have used extensively in the early BW2, before the arrival of Garchomp in the tier.It is one of my favorite teams and I have had a lot of success with it, winning the #pokemon tournament for example, which is why I present today. I hope you enjoy :d

Teambuilding
I started with the idea of the Landorus + Stoutland- core, because I noticed that most of Stoutland’s checks were lured in and killed by Landorus.

After that I obviously added a Sandstorm inducer to abuse Stoutland's special ability, Sand Rush. Since I prefer semi stall , I decided to run Hippowdon.

I then needed a solid defensive core fitting semi stall. I started to play with Amoongus, Heatran and Jellicent. The core was pretty good and also gave me a spinblocker who was pretty solid.

I noticed I was weak to Entry Hazards so I decided to try defensive Starmie which proved to be a good choice.

Lets take a closer look at the team: (changes will be in bold)

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers

• Sand Stream
• 252 HP / 36 Def / 216 sdef / 4 Spd
• Impish Nature
• Moveset:
- Earthquake: Strong STAB-move that hits a lot of things hard.
- Ice Fang: Allows Hippowdon to pop Air Balloons, and it hits Flying Types- like Gliscor and Dragonite.
- Slack Off: Allows him to stay healthy throughout the battle.
- Stealth Rock: Essential move for all offensive or defensive teams, "to limit switching".

Why Hippowdon?

I needed Sandstorm for Stoutland, so my choice would therefore involve either or Hippowdon or Tyranitar. Since I didn’t really like the latter, I immediately tried Hippowdon. It's also not trapped by Dugtrio which is extremely useful, especially against Sun Teams.

Spread, item and nature

For the distribution of EV's, I chose a middle ground between the Defensive and Specially Defensive sets. It does not hurt Hippowdon to take Special or Physical Moves, and it can Slack Off the damage. Impish Nature takes hits better on the physical side and Leftovers to regain health every turn for increased longevity.

Heatran @ Leftovers
• Flash Fire
• 252 HP / 216 sdef / 40 Spd
• Calm Nature
• Moveset:
- Lava-Plume: Stab and can get a burn which is always good
- Earth Power: Mainly for other Heatran who otherwise would wall my Heatran
- Protect: Allows you to scout the enemy moves, saving a round sandstorm / toxic or burn when possible and recovers 6% damage with Leftovers
- Toxic: Discourages other Pokemon from using set up moves

Why Heatran?
The first member of Fire Water Grass core. Real counter of Genesect, and it is just great at defending Special Attacks. It allows you to check all Fire Pokemon, and usually Sun Teams without Dugtrio have a hard time beating it.

Spread item and nature
Distribution is easy, I reach 200 speed and allows me to outspeed all defensive Heatran and Pokemon that aim for that benchmark. This also allows me to be able to catch opposing Heatran with Earth Power. The rest is put into HP and SpeDef for obvious reasons of bulk. I use Leftovers to regain 6% per turn and thus prolong its life. Protect and opposing switches make sure Heatran is healthy throughout the game. Calm nature for obvious reasons of special bulk.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
• Regenerator
• 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 sdef
• Calm Nature
• Moveset:
- Giga Drain: allows me to attack the opponent and regain a little of my health
- Spore: Puts an enemy asleep which is very advantageous
- Clear Smog: Prevents the opposing Pokemon from setting up. It is also a STAB.
- Stun Spore-: To paralyze a pokemon usually on the switch after using Spore.

Why Amonguss?
Second member of the Water Fire Grass Core, it helps to have a good weapon with which to face rain teams because it is able to take almost all Special Attacks. It also allows me to put opposing Pokemon to sleep. Sleep is always beneficial, and Amoongus can paralyze other Pokemon to facilitate my switches. Amoongus is a perfect check to Breloom and Water Pokemon.

Spread item and nature

EV distribution allows me to take as much damage on the specially defensive side. 40 Defense EVs allow me to take a little more physical beating and mainly Psyshock of Starmie that often comes when they think they will OHKO me. Leftovers to regain my life (or not losing is when there is SandStorm). A Calm nature to better take special moves (mainly water types).

Another option: Roserade with Spikes could play the same role as it, Spikes are great for my team but it is less bulky.

Starmie @ Leftovers
• Natural Cure
• 136 HP / 64 Def / 56 SAtk / 252 Spd
• Timid Nature
• Moveset:
- Scald: It never burns!
- Psyshock: Stab, lets get rid of fighting or even gengar
- Recover: For longevity
- Rapid Spin: removes the Hazards that my opponent set up

Why Starmie?
I really need a spinner, after playing Jellicent for a long time, the stall team were horrible to face if they managed to put all their hazards. So I opted for Starmie, and he completed the FWG core more.

Spread, item and nature
For EV distribution, it's pretty simple, I do not like not being max speed with him. Whenever I tested, I always regretted less speed. Distribution allows me to take hits relatively well and weak priority moves. 56 SpAtk EVs to hit the relatively stronger Fighting Pokes like Conkeldurr that upset me. Timid nature to be the fastest possible.

Landorus @ Life Orb
• Sheer Force
• 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
• Timid Nature
• Moveset:
- U-turn: To keep the momentum against the teams presenting checks as Rotom or Latias Celebi.
- Earth Power: STAB mandatory, surprises physicall stallers such as Forretress.
- Focus Blast: For the coverave, can make good damage to Skarmory or Bliss / Chansey.
- Hidden Power [Ice]: Another option that covers Gliscor, Dragonite.

Why Landorus?
It is the perfect partner for Stoutland because it lures the majority of stallers thanks to it usually having a physical movepool. It does well against Bulkys Offense by OHKO/2HKOing a large portion of the metagame. He enjoys SR to KO Stoutland checks.

Spread, item and nature
The simple 252/252 to enter the strongest possible as soon as possible. LO with Sheer Force, since Earth Power and Focus Blast won't damage Landorus.

Another option: Rock Polish over U-Turn

White Fang (Stoutland) @ Choice Band
• Sand Rush
• 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
• Adamant Nature
• Moveset:
- Return: STAB and it can finish the opposing team effectively. "I do not give a fuck" button
- Pursuit: Used to weaken or finish some threats on a switch, such as Starmie or Gengar.
- Wild Charge: Basically for SKarmory especially if I am not able to get rid of it with Landorus
- Superpower: Used against Steel / Rock types if Landorus has not completed its sweep out, another coverage move.

Why Stoutland?
Being faster than other Pokemon is really important in a metagame as offensive as BW2. With the decline in use Scizor, Stoutland is back stronger than BW1, with a range of new threats to revenge kill. It obviously benefits the work of Landorus, which successfully eliminates physical walls. This is a late-game sweeper. He’s really strong, look at the calculations below.
252Atk Choice Band Stoutland (+Atk) Return in Sandstorm vs 0HP/0Def Leftovers Volt Absorb Thundurus Therian (Neutral): 102% - 120% (306 - 361 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
252Atk Choice Band Stoutland (+Atk) Return in Sandstorm vs 4HP/0Def Keldeo (Neutral): 77% - 91% (250 - 295 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252Atk Choice Band Stoutland (+Atk) Return vs 4HP/0Def Tornadus Therian (Neutral): 92% - 108% (276 - 325 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 51% chance to OHKO.(100% OHKO with Rocs)
252Atk Choice Band Stoutland (+Atk) Return in Sandstorm vs 4HP/0Def Salamence (Neutral): 83% - 97% (276 - 325 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. (Clean OHKO with Rocs)
252Atk Choice Band Stoutland (+Atk) Return in Sandstorm vs 4HP/0Def Starmie (Neutral): 100% - 117% (262 - 309 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
252Atk Choice Band Stoutland (+Atk) Return in Sandstorm vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Tentacruel (+Def): 58% - 69% (214 - 253 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252Atk Choice Band Stoutland (+Atk) Return in Sandstorm vs 4HP/0Def Leftovers Landorus (Neutral): 78% - 92% (250 - 295 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. (Possible OHKO with Rocs)
252Atk Choice Band -1 Stoutland (+Atk) Return in Sandstorm vs 252HP/0Def Leftovers Landorus Therian (Neutral): 43% - 51% (166 - 196 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. (High chance to 2HKO with Rocs)
252Atk Choice Band Stoutland (+Atk) Return in Sandstorm vs 252HP/0Def Leftovers Levitate Latios (Neutral): 75% - 89% (276 - 325 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. (Possible OHKO with Rocs)

Spread, item and nature
Choice Band to hit as hard as possible, Adamant to hit harder and EV distribution to hit as hard as possible and the fastest too. Not much to explain again.

The last words
Thanks for reading this, I hope you enjoyed it. I'd like to thanks everyone who helped me with this RMT. A big thanks to Delko / undisputed and Steven Snype who helped me with grammar check.

Standard OU Offensive Threats
Abomasnow:
Mixed Attacker - Heatran
Choice Scarf - Heatran / depends of the move he locks in

Alakazam:
Focus Sash - Hippowdon is never 2HKO, Heatran can take a hit
Offensive Calm Mind -Have to play around with Hippowdon most of the time, if he runs Psyshock, Hippowdon walls it. Stoutland revenge kill it.

Azelf:
Lead -well he can just set up his rocs, RK with Stoutland, Hippowdon walls him, Heatran checks it.
Dual Screens - Same as above
Nasty Plot - Heatran, Stoutland RK

Choice Band -
Azumarill: Amoonguss, depends the move he locks in

Breloom:
Physical Attacker - Amoonguss
Choice Band / Choice Scarf - Amoonguss
Bulk Up - Amoonguss
Sub Punch - Amoonguss

Celebi:
Tinkerbell - Amoonguss, Heatran
Nasty Plot Sweeper - Ammonguss, RK with Stoutland
Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - Same as above

Cloyster:
Shell Smash - Heatran if no water types, can fuck me otherwise

Conkeldurr:
Bulk Up - Well I hate him, Amoongus can tank a bit if no ice punch, Landorus hits him really hard with Earthpower
Flame Orb + 3 Attacks - Same as above

Darmanitan:
Choice Scarf / Band - Heatran if locked into Flare Blitz, Stoutland RK, Hippowdon
Life Orb - Hippowdon Stoutland RK

Deoxys-D:
Fast Spiker - Starmie rapid spins

Dragonite:
Dragon Dance - Hippowdon, Stoutland RK, Heatran if locked into Outrage
Choice Band - hits really hard, something is going to die then I RK it with Stoutland
Mixed -Heatran / Hippowdon
Parashuffler - Same as above
Rain Abuse - Same as above

Dugtrio:
Focus Sash - Hippowdon, Landorus
Choice Band - Same as above

Empoleon:
Agility - Amoonguss, RK with Stoutland
Choice Specs - Amoonguss

Espeon:
Baton Pass - Well I hate BP teams, if he was alone, I'd say it can not touch me but with the whole shit, I must put it in red
Dual Screens - Heatran is enough

Genesect:
Choice Scarf / Band - Heatran
Rock Polish - Same as above
Expert Belt -Same as above

Gengar:
Substitute + Disable / Pain Split - Heatran / Hippowdon

Gorebyss:
SmashPass - Ammonguss, I don't reallly like it because of the walls but Stoutland outspeeds at +2 and RK
Shell Smash Sweeper - Same as above

Gothitelle:
Choice Scarf / Specs - It's a trapper but it can only trap Amoonguss and Starmie so it isn't a big issue

Gyarados:
Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance I have to play around ,only can RK it with Stoutland
Choice Scarf - Easier but is dangerous anyway, Amoonguss and Stoutland RK

Haxorus:
Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Hits hard, Heatran if locked into Outrage, Stoutland RK, Hippowdon
Dragon Dance - Hippowdon
Swords Dance - Well something is going to die then I RK it with Stoutland or Landorus

Heatran:
Choice Scarf / Specs - Starmie, Hippowdon on the scarf
Air Balloon - Hippowdon, Starmie

Hydreigon:
Mixed Attacker - Hippowdon takes a Draco Meteor and Slack Off, Heatran can check him
Choice Specs / Scarf - Same as above but I have to play carefully against the specs
Substitute - Fuck this mon, I have to break the sub and then RK it with Stoutland

Expert Belt -
Infernape:
Choice Band / Choice Scarf - Hippowdon, Starmie if he doesn't U-Turn
Mixed Attacker - Hippowdon, Starmie
Nasty Plot / Swords Dance booster -Starmie

Jirachi:
Substitute + Calm Mind / Substitute + 3 Attacks - Hippowdon, Heatran
Wish + Calm Mind - Hippowdon
Expert Belt - Hippo, Heatran, Landorus OHKO
Choice Scarf -Hippo Heatran

Keldeo:
Choice Scarf / Specs - Amoonguss Starmie
Calm Mind - Same as above

Kingdra:
Choice Specs- Hits hard, Amoonguss, RK with Stoutland
Rain Dance - Have to play around with hippo then he doesn't have the RD, Amoonguss checks him correctly.
Dragon Dance - I can only RK him with Stoutland, Amoonguss can take a hit

Kyurem:
Choice - Heatran
Substitute + 3 Attacks - He won't stay a long time with Sub+SR, RK with Stoutland when the sub is down, Starmie walls him with Recover and psyshock
Substitute + Roost - RK with Stoutland, because they always have Earthpower now Heatran can't switch in.

Landorus:
Rock Polish : Amoonguss takes a hit, Hippowdon too.
Swords Dance - Hippowdon, Starmie
Special Attacker- Hippowdon, Stoutland RK
Choice Scarf -Hippowdon, Starmie
Substitute + 3 Attacks - Same as above

Landorus-T:
Stealth Rock - Hippowdon
Swords Dance / Rock Polish - Hippowdon
Substitute + 3 Attacks Hippowdon
Gravity -Hippowdon
Choice Scarf -Hippowdon

Latias:
Life Orb -Heatran Stoutland RK it
Choice Specs / Scarf - Heatran is my best answer
Calm Mind - A big threat to the team especially if it's the SubCM, where I can only RK it with Stoutland ...

Latios:
Life Orb / Expert Belt - Have to play around with Heatran
Choice Scarf / Specs - Heatran / Amoonguss if Surf
Calm Mind - RK with Stoutland

Lucario:
Swords Dance -
I can only RK it with Landorus who can trakes ES at +2, I must not let him setting up

Magnezone:
Substitute - Hippowdon, Heatran
Choice Scarf / Specs - same as above

Mamoswine:
Physical Attacker - I hate this mon, with its too STAB it can 2HKO / OHKO every member of my time, I have to RK him with Starmie and anticipate correctly
Focus Sash + Endeavor - Same as above

Meloetta:
Relic Song Mixed Attacker - never met him, I guess I can RK it with Stoutland and Hippowdon is a pretty good switch in
Calm Mind + 3 Attacks / Substitute - Same as above but Heatran over Hippo

Metagross:
Stealth Rock - Hippowdon
Choice Scarf / Band - Same as above
Agility - Same as above

Mew:
Stealth Rock : This mon is a pain due to his bulk, anyway it can't touch Heatran
Baton Pass : as I said, I hate BP
Nasty Plot Stoutland and Landorus RK

Mienshao:
All-Out Attacker -hopefully for me it's becoming rare, Amoonguss can take ever hits.
Choice Scarf / Band - Hippowdon, Amoonguss.

Ninetales:
Special Attacker - Hippowdon, Heatran, Starmie, Landorus not a big issue itself but with the whole team around it can be a pain.

Politoed:
Choice Specs / Scarf - Amoonguss Starmie
3 Attacks - Same as above

Reuniclus:
Offensive Trick Room- play around during the TR, Heatran takes some hits and he will be RK by Landorus / Stoutland
Calm Mind - I can't really touch it, I can only RK it with Stoutland, I must not let him setting up many CM.

Rotom-C:
Support - Amoonguss Heatran
Choice Scarf / Specs -same

Rotom-W:
Support - Amoonguss
Choice Scarf / Specs - Amoonguss

Salamence:
Dragon Dance - Hippowdon
Mixed - Hippowdon
Choice Scarf / Band - Hippowdon

Scizor:
Choice Band - Hippowdon / Heatran
Swords Dance - same as above
Bulky Swords Dance - same as above

Scrafty:
Dragon Dance - Amoonguss
Bulk Up - Landorus

Sharpedo:
Speed Boost - It can 2HKO every member of my team ...

Smeargle:
Hazard Lead -Starmie Heatran Stoutland
Baton Pass - red because of BP

Starmie:
Life Orb - I have to be aware if he has Psyshock, in that case I have to play around to RK it with Stoutland but otherwise Amoonguss is a nice check
Choice Specs -Same as above

Stoutland:
Choice Band -Hippowdon Heatran
Non Choice - Hippowdon Heatran

Terrakion:
Substitute + Swords Dance / Salac Berry - Hippowdon, Starmie, Stoutland RK it with Superpower
Choice Band / Choice Scarf- THe bander hits too hard but the scarf is inofensive lol
Double Dance -Hippowdon, he will never set up both of his set up moves

Thundurus-T:
Nasty Plot -Heatran
Agility - Heatran
Choice Scarf - Heatran / Amoonguss

Tornadus:
Tailwind : Heatran, RK if Tailwind is not on with Stoutland

Tornadus-T:
Standard - Heatran
Choice Specs - Heatran

Toxicroak:
Swords Dance - Hippowdon, Landorus
Bulk Up - Same as above
SubPunch - Hippowdon only

Tyranitar:
Choice Band - Hippowdon
Choice Scarf - Hippowdon
MixTar - Hippowdon

Venusaur:
Growth - If it has earthquake I'm pretty dead but either case, Amoonguss+Heatran

Victini:
Choice Band / Scarf - Heatran / Hippowdon / Starmie
Special Attacker - Same as above

Virizion:
Calm Mind -Amoonguss
Swords Dance -Amoonguss

Volcarona:
Offensive Quiver Dance - Heatran
Bulky Quiver Dance / Roost - Heatran
Chesto Rest - Heatran is safe too
Substitute -One more time, Heatran

Standard OU Defensive Threats
Amoonguss:
Standard - Well it can not stall me a lot but puts a mon asleep whihch is annoying, anyway heatran walls it.

Blissey:
Support - Every member of the team bar Amoonguss

Bronzong:
Tank -I don't like him but Hippowdon walls it, and Starmie is very good against him

Celebi:
Physically Defensive - Heatran Amoonguss
Specially Defensive - same as above

Chansey:
Support - Every member bar Amoonguss (and it can spore lol)

Cloyster:
Utility - Heatran walls it, by the way I don't like facing CLoyster

Cresselia:
Support -in the sand, it can not really wall a lot of the mon, Heatran is the safest switch in anyway
Calm Mind -same as above

Empoleon:
Specially Defensive -Amoonguss

Espeon:
Calm Mind -Hippowdon / Heatran / Stoutland RK

Ferrothorn:
Standard -Heatran / Landorus

Forretress:
Physically Defensive -Landorus + Heatran
Specially Defensive -Same as above

Gastrodon:
Tank -Amoonguss

Gliscor:
Substitute + Protect -Landorus Starmie
Britscor Stallbreaker -Landorus Starmie
Swords Dance Landorus starmie

Gyarados:
Bulky Support -Amoonguss + switch on bounce to Heatran who Toxik it
Resttalk -Stoutland OHKO with Wild Charge

Heatran:
Specially Defensive -Heatran, Landorus, Hippowdon

Hippowdon:
Physical Tank -Starmie, Amoonguss, Landorus
Specially Defensive - Same as above

Jellicent:
Utility Counter -Amoonguss / Heatran

Jirachi:
Specially Defensive -Heatran

Latias:
Support - I must not let her setup either way I can not RK it with Stoutland
Reflect / Refresh + Calm Mind Same as above

Mew:
Stallbreaker -Heatran, Starmie

Ninetales:
Specially Defensive -Hippowdon, Heatran, Starmie, Landorus

Politoed:
Defensive -Amoonguss, Starmie

Porygon2:
Defensive -Heatran, Hippowdon

Quagsire:
Physically Defensive -Amoonguss

-Rotom-H:
Support - Hippowdon, Heatran
Choice Scarf -Same as above

Rotom-W:
Support -Amoonguss

Sableye:
Prankster -Heatran

Skarmory:
Physically Defensive -Heatran, Starmie, Landorus
Specially Defensive -Same as above

Slowbro:
Tank - Amoonguss, Heatran toxiks, Landorus do hard dammages

Starmie:
Rapid Spin -Amoonguss, RK with Stoutland

Tangrowth:
Defensive - Heatran, Amoonguss, Landorus

Tentacruel:
Substitute + Toxic -I have to be careful about the toxic but Hippowdon does a nice job and Heatran does too
Protect -easier, hippowdon, Heatran

Tyranitar:
Specially Defensive -Hippowdon, Heatran, Landorus

Vaporeon:
Rest Hydration -Under the rain this thing is horrible, Amoonguss deals with it I guess
Wish Support -Amoonguss, Heatran toxic

Venusaur:
SubSeed -Amoonguss, every member under the sand bar starmie

Wobbuffet:
Max Speed -It's a trapper but Starmie does really well against him.
Bulky -Same

Xatu:
Standard -Heatran, Starmie

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey buddy,

I think I have told you this like 1000 times, but this is an incredibly solid team. The only thing I would suggest is running a standard RP Landorus over your current set. While U-Turn is pretty effective at hurting standard RP Landorus counters, I never found myself using it too much when playing with this team and often wished Landorus was the standard RP set. RP can really clean up a lot of teams, and it is easily one of the most dangerous sweepers in the metagame atm. If you were to use this suggestion I would make Landorus Modest and use an EV spread of 68 HP / 252 SAtk / 188 Spd. These EV's let you outspeed all relevant threats at +2, while giving you a little bit more bulk to work with. Anyways, extremely solid team and congrats on its success. Luvdisc'd

I really like this team. I hated Stoutland until I read his ability, then I realized how he really is an amazing pokemon. You have 3 weaknesses to water, and 3 to ice (1 4x), but your Amoonguss, and Stoutland can help out against rain teams. Once water/ice mons are out, it looks like you can get to tearing through things. Starmie kills Ninetails, stopping the sun, and Heatran stops Abomasnow. Keep Hippowdon up long enough for them, and you win the weather.

I like Amoonguss over Roserade, possibly because of personal opinion, possibly because of regenerator, probably because of spore. Either will fill the spot fine, but I like the Amoongus.

You have no weaknesses to stealth rocks, (5 normal, 1 resist), and one resist to each weakness you have (aside from ice, and water), make your team look intimidating. The only thing I don't see is a dedicated Physical Wall, but you can likely just use your resist to tank the attacks.

This is a damn nice looking team, and I hope it serves you well.

You forgot to mention that this team won the #pokemon tournament! Anyways I really enjoyed using it. There are just a few things I'd change but they're more of preference changes rather than necessities.

I think it'd be worth trying out Spikes Roserade over Amoonguss. You lose some bulk, but Spikes are really helpful, and Natural Cure is really cool for shrugging off status, mainly burns from Rotom-W / random Scalds. Spikes | Giga Drain | HP Fire | Rest should work well.

I would also go with Rock Polish > U-turn and a Modest nature on Landorus. U-turn is nice in theory but I never found myself using it, whereas I can recall a few situations where I had a free turn that wouldn've been an easy win if I had the option to double my Speed. Timid nature really isn't outrunning anything of note and the extra power from Modest is really appreciated.

Overall, this is a very solid team, well done man.

When I used this team, I felt like the only thing it missed was Roar on either Hippo or Tran. I think it should go over Ice Fang on Hippo as I've haven't been seeing too many Gliscors recently. Good team, luvdisc'd.

peng

hivemind leader
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey, this is a nice team. Obviously very solid but just wondering if you've ever tested / considered Ferrothorn over Amoonguss? Just quickly looking through your threatlist, you've really highlighted most dragons as being a threat and I think squeezing another steel somewhere would really help. Heatran isn't enjoying taking Outrages from Dragonite, Salamence and Haxorus and it can't really do too much in return anyway. Ferrothorn gives you a better switch-in to Outrages (although the risk of Superpowers / Fire Punches / Fire Blasts is off-putting), whilst still providing an incredibly bulky water resist to help against the likes of Specs Politoed especially, but also Gyarados, LO Starmie and Kingdra that you identified as threats.

As far as I can tell the only things this makes you weaker to are Keldeo, who is decently handled by Starmie already if you just go 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd, and Breloom who is checked by Starmie and Landorus.

Also I'm gonna disagree with Nachos because I feel you really want to keep Ice Fang on Hippowdon. Without it you become really weak to last mon RP Landorus in particular, even if you keep Amoonguss. If you are going to replace anything for Roar I think it should be Earth Power on Heatran because opposing Heatran shouldn't really be too much of an issue for you with Starmie and Landorus, and it gets worn down very quickly by Stoutland.

Cool team, luvidsced.

I fought this team today. I lost, but I noticed you have a small weakness to Expert Belt Cobalion. Rock Polish > U-turn on Landorus would help a little, even if you can't switch in.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Nice team. I tried and it worked fine, but i have some minor changes that can make your team better. The first thing i noticed is that you have Special defense Heatran, Special Defense Amongus and Special defense Hippowdown. Its quite obvious that something need to be a defensive wall, because as you said strong phisical attacker like Cb dragonite, Cb terrakion, Sd lucario, can give you a lot of problem. The best choice here would be using Defensive Hippowdown. In this way it can take less damage and retaliate with Eq or ice fang respectively. For example a sword dance lucario cant ko you after a sword dance: 350 Atk (+2) VS 368 Def and 420 HP (180 Base Power): 320 - 376 (76.19% - 89.52%)
And the same is for Adamant Life orbed +2 Terrakion 392 Atk (+2) VS 368 Def and 420 HP (180 Base Power): 358 - 421 (85.23% - 100.23%)
It would also help you a bit against Cb Tar, it can do a lot of damage to Starmie with crunch, and nearly ko the rest of your team with Stone edge.
Another thing that i would change here is Earth power on Heatran, take in mind that Specially defensive version almost never have Earth power, so others Heatran cant touch you, also offensive variants are relatively rare, i almost never saw a Choice specs Heatran. I think that Roar here fits better because i think that you need a phazer to beat something like Sub calm mind Latias, Dragons locked into Outrage or Volcarona. Speaking of starmie i think that your spread is inefficent, i would max his Hp first, and then i would drop the speed to 352, since you are not going to outspeed anything relevant with that spread, and you can still outspeed all the base 110. If you think that tornadus-n is a problem, then give it 354 speed. This is the spread you should use EVs: 248 HP / 44 SAtk / 216 Spd. For amongus i would use Hidden power ice over Clear smog, since it can do greater damage to Gliscor, Landorus, Thundurus, and dragons, while still hitting grass types like breloom super effectively. You already have spore and stun spore to avoid being setup fodder, so i think that its not that usefull here. I would also try Rock polish on landorus because i dont like the recoil of his weak u-turn, also rock polish can turn landorus to a sweeper that can actually sweep with his great special attack and speed, without rock polish a lot of stuff can revenge kill you. As for Stoutland i would recommend you to use Jolly nature. The reason is simple, with jolly you will outspeed Scarf Terrakion, Scarf Latios (that can be a problem if you fail to trap it) and scarf keldeo, that can revenge kill you easily otherwhise. I would not suggest you to drop his speed so that you can exactly outspeed scarf Latios and move the other evs on Hp, because with max speed you can actually try to do something against mamoswine even outside sand, at least its a speed tie. You also have more chance to revenge kill +2 Dragonite as well as Offensive Heatran even outside sand.

Hippowdown ---> EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / Atk
Heatran ---> Earth power < Roar
Amoonguss ---> Hidden power ice > Clear Smog
Starmie ---> 248 HP / 44 SAtk / 216 Spd
Landorus ---> Rock polish > U-turn
Stoutland ---> Jolly > Adamant

This is my rate, hope i helped somewhat :x

Ps. I think that Black sludge on Amonguss would help, In this way you can beat trick rotom easily, and rotom will not trick you the black sludge into any of your pokemon since you will switch into amonguss anyway.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yo H-C ;)

I love your team, it's solid but really classic also.
However I was wondering if there was not a way to fix some of these weaknesses.. :\
My ideas will probably be less good than all the ideas listed above but whatever !

- I would change Starmie for Rotom-W. A bulky scarf set with Trick. This should fix some issues (like Sharpedo, Reuniclus with Trick, can come in Mamoswine EQ etc) I'd go for a HPump/Volt-Switch/WoW/Trick even if it seems a weird set.

Then you got no spinner..
- I'd go for a bulky Hitmontop .. :D. Let's forget it ! You can go Forretress over Amoonguss (this would soften this weakness to Ice move by the way) that forms a well rounded combination along with Heatran. This should help you to deal with Dragonite, a HPIce/VoltSwitch/Spikes/RapidSpin set would even kill him and that's what I'd go for here.

Hope I helped you dude ! :D

*Oh and by the way, at the moment Weavile seems to do a BIG hole in your team, outspeeding and hitting for super effective damage everybody (bar Stoutland if sand is up).

Hey buddy,

I think I have told you this like 1000 times, but this is an incredibly solid team. The only thing I would suggest is running a standard RP Landorus over your current set. While U-Turn is pretty effective at hurting standard RP Landorus counters, I never found myself using it too much when playing with this team and often wished Landorus was the standard RP set. RP can really clean up a lot of teams, and it is easily one of the most dangerous sweepers in the metagame atm. If you were to use this suggestion I would make Landorus Modest and use an EV spread of 68 HP / 252 SAtk / 188 Spd. These EV's let you outspeed all relevant threats at +2, while giving you a little bit more bulk to work with. Anyways, extremely solid team and congrats on its success. Luvdisc'd
I'll definitely try RP Landorus with this spread. Thanks for the compliments and for the Luvdisc as weel.

I really like this team. I hated Stoutland until I read his ability, then I realized how he really is an amazing pokemon. You have 3 weaknesses to water, and 3 to ice (1 4x), but your Amoonguss, and Stoutland can help out against rain teams. Once water/ice mons are out, it looks like you can get to tearing through things. Starmie kills Ninetails, stopping the sun, and Heatran stops Abomasnow. Keep Hippowdon up long enough for them, and you win the weather.

I like Amoonguss over Roserade, possibly because of personal opinion, possibly because of regenerator, probably because of spore. Either will fill the spot fine, but I like the Amoongus.

You have no weaknesses to stealth rocks, (5 normal, 1 resist), and one resist to each weakness you have (aside from ice, and water), make your team look intimidating. The only thing I don't see is a dedicated Physical Wall, but you can likely just use your resist to tank the attacks.

This is a damn nice looking team, and I hope it serves you well.
Thanks ! :)

You forgot to mention that this team won the #pokemon tournament! Anyways I really enjoyed using it. There are just a few things I'd change but they're more of preference changes rather than necessities.

I think it'd be worth trying out Spikes Roserade over Amoonguss. You lose some bulk, but Spikes are really helpful, and Natural Cure is really cool for shrugging off status, mainly burns from Rotom-W / random Scalds. Spikes | Giga Drain | HP Fire | Rest should work well.

I would also go with Rock Polish > U-turn and a Modest nature on Landorus. U-turn is nice in theory but I never found myself using it, whereas I can recall a few situations where I had a free turn that wouldn've been an easy win if I had the option to double my Speed. Timid nature really isn't outrunning anything of note and the extra power from Modest is really appreciated.

Overall, this is a very solid team, well done man.
I'll add later that the team won, I thought I already told it ahah. I'll give a try to Roserade and to RP Landorus since many people are recommending me this mon. Thanks for the compliments though !

When I used this team, I felt like the only thing it missed was Roar on either Hippo or Tran. I think it should go over Ice Fang on Hippo as I've haven't been seeing too many Gliscors recently. Good team, luvdisc'd.
Ice Fang isn't only for GLiscor but for a few other mons too, I don't think I'm going to change it but I'll definitively try Roar on Heatran, thanks for the Luvdisc !

Nice team. I tried and it worked fine, but i have some minor changes that can make your team better. The first thing i noticed is that you have Special defense Heatran, Special Defense Amongus and Special defense Hippowdown. Its quite obvious that something need to be a defensive wall, because as you said strong phisical attacker like Cb dragonite, Cb terrakion, Sd lucario, can give you a lot of problem. The best choice here would be using Defensive Hippowdown. In this way it can take less damage and retaliate with Eq or ice fang respectively. For example a sword dance lucario cant ko you after a sword dance: 350 Atk (+2) VS 368 Def and 420 HP (180 Base Power): 320 - 376 (76.19% - 89.52%)
And the same is for Adamant Life orbed +2 Terrakion 392 Atk (+2) VS 368 Def and 420 HP (180 Base Power): 358 - 421 (85.23% - 100.23%)
It would also help you a bit against Cb Tar, it can do a lot of damage to Starmie with crunch, and nearly ko the rest of your team with Stone edge.
Another thing that i would change here is Earth power on Heatran, take in mind that Specially defensive version almost never have Earth power, so others Heatran cant touch you, also offensive variants are relatively rare, i almost never saw a Choice specs Heatran. I think that Roar here fits better because i think that you need a phazer to beat something like Sub calm mind Latias, Dragons locked into Outrage or Volcarona. Speaking of starmie i think that your spread is inefficent, i would max his Hp first, and then i would drop the speed to 352, since you are not going to outspeed anything relevant with that spread, and you can still outspeed all the base 110. If you think that tornadus-n is a problem, then give it 354 speed. This is the spread you should use EVs: 248 HP / 44 SAtk / 216 Spd. For amongus i would use Hidden power ice over Clear smog, since it can do greater damage to Gliscor, Landorus, Thundurus, and dragons, while still hitting grass types like breloom super effectively. You already have spore and stun spore to avoid being setup fodder, so i think that its not that usefull here. I would also try Rock polish on landorus because i dont like the recoil of his weak u-turn, also rock polish can turn landorus to a sweeper that can actually sweep with his great special attack and speed, without rock polish a lot of stuff can revenge kill you. As for Stoutland i would recommend you to use Jolly nature. The reason is simple, with jolly you will outspeed Scarf Terrakion, Scarf Latios (that can be a problem if you fail to trap it) and scarf keldeo, that can revenge kill you easily otherwhise. I would not suggest you to drop his speed so that you can exactly outspeed scarf Latios and move the other evs on Hp, because with max speed you can actually try to do something against mamoswine even outside sand, at least its a speed tie. You also have more chance to revenge kill +2 Dragonite as well as Offensive Heatran even outside sand.

Hippowdown ---> EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / Atk
Heatran ---> Earth power < Roar
Amoonguss ---> Hidden power ice > Clear Smog
Starmie ---> 248 HP / 44 SAtk / 216 Spd
Landorus ---> Rock polish > U-turn
Stoutland ---> Jolly > Adamant

This is my rate, hope i helped somewhat :x

Ps. I think that Black sludge on Amonguss would help, In this way you can beat trick rotom easily, and rotom will not trick you the black sludge into any of your pokemon since you will switch into amonguss anyway.
Well, thanks for your rate. I'll analyze every changed you proposed.
First I don't think that changing Hippowdon's thread will be that good, obviously it will take better hits on the physical side and then can handle Lucario.
Then I'll try Roar Heatran, it may be really good for the team and I'll test it but I think I'm going to adopt him.
I've already tried HP Ice Amoonguss but I didn't like him. I'll retest this mon but I don't think it's going to be that good for the team. And I'll change the item by Black Sludge, you are right on this plan, it's great against Rotom !
For Starmie, as I said I really don't like to play without full speed, I'll give a try to this spread anyway.
Lol, everyone is telling me "try RP Landorus", I will obviously give a try to it and it may be my last choice then ahah.
And I will not change Stoutland, I know Terrakion outspeeds him when scarf and Latios too but those one are not big threats at all, Latios can't touch Heatran and Terrakion can't touch Hippowdon. I'm not sure the changes of Nature will change something but losing some kills.

Yo H-C ;)

I love your team, it's solid but really classic also.
However I was wondering if there was not a way to fix some of these weaknesses.. :\
My ideas will probably be less good than all the ideas listed above but whatever !

- I would change Starmie for Rotom-W. A bulky scarf set with Trick. This should fix some issues (like Sharpedo, Reuniclus with Trick, can come in Mamoswine EQ etc) I'd go for a HPump/Volt-Switch/WoW/Trick even if it seems a weird set.

Then you got no spinner..
- I'd go for a bulky Hitmontop .. :D. Let's forget it ! You can go Forretress over Amoonguss (this would soften this weakness to Ice move by the way) that forms a well rounded combination along with Heatran. This should help you to deal with Dragonite, a HPIce/VoltSwitch/Spikes/RapidSpin set would even kill him and that's what I'd go for here.

Hope I helped you dude ! :D

*Oh and by the way, at the moment Weavile seems to do a BIG hole in your team, outspeeding and hitting for super effective damage everybody (bar Stoutland if sand is up).
Well weavile can trap some of my mons but Heatran takes a hit and RK with lava plume, Hippowdon is never 2HKO even a spikes is up and SR too. I can RK it with Stoutland too so it's not a big issue.
And I can't change Starmie, this mon complete the great fire water grass core which is really good and Rotom doesn't really help me against the threats you mentionned. And having only 1 water resist in a metagame where rain is everywhere is just inimaginable while Rotom-W is frail when scarfed or bulky variants.
Thanks for the rate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)