Rejected Wins Through Timer Stalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come across a player on the gen 7 randbats ladder who is frequently top 10 on the ladder who I have played probably 100 times. One of the ways that they maintain this ranking is by playing around with the timer to try and get timeouts from the other player. What they will do is turn the timer on at the start of the battle and then if they are losing they will wait and turn the timer off in the hopes that the other player doesn't realise and times out themselves. Or knowing that I won't fall for it as we have played so many times they will just leave the battle open and you have to sit there for a couple of minutes staring at the screen until the timer runs out. I have beaten them so many times and they have never surrendered once. Once its apparent they will lose they just let the timer run out. Surely there is something that you can do about this as its unfair that they are getting cheap undeserved wins like this and it's a mechanic that they shouldn't be able to exploit the way that they do. Personally I think that the timer mechanic should be fixed so once its turned on it can't be turned off or that both players have to stop the timer for it to be stopped. Also if you're constantly just letting yourself timeout your account should get locked for a period of time or whatever as they are only doing it to irritate players that have beaten them fairly. There's should also be an option to report someone for timer stalling as it just gets abused by salty people who have lost.

Forgot to mention. Another thing they do is turn the timer on at the start of the battle and then turn it off when they're losing and not click a move so unless you realise and turn the timer back on yourself then you basically sit there until you realise as they can't timeout otherwise

I'm pretty sure that I'd you both request the timer to be on, then the timer doesn't turn off until both players request for it to be turned off. So this problem should be fixed if you also request the timer to be on, with the easiest way to be turning on "Automatucally turn on timer" in the battle settings. Completely ignore this if this isn't what you mean.

I'm pretty sure that I'd you both request the timer to be on, then the timer doesn't turn off until both players request for it to be turned off. So this problem should be fixed if you also request the timer to be on, with the easiest way to be turning on "Automatucally turn on timer" in the battle settings. Completely ignore this if this isn't what you mean.
Erm not sure If this varies by whether you play on mobile or is different for randbats. On mobile only one person can request the timer, and that person who requested it is the only one who can turn it off

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Erm not sure If this varies by whether you play on mobile or is different for randbats. On mobile only one person can request the timer, and that person who requested it is the only one who can turn it off
If the button doesn't work for you, you can enter the command /timer on, in the battle chat, to force it on from your end. Additionally you have the possibility to enable "automatically start timer" in the battle options, which can be accessed at the start of any battle.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Echoing above. Just play a new match or something. Plus, the timer prevents _real_ timerstall, so it'd only be ever be punished if they brag about timerstalling,
Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)