Wooper used ice butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't put in counter features because that crap is ridiculously hard to program, and it would add a new strategy to the game that would be almost impossible to master. Would they base it off of random chance? Could you command a Pokemon to counter? Could a Pokemon counter on switch in? So much goes into the idea that it is better to just let it stay as is...

Okay, how can this thing learn Fly?

Sure it has wings (obviously since its a moth), but its part Fire-type. Wouldn't that mean the trainer would get severely burned while riding on it?

I think most Fire-types are able to control their generation of fire at will. Otherwise you couldn't ride on a Rapidash/Arcanine or hug a Growlithe (anime).

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I was actually checking that lumineon learned quiver dance on the theorymon thread, when I noticed this. It learns frickin' splash!
Now, splash in japanede does translate to hop, which explains why it was given to spoink and hoppip, but there are still some pokemon which it is strange on. Wailmer, or more to the point, wailord (both by level up). Wailmer/ord can neither bounce nor roll around in shallow water. I mean come on, it can't. Wynaut. Well, wynaut I suppose! Delibird... yeah... Cleffa actually learns it by level up! I don't know how sunkern bounces, but the biggest offender of them all...

That is just wrong on so many levels.

I was actually checking that lumineon learned quiver dance on the theorymon thread, when I noticed this. It learns frickin' splash!
Now, splash in japanede does translate to hop, which explains why it was given to spoink and hoppip, but there are still some pokemon which it is strange on. Wailmer, or more to the point, wailord (both by level up). Wailmer/ord can neither bounce nor roll around in shallow water. I mean come on, it can't. Wynaut. Well, wynaut I suppose! Delibird... yeah... Cleffa actually learns it by level up! I don't know how sunkern bounces, but the biggest offender of them all...

Well, by that same logic this learning Spash:

is also blasphemous.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Why? I mean, magikarp learns it (it's pre-evo) but I can easily imagine it hopping. I'd like to see snorlax manage both feet off the ground at the same time unless it is using body slam.

"Wailmer can store water inside its body to transform itself into a ball for bouncing on the ground. By filling itself up with more water, this Pokémon can elevate the height of its bounces." [Sapphire Dex entry]

Also why it learns Bounce.

Maybe Wailord's Bounce should be an instakill, causing you to take your entire party back to the Pokèmon Center in shame. :3

If only it were as dense as water.

Okay, how can this thing learn Fly?

Sure it has wings (obviously since its a moth), but its part Fire-type. Wouldn't that mean the trainer would get severely burned while riding on it?
It doesn't matter if the trainer would get burned or not(though I don't think they would), the point is it can fly, so it can learn Fly.

Garchomp doesn't learn fly either, but the current hypothesis (given that it is depicted everywhere as flying 0_O) is that it doesn't learn fly because the type of flight that it partakes in-low altitude, short distance, high speed-isn't fitting of the HM definition of the move. Same thing here.

I imagine if Volcarona did learn fly it would use it's legs to carry the trainer instead- sort of like Sabrina's Venomoth or Yellow's Butterfree in Pokemon Adventures. So there would be less chance of a burn if it did have burning wings.

Garchomp doesn't learn fly either, but the current hypothesis (given that it is depicted everywhere as flying 0_O) is that it doesn't learn fly because the type of flight that it partakes in-low altitude, short distance, high speed-isn't fitting of the HM definition of the move. Same thing here.
I imagine if Volcarona did learn fly it would use it's legs to carry the trainer instead- sort of like Sabrina's Venomoth or Yellow's Butterfree in Pokemon Adventures. So there would be less chance of a burn if it did have burning wings.
Guys....guys it does learn fly
that's what he's saying

Oops worded the post wrong, I meant that if it had Fly in its movepool that's how he would use it xD

anyway,

I don't get how Blastoise learns Dragon Tail, it doesn't seem like it's tail is long or strong enough to force the foe to switch back. It doesn't even seem that dragon-related either.

Also

How can it use Whirlwind (egg move)?

How can this cow use thunder wave? Where does the electricity come from? I've lost like three battles due to T-Wave from Miltank.

Why!?

breh

強いだね

How can it use Whirlwind (egg move)?
As with any animal, what it eats has to come out from somewhere, I guess...
It's probably just a loud roar

@Miltank: a lot of normal-types have the ability to generate electricity in some capacity; it's not that easily explained.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

How can this cow use thunder wave? Where does the electricity come from? I've lost like three battles due to T-Wave from Miltank.

Why!?
most normal types have the ability to use elemental moves to some capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)