Banned deucer.
1658100371012.png

art by Meganium1579
World Cup of 1v1 VI
Finals

Reminders:

Substitution
:

This year we have four subs per roster, and Captains may use them as they see fit. Keep in mind once a player is subbed out, they cannot be subbed back into the same round, but can be put back onto the roster for next round.

Substitutions will be not be allowed in tiebreak series unless both teams agree (or TDs enforce double sub). We will be reluctant to give activity wins to those who are clearly fishing for them.

Simulator:

Smogtours is generally preferred for tournament games, but Pokémon Showdown is fine as well.

Standard Tournament Rules and Procedures:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlists for this tournament are:
  • In MG 1v1, players must play the first game in SS 1v1, and the loser of that game determines the generation used for the next game, and so forth until the winner is decided. You cannot repeat gens, and only gens 7-4 are selectable.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on either Smogtours or Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Replays are required.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
On... Sportsmanship

Note the sportsmanship infraction may be used liberally this WCo1v1, and any unsportsmanlike conduct on the forums, in the 1v1 discord or in opposing wco1v1 team channels (you won't be infracted for you being a dick in your own wco1v1 team channel unless the situation is so extreme I feel I absolutely have to make an exception (consider basically any masterclass interaction ever)), will be grounds for an infraction. We encourage you to play semi-aggressively, but don't be a masterclass.

NOTE: Replays are required, so that we may further develop the tournament side of our 1v1 metagames. Any win posts without replays will NOT be counted as a win.

1658101577360.png
1658101691540.png
1658101606790.png

:conkeldurr: US South vs US Central :tornadus:
SS BO7: crow crumbs vs Nalei
SS BO5: Nick.see vs smely socks
SS BO5: pqs vs Rellia
SM BO5: Squirtell 1v1 vs LRXC
SM BO5: Tol vs Landon
ORAS BO5: Scraftionite vs crucify
BW BO5: Itchy vs Urfgurgle
MG BO5: crying vs zioziotrip

Monopoke BO5: Quantum Tesseract vs Leru

1: :stufful:
2: :milotic:
3: :greninja:
4: :beedrill-mega:
5: :absol:
or whatever the fuck Leru tries to pull because he's a bad boy who doesn't play by the rules

The deadline for this round is July 24th, 11:59 PM GMT-4.

Last edited by a moderator:
:conkeldurr: US South (3) vs (5) US Central :tornadus:

Monopoke BO5: Quantum Tesseract vs Leru

Last edited:

abd1710

I SHOULD BE BANNED!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
:conkeldurr: US South (5) vs US Central (3) :tornadus:

:conkeldurr: US South (5) vs US Central (3) :tornadus:
SS BO7: crow crumbs vs Nalei playoffs nalei is fire emoji
SS BO5: Nick.see vs smely socks nick is going to win as long as south doesnt throw and sub in cleffa hater
SM BO5: Squirtell 1v1 vs LRXC what
SM BO5: Tol vs Landon landon just lost to frostyicelad but tol is going to bring nfes
ORAS BO5: Scraftionite vs crucify almost just lost to the person they were said to have created now theyre against circuit champion who actually gives a piss about winning now that theyve ended up in finals
MG BO5: crying vs zioziotrip this is a 5050 but im going with what my gut says

XSTATIC COLD

Banned deucer.
US Suck (2) vs US Centipede (0)
SS BO7: crow crumbs vs Nalei : both suck idc
SS BO5: Nick.see vs smely sucks : smely sucks
SS BO5: pqs vs Rellia : both suck idc + pqs missed his exams.
SM BO5: Squirtell 1v1 vs LRXC : lol
SM BO5: Tol vs Landon : both suck idc
ORAS BO5: Scraftionite vs crucify : both suck + scrft is boosted + ghosted
BW BO5: Itchy vs Urfgurgle: both suck + urfgoogle last week said: "xsc is so lucky in adv" => i won't forget.
MG BO5: crying vs zioziotrip : both suck

conclusion : boycott this final. The only good player here is squirtell.

Last edited:

abd1710

I SHOULD BE BANNED!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Bit overdue but without further ado, it was cool to be part of Asia this world cup. Quick shoutouts to these amazing users:

stravench for being the goat no one knew about and carrying Asia in almost every slot

RaJ.Shoot for bringing me back in the loop of 1v1

DEG for taking me in and carrying Asia in building department along with Stravench

Baleblaze for being the goat

Palestine for shutting the haters up

neomon ncalathes DezShizzels Jabiru Justdelemon bored_glitch for keeping Asia afloat in semis with your amazing help

Last edited:
won for fun vs crying in 5 ggs

ggs south and thx central for carrying me again. I think this is the only team in 1v1 history I'd consider truly a superteam. cba to do individual s/os just know that everyone on the lu is goatered, ty all for building for me during the tour asw.

Wrapping up the year of playing 1v1, I'm quite happy with my performance. The level of play in this tier has only gone up overtime, especially in the building department. Yea there are a lot of dubious games but I feel people don't understand that it's the tier. There are plenty of comically bad games/series if you look at any pl. I think anyone who believes that the level of play in this tier was better when people loaded double beetle in sm and didn't know lax is broken in every gen is completely wrong. I've had a lot of fun prepping and playing this year which is much better than the obligation I felt during pl5.

I still enjoy 1v1 but I'm not gonna put up w the unsavory parts of the community anymore. I'll spare everyone the rant, I just hope that by the time I get the 1v1 itch again it is not so toxic. thx to people in "tryharding" cozyboys rays central for making 2022 such a fun ass year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)