Wooper used ice butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Lickilicky with Power Whip kinda makes sense due to its tongue being used to whip, but it's still a Grass move...I mean really, Lickilicky's tongue on an Omastar is just as effective as Tangrowth's vine?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
And why is Tangrowth's vine very effective on something with a rock hard shell which should deflect the hit anyway? Yeah, you didn't think of that did ya? :P

Theoretically speaking Steel-types should be immune to every physical move except fighting (which would have the power needed to break it)

Togekiss is the only Pokemon with Metronome without visible hands/fingers, apart frim Hitmonchan, maybe. Granted, it used to have hands, but why is it still able to learn Focus Punch and Drain Punch when it evolves?

Crush Grip

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Theoretically speaking Steel-types should be immune to every physical move except fighting (which would have the power needed to break it)
Whenever I'm playing through RSE, and using an Aron, I always think that Zigzagoon or whatever should be taking recoil from using Headbutt on it. Or a concussion.

Togekiss is the only Pokemon with Metronome without visible hands/fingers, apart frim Hitmonchan, maybe. Granted, it used to have hands, but why is it still able to learn Focus Punch and Drain Punch when it evolves?

Crush Grip
Maybe it uses its face.

I beg to differ. If you hit a steel sword with a rock for instance, it may take a while but that steel isn't coming out perfect. Also, look at what earthquakes do to our steel buildings. Steel bring just resistant to practically everything is much more logical then immune. Denting steel does damage; it doesn't have to be actually broken.

And Zubat gets Fly ... :D

Several Flying types should get Fly ... I know lots of Bug / Fly Pokemon can't really fly, but why giving them the Flying type ? Venomoth Dustox Beedrill can still fly like Butterfree Yanmega, but they don't have this Flying type. I think Mantine doesn't learn it too. Gliscor & Mantine are for me (But I can be wrong) the only Flying types (without Bug type) who doesn't learn Fly

Edit : I forget Delibird, Jumpluff, Gyarados and others

tl;dr => FLYing type = FLY
Bugs who don't learn FLY = No FLYing type

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gliscor without Fly (For In game Purpose)
WHY Game Freak ? WHYYYYY ? :(
Gliscor doesn't technically fly, it glides, which is why it can't learn it.

Same goes for Yanmega.
This doesn't make any sense, considering it's had at least one Pokedex description that says it's capable of carrying an adult-sized human on it's back.

And Zubat gets Fly ... :D

Several Flying types should get Fly ... I know lots of Bug / Fly Pokemon can't really fly, but why giving them the Flying type ? Venomoth Dustox Beedrill can still fly like Butterfree Yanmega, but they don't have this Flying type. I think Mantine doesn't learn it too. Gliscor & Mantine are for me (But I can be wrong) the only Flying types (without Bug type) who doesn't learn Fly

Edit : I forget Delibird, Jumpluff, Gyarados and others

tl;dr => FLYing type = FLY
Bugs who don't learn FLY = No FLYing type
Zubat used to be unable to learn Fly. Part of the reason why it was probably added to its movepool was because it can take a while for Golbat to evolve completely (and finally be able to learn Fly). Gliscor and Mantine only glide, which is why they're not capable of proper flying. As for Butterfree, and Beedrill, it could be that they're not strong enough, or are too frail to safely carry a human. And Natu cannot learn fly.

Well, とぶ does mean something like flying, but also hop, jump, leap. That at least explains why Dodrio can learn it (jumps high!?) and Gilgar cannot. It glides, thus cannot gain altitude.

And I also realized that bugs cannot learn Fly, regardless of their sub-type.

Well, とぶ does mean something like flying, but also hop, jump, leap. That at least explains why Dodrio can learn it (jumps high!?) and Gilgar cannot. It glides, thus cannot gain altitude.

Volcarona and Genesect can learn it. I understand the former but not the latter.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

Mantine jumps just as high as Dodrio, why can he not learn fly then!?

Silver pokedex: Swimming freely in open seas, it may fly out of the water and over the waves if it builds up enough speed.

Marlon also learned how to jump by jumping with the Mantine that used to live in his village.

It learns Bounce at least. Pokemon not being able to leap that far are probably covered by that move. "Flying" probably means that they are jumping out of water like Flying Fish. Or like those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)