Monotype Who Let The Dog Out? (Fighting): 400th Post

Bka Onon

I see Fire.
is a Pre-Contributor
The Council. The Council Let The Dog Out.

:sv/iron-valiant::sv/great-tusk::sv/iron-hands::sv/sneasler::sv/zamazenta::sv/urshifu:

[Me :3]

Hello people of Monotype and Smogon, it is I, the Bka Onon. You may or may not know me who knows? Anyway I play Monotype, National Dex Monotype mainly but delve into National Dex OU and ADV OU a lot too. I am back with my 2nd RMT for 400 posts. I will show the Fighting team which I have already shamelessly promoted a lot til now but uh, yea whatever, hf reading and using.

[Teambuilding Process]

:iron-valiant::great-tusk::iron-hands::lucario::pawmot::breloom:
So I had this team pre-home which I built for BLT Week 1 and I just wanted to update this for post-home. So I started with this as a base.

:iron-valiant::great-tusk::iron-hands::sneasler::pawmot::breloom:
I realised that I would keep the 1st three mons same since those are pretty much necessary no matter what so I started by replacing Lucario for Sneasler as both of them are Fairy counters except Sneasler is faster, and has broken Dire Claw LOL this move is so dumb.

:iron-valiant::great-tusk::iron-hands::sneasler::zamazenta::breloom:
Next up was changing my banded mon, I had Pawmot originally for basically the Water and Flying matchups but Zama is literally just as if not better bar Revival Blessing, and it also helps in the Fairy matchup.

:iron-valiant::great-tusk::iron-hands::sneasler::zamazenta::lilligant-hisui:
So I originally replaced Breloom for Lilli-H since they both shared typing but I thought Lilli would be better cuz of speed tier and broken Victory Dance, except....

:iron-valiant::great-tusk::iron-hands::sneasler::zamazenta::urshifu:
Yea so somehow I didn't realise Shifu wasn't banned LOOOL so that had to go there without a thought and with that team composition was finished, and I could work on the sets.

[In Depth Analyses]

:sv/Iron-Valiant:
Voir de Gal (Iron Valiant) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Future Sight
- Destiny Bond
- Thunderbolt

I am a Scarf Valiant addict because this set is way too good not to use. But my variation has a bit of a twist in the form of Destiny Bond and Future Sight. Destiny Bond Valiant is literally God, it can get you out of so many bad situations. While Future Sight makes the Poison mu so much easier by forcing in so many switchins. Moonblast is just really good STAB vs opposing Fightings and Dragons while Tbolt threatens the Flyings like Enamorus.

:sv/Great-Tusk:
Landorus-T (Great Tusk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Bulk Up
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner

Normally you'd see defensive Tusk on Fighting but I'm using Offensive here, with BU, Spin, HLR and Ice Spinner this thing turns a lot of matchups on its head, like Flying becomes very easy if you remove the Corviknight which isn't very hard and it basically guarantees win vs Bug and Fire bar Rotom-H. It's also really unexpected and can easily give you a huge advantage in the Ground mu bar Quagsire.

:sv/iron-hands:
HEY HEY HEY!!! (Iron Hands) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Volt Switch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

This is just standard Hands Volt Switch variation because I really like having just sponging hits and pivoting in the rest of the team with this. Slam and Ice Punch are necessary and I'm dropping physical Elec STAB here because I don't think it's honestly very necessary because Drain Punch gives it a lot of longevity. The EV spread might look weird because usually its max HP max SpD but this one works just as well and even better in some situations but 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD is just as fine.

:sv/sneasler:
fret not brethren (Sneasler) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dire Claw
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Toxic Spikes

Sneasler. Is. Broke. Dire Claw is dumb, end of story. This mon is just cheap and can steal a lot of mus just by doing nothing. Either way this is my 2nd scarfer which mainly is unexpected if IV Scarf is already revealed and also helps immensly vs Fairy, Grass and Poison by absorbing Tspikes. On the topic, usually you would see Rock Slide or Night Slash in the last slot but TSpikes is a really good choice tbh and eases a lot of mus like Dragon and Ground.

:sv/zamazenta:
Bad Dog (Zamazenta) @ Choice Band
Ability: Dauntless Shield
EVs: 48 HP / 208 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge
- Ice Fang / Crunch
- Heavy Slam

HE GOT THAT DAWG IN HIM BOYS. Except Zacian is his much better Asian cousin so Zama couldn't even compete in Ubers and has been freed. Banded Zama is one of the strongest wallbreakers you would find. Banded CC easily 2hkos most walls like Quag, physdef Corv and more. Wild Charge is for Flying-types and Water-types like Pex and Torn-T. Ice Fang is great coverage for things like Lando-T which btw Banded Ice Fang OHKOs offensive Lando-T at -1 and also Dragons like Pul. But Crunch is also an option to ease the Ghost mu against Skel and Dengo. HSlam makes the Fairy mu easy since Zama naturally outspeeds all of Fairy. 48 HP lets it live Scarf Mane and Enam Moonblast while it outspeeds Specs variants naturally.

:sv/urshifu:
Bearscarada (Urshifu) @ Punching Glove
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wicked Blow
- Drain Punch / Close Combat
- Sucker Punch

Lastly the big bear. Wicked Blow was nerfed but who cares LOL, still very broken, esp now that it has Punching Glove to ignore Helmets while boosting power so..Prot Pads + Black Glasses. Oh it got SD too, so a direct upgrade to Bulk Up. This mon literally makes Steel, Ghost, Dark and Psychic mus free and its not even funny LOL. Jolly lets you outspeed targets like Mimikyu and Tinkaton but Adamant can 2HKO Quag so it's really a choice.

[Threat List]

:Espathra:
I may be the ambassador for this mon but this mon beats this team very hard unless you somehow find a way to position Shifu, which uh, good luck.

:armarouge:
Endure Eforce or Double Dance, this thing can be really hard to beat especially with terrain up and if u let it get too much speed, it will beat you. Thankfully both the scarfers on the team outspeed even at +2 but neither kill so be very careful.

:Enamorus-Therian:
The Demon Enam-T set is unironically unbreakable unless you get Sneaseler Hax and then pressure with the side Enam hasn't boosted on.

:Meowscarada:
Not a hard check or anything but Scarf Play Rough has no switchins especially after you have expired Dauntless shield on Zama. And with Hazards on, meow can really be threatening.

:Klefki:
This is uncommon but Godki is the same as Demon Enam and this time you can't even Dire Claw hax it so...gl. Try and bait with Destiny Bond (why the move is goated frfr)

:spectrier:
Honse can hit Dark types....if it sets up sub its joever. But try to pressure with your scarfers and it wont be *too* hard but don't let it recover too much from dkiss.

[Replays]

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1874715434
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1874767135
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1874822135

[Shoutouts/Thanks]

Neko Ashbala ty again for getting me into mono <3 (Neko btw if you're seeing this pls tag others... tyvm #meow)
CrossHeart Foots Redgoop115 Ida Petele thankie frens ;-; for playing, talking and just being here :D
Sunnyboi0 again thanks for genuinely being one of my best friends and players on this site I've met, you've helped me way too much and I've had nothing but fun playing with you
style.css Thanks Mr Ro Botto for being a great friend, having good music taste (goes for Starfox. too) and thanks for playing and building with me
ken, Azick, Starfox., TTK, maroon, kenn, Mateeus, Plunder, diegoblu, jeza.p, Tico, Enha Sunoo, rumia, MurderousMantyke, mushamu, LuckyPiper, crashy, ArkenCiel, Roxanner, Trouser Snakes, AA, Hurtadoo, Quinn, Silveruby, KrisKiwii thanks all of you for being very nice and talking to me :)
Oh ikiarihS asked to be in my next rmt during blt so uh, hi, :> (even if this isn't that team lol)

[Footnote]

So ye, just wanted to post this team before Zama, Snease, and/or Shifu are banned so that you all can enjoy, ok that's it, go touch grass and enjoy life y'all

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, Good Night

Byeee!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)