Status
Not open for further replies.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ACTUAL_OMWC_IMAGE_NOT_EDITED (1).png

Art by Ticken edit by Sectonia

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon VM walls, plain and simple.
If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner.
If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand.
If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a captain may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.

TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your captain know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to World Cup of Other Metas III will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the WCOOM III hosts. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception.
  • Inappropriate nicknames: Games in which a player uses nicknames that break PS! rules will be forfeited, and the player will be removed from the tour. Replays are required for this tour, so it is important that PS! and Smogon rules are followed in these games.
  • Toxic Behavior: Insulting, flaming, and intentional timer stalling are some examples of toxic behavior. Instances of toxic behavior will be reviewed, and the appropriate punishment will be handed out at the discretion of the hosts and OM forum moderators.
These rules are meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament, as well as keep it a safe site for all.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time may be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the Other Metas Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for WCOOM III with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions
Captains, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the captains of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent(s), and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

:wingull: US West [5]-[1] Europe :metagross:
Managers - Kris, Avery | Lasen The Number Man
:heatran: SS Almost Any Ability - XxSevagxX vs. Quagg
:zamazenta-crowned: SS Balanced Hackmons - cityscapes vs. Ivar57
:mew: SS Camomons - anaconja vs. The Number Man
:entei: SS Mix and Mega - DerpyBoi vs. Shing'n Streets
:morgrem: SS NFE - lepton vs. tlenit
:magearna: SS STABmons - Byleth vs. Ainzcrad

You have until Sunday, December 26th @ 11:59PM EST to finish all of your games.
To accommodate for Christmas, extensions will be allowed until Wednesday, December 29th @ 11:59 PM EST if required.

Last edited by a moderator:

hayedenn

forgotten me already?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
no explanation predicts bc im lazy

west coast second best coast

Last edited:

iapt

the unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Unbiased (hopefully) predicts

quagg held the top spot on the aaa ladder for quite a while, has shown to be a good player throughout the tour AND has tnm support. however, sevag is also a strong player that has had a good showing in the tour and has very strong support. I think this is one of the closest matchups in this round, but i'm gonna give it to quagg
city is one of, if not the, best bh player rn, going undefeated so far in the tour, and with west hogging all the bh mains, on paper this looks like a good matchup for west, but ivar also had a strong showing, with their only loss during pools coming from city.
TNM was consistent during pools, going 3-1, with his only loss coming from anaconja, additionally beating euphonos in semi's. I'm ngl, i dont know much about the playerbase of camo, but tnm is very active and had a strong showing during pools and semis, but this could go either way.
this is a game that im looking forward to, should be a good one, but Derp has really good support (no bias at all) and had a decent performance during pools, while shing did not play a game during pools, and lost during semi's, so im gonna give this one to derp
Its kinda hard to predict against the undefeated lepton here who has pretty solid support. tlenit went .500 in pools and won in semi's, so i think this will be a good game but giving lepton the edge.
Another undefeated US west player, Byleth has had a very strong showing so far, while Ainzcrad did not play during pools but beat TI last week. while this is no small feat, the whole tour has shown byleth to be one of the best stab players around, so im bolding them here.

I tried to make these as unbiased as possible, but if i predicted against you, go and prove me wrong :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)