Will of Steel

Hello everyone here at Smogon! This is my most recent ubers team and after a few changes were made this is the current version of the team. Playing casually I have got into the 1900s on Showdown but I feel it still needs improvements to face some threats, and I was hoping here on Smogon people would help me :) The team is based around sweeping late game with Arceus Steel. Well without further ado here is the team:

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA

- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

I have Physically Defensive Kyogre to take hits, phaze out sweepers, and is my answerto Darkrai and sleep fodder in general. Its pretty useful since even uninvested Scald in the rain does good damage. I really like and rain helps Deoxys-A hit 100% of his Thunders and removes the fire weakness from Arceus-Steel and Excadrill which is huuuuge as Arceus now sets up on more things and Excadrill gets a better chance to spin. Another advantage of having bulky Kyogre is that I rarely lose the weather war. However I feel it sometimes isnt bulky enough to take on things like SD Rayquaza and Extremekiller and cant really do anything back to them either except Roar them out. Sleep Talk can be unreliable too.

Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
Rash Nature (+Spatk, -Spdef)
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spatk / 252 Spe / 4 Atk

- Extremespeed
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Deoxys-A is a monster. As soon as it comes out it's almost guaranteed to get a kill. EVs is to hit as hard as possible on the special side, 0hkoing most Kyogre with Thunder, outspeeding dragons and taking them out with Ice Beam, Superpower destroys Tyranitar, Ferrothorn and Arceus on the switch. Extremespeed is powerful priority and I can revenge a lot of weakened things, normally scarfers. It also allows for Deoxys to always get off damage before dying. I sometimes wish I had a sash on Deoxys but I just love the power Life Orb brings.

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Spatk)
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 Spdef / 164 HP / 84 Spe

- Shadow Sneak
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake

Standard Shuffling Giratina-O. It has very good natural bulk which is pretty helpful. It also blocks spin which is cool, and Shadow Sneak is perfect for Deoxys forms and in general is very good priority. It also takes care of weakened Mewtwo and can get off a hit before dying. Thanks to its fantastic typing Giratina can set up a sub on a lots of things and start Dragon Tailing everything racking up damage on the opposing team. Earthquake hits Dialga and Excadrill hard who otherwise beats me one on one.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Spatk / 4 Spdef

- Surf
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Outrage

Palkia is my main switch into Kyogre as it x4 resists water and doesn't get hit super-effectively by any other move in Kyogre's arsenal. It also revenge kills many threats such as DD Rayquaza. Surf does lots of damage to anything in the rain, Spacial Rend revenges dragons without the -2 Spatk that might give the opponent a chance to set up. Thunder is mainly for Kyogre and hits a lot of the tier for good damage. The para chance is also pretty nifty. Outrage is to revenge Calm Mind users.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature (+Attack, -Spatk)
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 176 HP / 20 Spe / 60 Atk / 252 Spdef

- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Bulky Excadrill is just awesome in ubers. It can come in on all the main entry hazards users and set up in their face, and the beauty is that thanks to its massive attack it does huge damage to Giratina trying to block the spin after an SD. Mold Breaker is a fantastic ability for Excadrill to have as thanks to this almost nothing is safe from its powerful Earthquake, Giratina-O being the main victim. Stealth Rocks is a must on any team and thanks to the switches Excadrill causes it is easy to set them up. Rapid Spin is to rid myself of hazards, and EQ just wrecks everything. Rain is very important as it allows me to beat Dialga 1 on 1.

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Spatk / 252 Spe

- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Thunder
- Judgment

Here it is, the star of the team! Arceus Steel is very very good at late game sweeping thanks to its great typing, humongous bulk, and decent coverage. I try not to reveal my Arceus type to the very end as it is kind of an uncommon type, and so my opponent remains uncertain on what to sack. Arceus Steel is fantastic in the sense that he cannot get poisoned, essentially guaranteeing its longevity. Thunder is also kind of unexpected and allows me to take care of things like Kyogre and Ho-Oh. If rain is up, Arceus is nigh impossible to stop.

The main problems my team has are Dialga and Ho-Oh in sun, Mewtwo, and Extremekiller Arceus. Calm Minding Arceus are also dangerous if I let them set up too much.

Any help to make my team better is much appreciated!!!

This is a cool team. I like using Cm Steelceus so it's cool to see someone else using him.

It seems to be weak to sun teams though. Ho-oh is able to 2hko Giratina and Kyogre after Stealth Rock so they can't switch in. Ho-Oh also destroys Excadrill and Arceus with sun boosted Sacred Fire. Blaziken pretty much sweeps your team if he manages to get to +2 speed and attack because he Ohkos your entire team except Kyogre and Giratina who can't switch in safely because they'll be 2hkod.

There isn't really much you can do to fix that other than to get Stealth Rock up early and win the weather war.

Since you have problems with Mewtwo you could maybe run Thunder Wave on Kyogre instead of Roar because that would cripple him and allow you to take him down easier.

To help against Extremekiller you could possibly change your Excadrill to a Skarmory. I don't think that a spinner is a mandatory thing for your team to have because you don't have anything that's weak to Stealth Rock. Skarmory is quite hard for Extremekiller to beat and Skarmory can Toxic him and then Roost off the damage.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic/Taunt

- Whirlwind

On your Deoxys you should probably run Low Kick over Superpower because Low Kick hits pretty much everything in Ubers besides Chansey/Blissey as hard as Super Power does and it doesn't decrease his attack.

I think that's everything I can think of to improve this team. I hope I helped.

Nice Team!

as you said, you're a bit weak to Extremekiller Arceus, with Hazards up it can easily 6-0 your team if it has a Life Orb. my suggestion is to change Excadrill with Forretress: Forry can Spin and setup Stealth Rock like Exca, but it Checks Extremekiller well with Toxic + Pain Split.

Now, i think you should change your Deoxys-A set:first of all, you have to put Psycho Boost > Ice beam because it's useless: Psycho boost hits targets weak x2 to Ice Beam harder, (140* 1.5 = 210 > 95 *2 = 190) and the only resist, Latias, its hit hard by Extremespeed anyway. and Replace Superpower with Low Kick, it's just as strong agaist most of the Ubers. then, you should change the EVs Spread to 56 Atk / 216 SpAtk / 236 Spe with a lonely nature: with this you can OHKO standard Dialga 45% of the time with Low Kick, and you still outspeed Mewtwo. if you are worried about the latter, you can Change Thunder with Dark Pulse to revengekill it easier.

i don't see Ho-oh too much as an issue, your kyogre is a great Check to it, and Palkia can revengekill it in the rain. you just have to not lose the Weather war and should be fine.

Gl with the Team :)

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)