SV Ubers Worming My Way (100 post special)

opinion on caly

• fuck that thing get it outta here

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • it’s healthy (the objectively wrong choice)

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
Introduction
Good afternoon, people of Smogon! Home support has been released for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, and you know what that means! There’s a million broken things running around and no one has any idea where to start! With Calyrex-S most certainly about to get banned, I thought that, to celebrate 100 posts, I would share the funniest team I have ever built, and that which got me reqs for the Caly suspect!

When I joined Smogon last year in June, I had no idea how involved I would get here. This community means the world to me and I love you all to death. For the short time Caly has left in the tier, I hope you do enjoy carrying this team into battles.

Proof of Reqs
IMG_0594.jpeg

Teambuilding Process

:calyrex-shadow: :miraidon:
My man Taka mentioned that Caly and Mirai make a good pairing, as they share a common check in Ting-Lu and can wear it down for each other. I already wanted to abuse Caly as much as possible before its inevitable ban, so this was where I started.

:calyrex-shadow: :miraidon: :koraidon:
I decided I wanted a physical Fighting-type to beat Blissey in case that became popular, as well as threatening Dark-types resistant to Caly’s STAB combination. So, Koraidon was an obvious choice.

:calyrex-shadow: :miraidon: :koraidon: :arceus:
In my next slot, I wanted a Caly check of my own, so I slapped on Extreme Killer itself. Not much to say, it’s Extreme Killer.

:calyrex-shadow: :miraidon: :koraidon: :arceus: :grimmsnarl:
At this point I finally remembered how dominant I was at the start of pre-Home Ubers with screens, and since this team was already overwrought with insane sweepers (and because I believe Nasty Plot Caly to be a waste out of screens) I slapped on Grimmsnarl.

:calyrex-shadow: :miraidon: :koraidon: :arceus: :grimmsnarl: :orthworm:
Initially I toyed with Cyclizar in this slot, but after a bit of testing I found that Orthworm was just better. A physically defensive Steel-type that was immune to Ground, meaning it could wall Extreme Killer. Plus, it had rocks.

The Team

:grimmsnarl:
Grimmsnarl @:light clay: Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen

- Taunt
- Spirit Break

The only good screens setter in the tier, Grimm opens the door for my other insane sweepers to go to work. Tera Poison is here because Toxic Spikes really hurt this team, so Tera Poison provided a way to remove them if I needed to. I like Spirit Break over Play Rough not just because of the consistency, but also for its special attack dropping effect, letting my other mons, especially Orthworm, stave them off more easily.

:orthworm:
Orthworm @:sitrus berry: Sitrus Berry
Ability: Earth Eater
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Shed Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Iron Head

Here’s the Shed Tailer. (Tail Shedder? idk) Obviously, Shed Tail is a must, and rocks are good to break Focus Sashes. Body Press and Iron Head are the last two moves; Body Press to actually hit Extreme Killer and Iron Head to hit Fairies if it absolutely needs to.

:calyrex-shadow:
Calyrex-Shadow @:focus sash: Focus Sash
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Astral Barrage
- Psyshock
- Tera Blast
- Nasty Plot

Oh hell yeah, NOW we’re talking! I am a Tera Fighting Tera Blast enthusiast because it hits Extreme Killer along with Dark-types. Focus Sash is funny for occasional revenge killing if I somehow don’t have hazards on my side of the field, but also I initially had Lefties when Concept Everything pointed out that in the age of hyper offense, Lefties isn’t good on a decently frail Mon like Caly. So, I tried Heavy-Duty Boots and honestly really hated it. ox04 suggested Sash over Boots, and that became the item for the rest of the team’s runtime. Psyshock destroys Blissey and Clodsire should those become popular, as well as the decently popular Eternatus. Other than that, everything should be self explanatory.

:miraidon:
Miraidon @:leftovers: Leftovers
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Agility

- Parabolic Charge
- Dazzling Gleam

Double Dance Miraidon is still such a bullshit insane sweeper. Especially now with Iron Treads and Clodsire basically nowhere to be found. It synergises well with Caly by wearing down Ting-Lu and other Dark-types when Caly isn’t ready to sweep, and vice versa. Mirai also functions as an emergency check to Choiced Kyogre.

:koraidon:
Koraidon @:leftovers: Leftovers
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge
- Dragon Claw
- Collision Course

Hey guys it’s everybody’s favorite prehistoric lizard! This baby directly threatens and/or baits out Tera from Dark-types and Extreme Killer with STAB while threatening a sweep in return. Initially I used the Swords Damce + Taunt set, however Inder instead suggested the standard Swords Dance + Flame Charge, pointing out that Giratina-Origin is a decently viable Defogger and Eternatus was also somewhat popular, and they completely wall the Taunt set. This is prolly a low ladder thing but I saw Regieleki used a lot, so I have 240 EVs in speed to outspeed it after a Flame Charge.

:arceus:

Arceus @:leftovers: Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Bow before Him or He shall dance you to your doom! He initially was of the Swords Dance variety, and then ox04 reminded me that He needs to be able to outspeed Zacian-Crowned, Calyrex-S, Miraidon, and several other things. Thus, He was switched to the Dragon Dance variant, with 68 EVs in Speed to outspeed unscarfed Caly after a Dragon Dance. The rest of His EVs went into HP so He could better take attacks, most notably letting Him better take stray Tera Fighting Tera Blasts from Caly.

Conclusion
Importable

I once again want to thank the Ubers community as a whole for being really supportive and overall fun people. It’s always a good time building teams and testing with all of you, and y’all make my days. 100 posts on this site still seems like an insane number for me, and I look forward to everything that comes next. I also want to thank you, the reader, for being here. Please do let me know what you think of this team, and have a wonderful day!

Last edited:

red fintans

fintan is actually blue
is a Contributor to Smogon
This is prolly a low ladder thing but I saw Regieleki used a lot
Nah man that stuff is insane, just gets value for switching in, only liability is it eats the team's tera but that just makes it easier to play

anyway I don't play this tier so just one thing: orthworm is

also why is arceus leftys? just askin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)