Wigglytuff (Update)

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Bleh, this took forever to get up, partly due to my own laziness, and the sheer amount of gimmicky sets that Wigglytuff could run. I modeled this for the most part on Clefable's analysis, and honestly, I was surprised at how many support options Wigglytuff misses out on. Anyway, here's Wigglytuff:

Wigglytuff

Changes:

-Removed Choice Specs. Wigglytuff has a huge movepool, but... it's just too slow, and it's not nearly powerful enough to abuse Choice Specs well.
-Removed Choice Band. See Choice Specs.
-Removed Gyro Ball. Steel is a horrible attacking type, and using it as your main attack is sad, especially when it's not STABed.
-Update Support set. Wish needs Protect alongside it, Seismic Toss probably should be by itself since you don't want to be rendered useless by Taunt.
-Removed Status. Sing isn't really something you want to rely on, and I personally found Counter somewhat unreliable without something that would guarantee that the opponent would use a physical move. Also,
-Add Dual Screens. This set was actually pretty decent. Perish Song and Wish sets Wigglytuff apart from other Dual Screeners.

Note: I'm going to need help with the EVs on these sets, since I'm honestly not sure whether or not Wigglytuff should be more specially or physically defensive, what's the best EV spread for a Pokemon with high HP and low defenses like Wigglytuff.

[Overview]

<p>If there's a single word that describes Wigglytuff, it's "outclassed". While her movepool is titanic and chock full of marvelous moves, her relatively poor stats and Normal typing hinder her. Her huge HP stat is dwarfed by her horrendous base defenses, and her mediocre offensive stats hinder her from doing much damage outside of Seismic Toss. Being a Normal-type, Wigglytuff also has to compete with numerous other Pokemon that boast massive movepools, and most of the time, they'll have better stats all around, as well as a couple of other nifty moves that Wigglytuff misses out on. However, one shouldn't discount Wigglytuff immediately; with her particularly large support movepool, she can be quite an effective supporter, despite how outclassed she is in that role. In the end, know that Wigglytuff is not a truly bad Pokemon; she's just so horribly outclassed that it's hard to justify using her over any of the other viable Normal-types in UU, and even NU.</p>

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Wish
move 2: Protect
move 3: Seismic Toss
move 4: Heal Bell / Toxic / Thunder Wave
item: Leftovers
nature: Calm
evs: 44 HP / 212 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>When it comes to defensive Normal-types, Wigglytuff definitely isn't a popular choice in UU, as she is horribly outclassed by Clefable, Chansey, and Lickilicky. However, with useful support moves in Wish, Heal Bell, and Thunder Wave, as well as passable defenses, Wigglytuff can still be fairly effective in that role.</p>

<p>Wish is a fantastic move to heal weakened teammates with, and provides valuable team support. Protect can scout for troublesome moves, and alongside Wish, forms a means of reliable recovery that allows Wigglytuff to stick around for quite some time. Seismic Toss is Wigglytuff's best form of offense against most foes, and, while it doesn't do amazing damage, it is the best option Wigglytuff has in that regard (while Wigglytuff's STAB move, Hyper Voice, might seem better, it really only does more damage against frail Pokemon like Sceptile). The last slot depends on what kind of support you need for your team. Heal Bell is a useful option if your team is vulnerable to status, while Toxic and Thunder Wave cripple walls and sweepers, respectively. However, if you lack a Pokemon with Stealth Rock, Wigglytuff can use it in the last slot instead.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Because Wigglytuff has such a massive HP stat, investing in her defensive stats first will increase her defensive ability much more than a normal spread. Wigglytuff's EVs, in general, are also slightly biased to her Special Defense stat, to allow her to better take on Pokemon from the special side, who she has an easier time dealing with than physical threats. 44 HP EVs hit a Leftovers number, which further helps Wigglytuff's cause, while the rest are poured into her physical Defense to cushion against lighter physical blows.</p>

<p>Bulky Pokemon, such as Blastoise, Hitmontop, and Spiritomb, who lack reliable recovery, work well alongside this Wigglytuff set, as the Wish support she provides can allow these Pokemon to continue doing their duties for a prolonged time. Additionally, Wish can allow certain sweepers such as Mismagius and Hitmonlee to come back in and wreak even more havoc. Depending on the support move in the last slot, the Pokemon that Wigglytuff can assist will vary. For example, if Heal Bell is used, Pokemon who detest certain status effects, such as Milotic, Moltres, and Hitmonlee are great partners. If Thunder Wave is used, Pokemon who can take advantage of the opponent's slower team such as Rhyperior, Aggron, and Hariyama work well. Finally, if Toxic is used, Pokemon who appreciate crippled walls work well alongside Wigglytuff.</p>

[SET]
name: Dual Screen
move 1: Reflect
move 2: Light Screen
move 3: Stealth Rock
move 4: Heal Bell / Wish / Seismic Toss
item: Light Clay
evs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While Wigglytuff would seem to be another generic Dual Screen user, her large support movepool enables her to stand out amongst the sea of possible options. Boasting access to extremely helpful moves in Wish, Heal Bell, and Stealth Rock, and plenty of bulk to use both screens and her support options, Wigglytuff can prove to be an effective user indeed.</p>

<p>Reflect and Light Screen form the crux of this set, and help bolster Wigglytuff's mediocre defenses. Stealth Rock support is very important, as some sweepers, such as Belly Drum Linoone, just barely miss out on some necessary KOs against some Pokemon at full health; thus, Stealth Rock is essential to allow these Pokemon to nab these KOs. The last slot depends on what you feel your sweeper will appreciate the most. Heal Bell's ability to cure status can help your sweeper later in the match if your sweeper had been burned or paralyzed earlier. However, Wish can essentially give sweepers a second chance to sweep under screens, and can also help get a frailer Pokemon into the match. Wish also gives Wigglytuff some more longevity to use Light Screen and Reflect with. If you feel that your desired sweeper doesn't need either support option, Seismic Toss is an option to do decent damage and prevent Wigglytuff from being rendered completely useless by Taunt.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread is designed to help Wigglytuff take both physical and special hits well, and because of Wigglytuff's significantly higher HP stat, it's better to invest in her defenses first. A Calm nature is used to increase Wigglytuff's Special Defense, making it easier for her to use both screens against specially offensive Pokemon who she generally has an easier time dealing with.</p>

<p>Pokemon who can quickly set up and sweep are great partners to this set, as, due to the screens that Wigglytuff will set up, it won't be hard to get a boost or two at all. Rock Polish Aggron, Rhyperior, and Nasty Plot Mismagius are all extremely powerful after they have set up, and are more than capable of ripping teams apart. Belly Drum users are useful to consider as well; the dual screens that Wigglytuff provides should hopefully be enough to allow them to Belly Drum up safely. However, be aware that using a Pokemon with Belly Drum is a huge risk; if the opponent has a Pokemon that can do more than 50% under screens (depending on the Pokemon, the difficulty of obtaining this can vary), then the Belly Drum user will not be able to set up, and if that's your game plan, it will significantly jeopardize your chances of winning. Thus, you may want to consider carrying more than one set-up sweeper; if one of them falls somehow, then you still have a chance to sweep with the other. Additionally, you can use one of your sweepers to lure out a troublesome Pokemon that the other has difficulty with and weaken it, allowing your other sweeper to plow past it and successfully sweep.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>With a titanic movepool, Wigglytuff has plenty of other options that she can use with some success. As far as alternative support moves go, Wigglytuff has access to Sing, Knock Off, Sweet Kiss, and even Charm. With her nice bulk, she can use the effects of all of these moves to an extent. However, for most of these moves, they're either too unreliable, or have effects that aren't as good as the other support options that Wigglytuff has access to. Wigglytuff also makes a respectable user of Gravity, with plenty of moves that benefit from it such as Sing, Fire Blast, Thunder, and Blizzard. However, with mediocre offenses, she fails to be outstanding at abusing it offensively, while her defenses also aren't quite good enough to continually switch into attacks to set it up. Perish Song would be a fantastic move to use on Wigglytuff; however, the fact that it's incompatible with Wish makes it a less-than-stellar option. Fake Tears and Tickle are options to potentially cause switches and soften up opposing Pokemon, but are poor options in general. With Wigglytuff's huge HP stat and low defensive stats, she makes a respectable user of Counter, though unfortunately, her lack of a one-turn recovery move, and low Speed make it difficult for her to pull it off continually and makes it really only worth it for the surprise value.</p>

<p>Physically, Wigglytuff has plenty of options to abuse. Return, Focus Punch, Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, and Fire Punch are just a small portion of the physical attacks that Wigglytuff has access to. Because of this, Wigglytuff can make a decent abuser of a Choice Band or physical Life Orb set, though her mediocre Attack stat prevents this from being a great option. Specially, Wigglytuff has even more options, boasting strong attacks such as Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, ThunderBolt, Fire Blast, and Grass Knot to give a basic idea of how diverse her movepool is on the special side. Like on the physical side, Wigglytuff can use a Choice Specs or a Life Orb set with decent success. Unlike the physical side however, Wigglytuff has access to a boosting move in Charge Beam, which, while not particularly amazing, can help bolster her barely acceptable Special Attack. You could also try to mix some of her physical and special options to turn Wigglytuff into a mixed attacker; however, despite the astounding coverage that Wigglytuff would have with this kind of set, it's still easy to wall due to Wigglytuff's poor offenses.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Wigglytuff's defenses, while decent, are not really top-notch, and strong attackers such as Aggron, Hitmonlee, and Rhyperior should be able to break through them with ease. In particular, Fighting-types work well, as they immediately threaten Wigglytuff with their strong, super effective STAB attacks. However, if Wigglytuff is carrying a status move such as Toxic or Thunder Wave, you will want to use Pokemon that won't have issues with these lest you have a crippled Pokemon on your hands. If Wigglytuff is using Toxic, Venusaur makes a great counter. Swords Dance variants can set up on her easily, while support sets can abuse her huge HP stat with Leech Seed. If Thunder Wave is used, Rhyperior works well, having the ability to set up on her with either Swords Dance or Rock Polish, and threatening her from the get-go with his monstrous Attack stat. Substitute users such as Mismagius and Rotom can block her attempts to status them and can proceed to set up. Taunt will also stop Wigglytuff in her tracks, as most of the time, her best form of offense will be Seismic Toss.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hyper Voice is really Wigglytuff's only advantage over Clefable, so I feel like it should be specifically mentioned somewhere, even if it's just OC. Not much else to add I think, as you said she's not a bad Pokemon, just horribly outclassed.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It's special STAB, which is rare for Normal-types and is pretty much the only thing Clefable is missing. Even if it's not that useful for Wigglytuff's main sets, it seems worth pointing out, perhaps to demonstrate just how thoroughly outclassed Wigglytuff really is.

Charge Beam should be mentioned. It can hurt things with HV after a few boosts.

The problem with Aggron and Rhyp as teammates is that they share a weakness to a very common typing pokemon, Heracross. Prolly should mention pokemon that resist fighting. Like, um, Mismagius?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Stealth Rock and Toxic should be about the only ones talked about for the last slot in AC for the Support set.

Sing, Knock Off, Endeavor, and Pain Split should be in OC.

Sweet Kiss shouldn't be mentioned anywhere imo.

Dual Screens for the set name should just be Dual Screen (for consistencies sake). In the analysis it can be referred to as dual screens, but for the name the s is removed.

Other than that looks solid.

EDIT: Is Wish + Heal Bell legal?
EDIT2: K just checking. Thanks honko

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've always had a soft spot for Wigglytuff.

I think there should be a counter set. Neither Clefable or Lickilicky can use Counter, and I found the set to be somewhat decent when I last used it. Wigglytuff can be EV'd to take a a variety heavy physical attacks.

Relevant calculations:

Megahorn from CBHeracross vs 252HP/252Def Wigglytuff: 67.1% - 79.3%
Flareblitz from morning glory Arcanine vs Wigglytuff: 54.1% - 63.8%
Earthquake from standard Rhyperior vs Wigglytuff: 44.6% - 52.7%
Head Smash from CBAggron vs Wigglytuff: 76.9% - 90.5%
Aerial Ace from CBScyther vs Wigglytuff: 46.1% - 54.5%

name: Counter
move 1: Counter
move 2: Seismic Toss
move 3: Wish
move 4: Light Screen / Thunder Wave
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Play her like a regular support / defensive Pokemon. Seismic Toss spreads some healthy damage around and makes it seem like your just a regular defensive Pokemon. When your opponent switches there heavy hitter, it is imperative that you know they will attack you (instead of setting up)
and hit them back with Counter. Wish heals up your teammates and Light Screen patches up your/team Special Defense. Light Screen is also useful against Specially offensive Pokemon, simply Light Screen up and switch out.

Now obviously this set fails once your opponent knows you have counter, but it has the surprise factor and is a useful trump card.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok, let's go. I'm not too sure of the EVs on the Support set as well to be honest, as no matter what Wigglytuff does, she will be outclassed by either Clefable or Lickilicky (or Chansey, but she has slightly less Def and way more SpD and Natural Cure). With that said, I think just going with max SpD is better, as you can at least cover lesser threats such as Uxie, some Houndoom, and etc... (it really doesn't matter, this is just plain outclassed, but there are way too many Fighting-types and Pokemon that can easily boost on Wigglytuff for a physically defensive set to work...). With that said, this is what I have in mind:

I just changed the order on the last slot, making Heal Bell the main option. Stealth Rock can be used on the last slot as well, but Heal Bell is a "more exclusive" move and should be the preferable option, while status can deter Ghosts and 101 Subs from switching. Hyper Voice can be used over Seismic Toss given Wiggly's decent SpA (something like Lickilicky's Return).

To be honest, I myself am not too sure about this, but I tried to make her a little Uxie with Dual Screens + SR, as her defenses aren't that awful with that good HP. On the last moveslot i prioritized support moves, because using Seismic Toss under screens is somewhat of a colossal waste of time, but it's there in case you want to defeat a weakened Taunt user or something. I removed Perish Song because Wiggly would need to waste a turn under screens, survive 3 attacks in a row and the opponent wouldn't be immediately forced out. Added to that, screens already allows you to setup on most opponents, and sacrificing your Pokemon to Perish Song isn't what you can call a dumb move if it stops something from sweeping you.
Finally, regarding Counter, I think Chansey had a set like that but it was taken down due to having discussable viability; and Wiggly just does that worse without Softboiled and high Special Defense, so I'm leaning towards making it AC.

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
@Honko: Yeah, Hyper Voice does give something slightly unique that Wigglytuff has to offer. However, like hart4floon said, it doesn't really hit many things harder than Seismic Toss (basically limited to really frail Pokemon like Houndoom, and even then, it's not that much more than Seismic Toss). Hyper Voice also has a point in AC, which I think is enough.

@Darkamber: Changes made.

@Oglemi: Thanks for the suggestions, changes have been made.

@PK Gaming: While I do think that Wigglytuff could use Counter viably, I'm not really sure if it warrants a set by itself. Wigglytuff has issues switching in safely while having enough HP to counter, which really hurts. Without the investment in SpD, Wigglytuff is pretty frail specially (it takes 36.8% - 43.4% from 0 SpA Milotic's Surf), which limits it's ability to switch in. It also lacks instant recovery, which hinders it's ability to Counter as well. Right now, like Bluewind said, I think an AC or OC mention should suffice.

@Bluewind: Thanks! I've implemented your suggested changes.

Thanks for the comments guys!

I used Wiggs quite a bit in times past and I feel, other than a counter set, this was her best set.

name: Gravity
move 1: Dynamic Punch
move 2: Sing
move 3: Gravity
move 4: Thunder Wave
evs: 44 HP / 212 Def / 252 SpD / offensive spread

Best case scenario: Thunder Wave -> Gravity -> Dynamic Punch (ParaFusion forces switch)-> Sing -> T-Wave/ double switch; otherwise 2 paralyzed Pokemon and 1 slept Pokemon.

Clefable can do this as well but she honestly has better things to do.

A spread of 12 HP / 244 Def / 252 SpD with a Bold nature gives Wigglytuff more balanced bulk than your current EV spread.

SilentVerse

Into the New World
Bump. This still needs 1 more QC Check!

Also, to respond to the previous posts (sorry, forgot to reply earlier):

@Stagnant: I guess I could include a Gravity set, but I feel that a set like that would be kinda gimmicky. I'll definitely include Gravity in OC, but if you could provide logs with that set, that'd be great, and I would be more willing to put a set like that in.

@Orly: Forgot to edit that part, but I guess it's more like "somewhat balanced defenses, but focused more on Special Defense", which is why the current spread is there.

Aeron Ee1

Nom nom nom
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Changes in bold
Removals in red
Comments in bold red

[Overview]

<p>If there's a single word that describes Wigglytuff, it's "outclassed". While her movepool is titanic and chock full of marvelous moves, her relatively poor stats and Normal typing hinder her. Her huge HP stat is dwarfed by her horrendous base defenses, and her mediocre offensive stats hinder her from doing much damage outside of Seismic Toss. Being a Normal-type, Wigglytuff also has to compete with numerous other Pokemon that boast massive movepools, and most of the time, they'll have better stats all around, as well as a couple of other nifty moves that Wigglytuff misses out on. However, one shouldn't discount Wigglytuff immediately; with her particularly large support movepool, she can be quite an effective supporter, as outclassed as she is in that role. In the end, know that Wigglytuff is not a truly bad Pokemon; she's just so horribly outclassed that it's hard to justify using her over any of the other viable Normal-types in UU, and even NU.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>When it comes to defensive Normal-types, Wigglytuff definitely isn't a popular choice in UU, as she is horribly outclassed by Clefable, Chansey, and Lickilicky. However, with useful support moves in Wish, Heal Bell, and Thunder Wave, as well as decent defenses, Wigglytuff can still be a fairly effective in that role in UU.</p>

<p>Wish is a fantastic move to heal weakened teammates with, and provides valuable team support. Protect can scout for troublesome moves, and alongside Wish, forms a means of reliable recovery that allows Wigglytuff to stick around for quite some time. Seismic Toss is Wigglytuff's best form of offense against most foes, and, while it doesn't do amazing damage, it is the best Wigglytuff's got in that regard (while Wigglytuff's STAB move, Hyper Voice, might seem better, it really only does more damage against frail Pokemon). The last slot depends on what kind of support you need for your team. Heal Bell is a useful option if your team is vulnerable to status, while Toxic and Thunder Wave cripple walls and sweepers, (comma) respectively In addition to this,. If you lack a Pokemon with Stealth Rock, Wigglytuff can have it in the last slot instead, with some success.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Because Wigglytuff has such a massive HP stat, investing in her defensive stats first will increase her defensive ability much more than a normal spread. In particular, Wigglytuff's EVs, in general, are also slightly biased to her Special Defense stat, (comma) to allow her to better take on Pokemon from the special side, who she has an easier time dealing with than physical threats. 44 HP EVs hit a Leftovers number, which further helps Wigglytuff's cause, while the rest are poured into her physical Defense to give her a cushion against some lighter blows.</p>

<p>Bulky Pokemon, (comma) such as Blastoise, Hitmontop, and Spiritomb, who lack reliable recovery, work well alongside this Wigglytuff, as the Wish support she provides can allow these Pokemon to continue doing their duties for a prolonged time. Additionally, Wish can allow certain sweepers such as Mismagius and Hitmonlee to come back in and wreak even more havoc. Depending on the support move in the last slot, the Pokemon Wigglytuff can assist will vary. For example, if Heal Bell is used, Pokemon who detest certain statuses, such as Milotic, Moltres, and Hitmonlee are great partners. If Thunder Wave is used, Pokemon who can take advantage of the opponent's slower team such as Rhyperior, Aggron, and Hariyama work well. Finally, if Toxic is used, Pokemon who appreciate crippled walls work well alongside Wigglytuff.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While Wigglytuff would seem to be another generic Dual Screen user, her large support movepool enables her to stand out amongst the sea of possible options. Boasting access to extremely helpful moves in Wish, Heal Bell, and Stealth Rock, and plenty of bulk to use both screens and her support options, Wigglytuff can prove to be an effective user of Dual Screens indeed.</p>

<p>Reflect and Light Screen form the crux of this set, and help bolster Wigglytuff's mediocre defenses. Stealth Rock support is very important, as some sweepers, such as Belly Drum Linoone, just barely miss out on some necessary KOs against some Pokemon at full health; thus, Stealth Rock is essential to allow these Pokemon to nab these KOs against Pokemon who would otherwise stop their sweep. The last slot depends on what you feel your sweeper will appreciate the most. Heal Bell's ability to cure status can help your sweeper later in the match; if you have already used your sweeper earlier, and it has been paralyzed or burned, Heal Bell is necessary to allow that Pokemon to sweep. However, Wish can essentially give sweepers a second chance to sweep under screens, and can also help get a frailer Pokemon into the match. Wish also gives Wigglytuff some more longevity to use Light Screen and Reflect with. If you feel that your desired sweeper doesn't need either support option, Seismic Toss is an option to do decent damage and prevent Wigglytuff from being rendered useless by Taunt.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread is designed to help Wigglytuff take both physical and special hits well, and because of Wigglytuff's significantly higher HP stat, it's better to invest in her defenses first. A Calm nature is used to increase Wigglytuff's Special Defense, making it easier for her to use both screens against specially-offensive Pokemon who she generally has an easier time dealing with.</p>

<p>Pokemon who can quickly set up and sweep are great partners to this set, as due to the screens that Wigglytuff will set up, it won't be hard to get a boost or two and sweep at all. Rock Polish Aggron, Rhyperior, and Nasty Plot Mismagius are all extremely powerful after they have set up, and are more than capable of ripping teams apart. Belly Drum users are useful to consider as well; the Dual Screens that Wigglytuff provides should hopefully be enough to allow them to Belly Drum up safely and sweep. However, be aware that using a Pokemon with Belly Drum is taking a huge risk; if the opponent has a Pokemon that can do more than 50% under screens (depending on the Pokemon, the difficulty of obtaining this can vary. (remove full stop)), then the Belly Drum user will not be able to set up, and if that's your game plan, it will significantly jeopardize your chances of winning. Thus, you may want to consider carrying more than one set-up sweeper; if one of them falls somehow, then you still have a chance to sweep with the other. Additionally, you can use one of your sweepers to lure out a troublesome Pokemon that the other has difficulty with and weaken it, allowing your other sweeper to plow past it and successfully sweep.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>With a titanic movepool, Wigglytuff has plenty of other options that she can use with some success. As far as alternative support moves go, Wigglytuff has access to Sing, Knock Off, Sweet Kiss, and even Charm. With nice bulk, she can use the effects of all of these moves to decent effect. However, for most of these moves, they're either too unreliable, or have effects that aren't as good as the other support options that Wigglytuff has access to. Wigglytuff also makes a respectable user of Gravity, with plenty of moves that benefit from it such as Sing, Fire Blast, Thunder, and Blizzard. However, with mediocre offenses, she fails to be outstanding at abusing it offensively, while her defenses aren't quite good enough to continually switch into attacks to set it up. Perish Song would be a fantastic move to use on Wigglytuff; however, the fact that it is incompatible with Wish makes it a less-than-stellar option. Fake Tears and Tickle are options to potentially cause switches and soften up opposing Pokemon, but are poor options in general. With Wigglytuff's huge HP stat and low defensive stats, she makes a respectable user of Counter, though unfortunately, her lack of a one-turn recovery move, and low Speed make it difficult for her to pull it off continually and makes it really only worth it for the surprise value.</p>

<p>Physically, Wigglytuff has plenty of options to abuse. Return, Focus Punch, Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, and Fire Punch are just a small portion of the physical attacks that Wigglytuff has access to. Because of this, Wigglytuff can make a decent abuser of a Choice Band or physical Life Orb set, though her mediocre Attack stat prevents this from being a great option. Specially, Wigglytuff has even more options, boasting strong attacks such as Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, ThunderBolt, Fire Blast, and Grass Knot to give a basic idea of how diverse her movepool is on the special side. Like on the physical side, Wigglytuff can use Choice Specs or a Life Orb with decent success. Unlike the physical side however, Wigglytuff has access to a boosting move in Charge Beam, which, while not particularly amazing, can help bolster her barely acceptable Special Attack. You could also try to mix some of her physical and special options to turn Wigglytuff into a decent mixed attacker; however, despite the astounding coverage that Wigglytuff would have with this kind of set, it's still easy to wall due to Wigglytuff's poor offenses.(backspace)</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Wigglytuff's defenses, while decent, are not really top-notch, and strong attackers such as Aggron, Hitmonlee and Rhyperior should be able to break through them with ease. In particular, Fighting-types work particularly well, as they immediately threaten Wigglytuff with their a strong, super effective, STAB Fighting-type move. However, if Wigglytuff is carrying a status move such as Toxic or Thunder Wave, you will want to use Pokemon that won't have issues with these lest you have a crippled Pokemon on your hands. If Wigglytuff is using Toxic, Venusaur makes a great counter. Swords Dance variants can set up on her easily, while support sets can abuse her huge HP stat with Leech Seed. If Thunder Wave is used, Rhyperior works well, being able to set up on her with either Swords Dance or Rock Polish, and threatening her from the get-go with his monstrous Attack stat. Substitute users such as Mismagius and Rotom can block her attempts to status them and can proceed to set up. Taunt will also stop Wigglytuff in her tracks, as most of the time, her best form of offense will be Seismic Toss.

SilentVerse

Into the New World
Thanks Aeron, changes made, though I also ended up making a couple of minor edits because after re-reading it, some parts still didn't really sound complete.

Deletions
Changes / Additons
Comments

[Overview]

<p>If there's a single word that describes Wigglytuff, it's "outclassed". While her movepool is titanic and chock full of marvelous moves, her relatively poor stats and Normal typing hinder her. Her huge HP stat is dwarfed by her horrendous base defenses, and her mediocre offensive stats hinder her from doing much damage outside of Seismic Toss. Being a Normal-type, Wigglytuff also has to compete with numerous other Pokemon that boast massive movepools, and most of the time, they'll have better stats all around, as well as a couple of other nifty moves that Wigglytuff misses out on. However, one shouldn't discount Wigglytuff immediately; with her particularly large support movepool, she can be quite an effective supporter, as outclassed as she is in that role. In the end, know that Wigglytuff is not a truly bad Pokemon; she's just so horribly outclassed that it's hard to justify using her over any of the other viable Normal-types in UU, and even NU.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>When it comes to defensive Normal-types, Wigglytuff definitely isn't a popular choice in UU, as she is horribly outclassed by Clefable, Chansey, and Lickilicky. However, with useful support moves in Wish, Heal Bell, and Thunder Wave, as well as decent defenses, Wigglytuff can still be fairly effective in that role.</p>

<p>Wish is a fantastic move to heal weakened teammates with, and provides valuable team support. Protect can scout for troublesome moves, and alongside Wish, forms a means of reliable recovery that allows Wigglytuff to stick around for quite some time. Seismic Toss is Wigglytuff's best form of offense against most foes, and, while it doesn't do amazing damage, it is the best option Wigglytuff has in that regard (while Wigglytuff's STAB move, Hyper Voice, might seem better, it really only does more damage against frail Pokemon). The last slot depends on what kind of support you need for your team. Heal Bell is a useful option if your team is vulnerable to status, while Toxic and Thunder Wave cripple walls and sweepers, respectively. However, if you lack a Pokemon with Stealth Rock, Wigglytuff can have use it in the last slot instead.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Because Wigglytuff has such a massive HP stat, investing in her defensive stats first will increase her defensive ability much more than a normal spread. Wigglytuff's EVs, in general, are also slightly biased to her Special Defense stat, to allow her to better take on Pokemon from the special side, who she has an easier time dealing with than physical threats. 44 HP EVs hit a Leftovers number, which further helps Wigglytuff's cause, while the rest are poured into her physical Defense to cushion against lighter physical blows.</p>

<p>Bulky Pokemon, such (space) as Blastoise, Hitmontop, and Spiritomb, who (space between comma and "who") lack reliable recovery, work well alongside this Wigglytuff set, as the Wish support she provides can allow these Pokemon to continue doing their duties for a prolonged time. Additionally, Wish can allow certain sweepers such as Mismagius and Hitmonlee to come back in and wreak even more havoc. Depending on the support move in the last slot, the Pokemon that Wigglytuff can assist will vary. For example, if Heal Bell is used, Pokemon who detest certain statuses effects, such as Milotic, Moltres, and Hitmonlee are great partners. If Thunder Wave is used, Pokemon who can take advantage of the opponent's slower team such as Rhyperior, Aggron, and Hariyama work well. Finally, if Toxic is used, Pokemon who appreciate crippled walls work well alongside Wigglytuff.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While Wigglytuff would seem to be another generic Dual Screen user, her large support movepool enables her to stand out amongst the sea of possible options. Boasting access to extremely helpful moves in Wish, Heal Bell, and Stealth Rock, and plenty of bulk to use both screens and her support options, Wigglytuff can prove to be an effective user indeed.</p>

<p>Reflect and Light Screen form the crux of this set, and help bolster Wigglytuff's mediocre defenses. Stealth Rock support is very important, as some sweepers, such as Belly Drum Linoone, just barely miss out on some necessary KOs against some Pokemon at full health; thus, Stealth Rock is essential to allow these Pokemon to nab these KOs. The last slot depends on what you feel your sweeper will appreciate the most. Heal Bell's ability to cure status can help your sweeper later in the match if you have already used your sweeper earlier, and it has been paralyzed or burned your sweeper had been burned or paralyzed earlier. However, Wish can essentially give sweepers a second chance to sweep under screens, and can also help get a frailer Pokemon into the match. Wish also gives Wigglytuff some more longevity to use Light Screen and Reflect with. If you feel that your desired sweeper doesn't need either support option, Seismic Toss is an option to do decent damage and prevent Wigglytuff from being rendered useless by Taunt.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread is designed to help Wigglytuff take both physical and special hits well, and because of Wigglytuff's significantly higher HP stat, it's better to invest in her defenses first. A Calm nature is used to increase Wigglytuff's Special Defense, making it easier for her to use both screens against specially-offensive (remove hyphen) Pokemon who she generally has an easier time dealing with.</p>

<p>Pokemon who can quickly set up and sweep are great partners to this set, as, due to the screens that Wigglytuff will set up, it won't be hard to get a boost or two at all. Rock Polish Aggron, Rhyperior, and Nasty Plot Mismagius are all extremely powerful after they have set up, and are more than capable of ripping teams apart. Belly Drum users are useful to consider as well; the Dual Screens that Wigglytuff provides should hopefully be enough to allow them to Belly Drum up safely. However, be aware that using a Pokemon with Belly Drum is a huge risk; if the opponent has a Pokemon that can do more than 50% under screens (depending on the Pokemon, the difficulty of obtaining this can vary), then the Belly Drum user will not be able to set up, and if that's your game plan, it will significantly jeopardize your chances of winning. Thus, you may want to consider carrying more than one set-up sweeper; if one of them falls somehow, then you still have a chance to sweep with the other. Additionally, you can use one of your sweepers to lure out a troublesome Pokemon that the other has difficulty with and weaken it, allowing your other sweeper to plow past it and successfully sweep.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>With a titanic movepool, Wigglytuff has plenty of other options that she can use with some success. As far as alternative support moves go, Wigglytuff has access to Sing, Knock Off, Sweet Kiss, and even Charm. With her nice bulk, she can use the effects of all of these moves to decent effect. However, for most of these moves, they're either too unreliable, or have effects that aren't as good as the other support options that Wigglytuff has access to. Wigglytuff also makes a respectable user of Gravity, with plenty of moves that benefit from it such as Sing, Fire Blast, Thunder, and Blizzard. However, with mediocre offenses, she fails to be outstanding at abusing it offensively, while her defenses also aren't quite good enough to continually switch into attacks to set it up. Perish Song would be a fantastic move to use on Wigglytuff; however, the fact that it is incompatible with Wish makes it a less-than-stellar option. Fake Tears and Tickle are options to potentially cause switches and soften up opposing Pokemon, but are poor options in general. With Wigglytuff's huge HP stat and low defensive stats, she makes a respectable user of Counter, though unfortunately, her lack of a one-turn recovery move, and low Speed make it difficult for her to pull it off continually and makes it really only worth it for the surprise value.</p>

<p>Physically, Wigglytuff has plenty of options to abuse. Return, Focus Punch, Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, and Fire Punch are just a small portion of the physical attacks that Wigglytuff has access to. Because of this, Wigglytuff can make a decent abuser of a Choice Band or physical Life Orb set, though her mediocre Attack stat prevents this from being a great option. Specially, Wigglytuff has even more options, boasting strong attacks such as Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, ThunderBolt, Fire Blast, and Grass Knot to give a basic idea of how diverse her movepool is on the special side. Like on the physical side, Wigglytuff can use a Choice Specs or a Life Orb set with decent success. Unlike the physical side however, Wigglytuff has access to a boosting move in Charge Beam, which, while not particularly amazing, can help bolster her barely acceptable Special Attack. You could also try to mix some of her physical and special options to turn Wigglytuff into a mixed attacker; however, despite the astounding coverage that Wigglytuff would have with this kind of set, it's still easy to wall due to Wigglytuff's poor offenses.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Wigglytuff's defenses, while decent, are not really top-notch, and strong attackers such as Aggron, Hitmonlee and Rhyperior should be able to break through them with ease. In particular, Fighting-types work well, as they immediately threaten Wigglytuff with their strong, super effective STAB attacks. However, if Wigglytuff is carrying a status move such as Toxic or Thunder Wave, you will want to use Pokemon that won't have issues with these lest you have a crippled Pokemon on your hands. If Wigglytuff is using Toxic, Venusaur makes a great counter. Swords Dance variants can set up on her easily, while support sets can abuse her huge HP stat with Leech Seed. If Thunder Wave is used, Rhyperior works well, being able having the ability to set up on her with either Swords Dance or Rock Polish, and threatening her from the get-go with his monstrous Attack stat. Substitute users such as Mismagius and Rotom can block her attempts to status them and can proceed to set up. Taunt will also stop Wigglytuff in her tracks, as most of the time, her best form of offense will be Seismic Toss.

Pretty good analysis. There wasn't much for me to change anyway. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)