Wi-Fi Event Discussion -(NA/EU)Deoxys out now; (JP)Genesect reveal

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Pre-Contributor
Oh my god shift gear. Going to pull all of the scarf bluffs in ubers from now on. Seriously a set of Extremespeed/U-turn/Shift Gear/whatever will be sooooooo good

I'm glad to see that Game Freak decided to give a buff to such an incredibly underpowered Pokémon. Should help it compete a little better!

I'm just waiting for a bunch of kids, so excited after getting their shiny new Genesect, to go out and use Shift Gear only to find that they're locked into it because ololol Genesect came with a Choice Scarf.

Also, maybe I'm just jaded, but I don't see what the point is in giving Genesect a move that doubles Genesect's speed, and then giving it a +2 priority move. You'd think GameFreak was worried Genesect was too slow or something...

I decided that rather than new threads for every giveaway, we can just have one so I'm commandeering this.
More corocoro leaked out and it detailed the Genesect event we knew was going to happen but with more than what we thought it'd get!

Level 100
@Choice Scarf
-Extreme Speed
-Blaze Kick
-Gear Shift
-Unrevealed 4th move (I'd guess Techno Blast)
the fuck

genesect has a pretty bad physical movepool anyway (i don't see anything outside of like bug bite, iron head and now blaze kick, while usable it's still nothing to the standard of boltbeam special coverage), so genesect most likely isn't going to be bothered by this :V unless the unrevealed 4th move is something ridiculous like hydro pump LOL

Genesect's physical movepool isn't actually terrible. It has X-Scissor/U-Turn/Iron Head for STAB, plus Shadow Claw, which is a little weaker but still usable at 70BP, and now it'll have Blaze Kick and Extremespeed.

Granted it certainly doesn't compare with its special movepool, but it does have a few options.

Fortunately with Gen V, Shiny doesn't mean fixed natures (like the Crown Beasts). They could still do that, but I'm skeptical.

That means that standard Genesects can be Shiny or non-Shiny, but the Extremespeed/Shift Gears ones must be Shiny.

Genesect's physical movepool isn't actually terrible. It has X-Scissor/U-Turn/Iron Head for STAB, plus Shadow Claw, which is a little weaker but still usable at 70BP, and now it'll have Blaze Kick and Extremespeed.

Granted it certainly doesn't compare with its special movepool, but it does have a few options.
That's not good at all lol. Steel is terrible for attacking, a low bp ghost move, extremespeed (somewhat unnecessary with +2 speed), blaze kick non perfect accuracy and mediocre bp, and 2 decent bug moves.

Not too good IMO, and not worth the switch from special to physical.

Hopefully that 4th move is something good for physical

Are people kidding me here? Genesect has U-Turn and Iron Head, and can use Explosion aswell. With a Scarf, this thing is huge as a physical scout even with the immense bulk of common Ubers. No, it cannot compete with sweepers like Zekrom or Rayquaza, but Genesect should not be used as such.

I'm seeing it now...

Genesect @ Life Orb

Adamant/Jolly

X-Scissor
Blaze Kick
Extremespeed
Shift Gear

Genesect is great at bluffing Scarf, and can easily force a switch, when it can easily set up using Shift Gear. If it already got the download boost, it will be at +2 Attack and +2 speed after one turn of setup, and it can proceed to sweep... I see it as more of a late game cleaner though, as a lot of the Pokemon in Ubers can easily survive +2 Genesect's wrath... Giratina also walls this set cold, and so Ice Beam and a nature like Naughty or Naive might be a better choice.

A problem with bluffing a scarf with Shift Gear Genesect is that Genesect will need to be shiny in order to use Shift Gear, I think.

It's going to be the same scenario as Raikou: always make it shiny on the simulator. Now they must ALWAYS anticipate the Event moves, whether you have some or not.

I understand ExtremeSpeed and Shift Gear, but can anybody explain Blaze Kick? Talking about flavor here.

It's going to be the same scenario as Raikou: always make it shiny on the simulator. Now they must ALWAYS anticipate the Event moves, whether you have some or not.

I understand ExtremeSpeed and Shift Gear, but can anybody explain Blaze Kick? Talking about flavor here.
I think the idea is it is BLAZING fast or can go so fast the friction creates fire

Fortunately with Gen V, Shiny doesn't mean fixed natures (like the Crown Beasts). They could still do that, but I'm skeptical.

That means that standard Genesects can be Shiny or non-Shiny, but the Extremespeed/Shift Gears ones must be Shiny.
That's why I'd always use a shiny Genesect, regardless of its moveset. Assuming it isn't locked into one nature.

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Pre-Contributor
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but they just announced a limited release of a level 100 serperior among others at the pokemon centers in japan. Could this mean DW Serp is finally coming?

It would be super awesome if that was true, but it's hard to tell since they have released stuff like an event Flash Fire Chandelure before.
*crosses fingers*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)