Xatu Team (that's right, Xatu)

I've seen a lot of complaints about the horribly standard nature of most RMT/LAMT threads recently. So I decided to make a UU team (filled with UU standards...kinda).

I'm assuming all these Pokemon will remain UU.

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Scheme
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Hypnosis

Good speed and Hypnosis to open with, plus I'm predicting quite a lot of Typhlosion starters. I can't hurt it really, but I can probably force it to switch or put it to sleep.

Good chance of a late game sweep with her too.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Trait: Early Bird
EVs: 196 HP / 60 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Tail Wind
- Somersault
- Psychic Headbutt
- Wish

It's the UU Jirachi! Not really, but this is almost identical to the set I'm planning for some of my OU teams. Tail Wind over Reflect is the only difference.

Set up Tail Wind then Somersault out to one of the sweepers. I've got a couple of Pokemon with average speed who can unleash some nice damage if they've got Tail Wind helping them out, even if only for a couple of turns.

I may go with Reflect over his STAB move, as he's not really that effective at attacking anyway. Jolly to hopefully get in a Tail Wind first.

Absol @ Scope Lens
Trait: Strong Luck
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Blade Test
- Psycho Cutter
- Pursuit

This loves having Tail Wind in play.

Xatu could Somersault to this if I'm expecting a Ghost or Dark attack, maybe something like a Grumpig Shadow Ball.

Swords Dance then proceed to batter stuff with Absol's crit happy moves.

Pursuit to off any Ghosts or Psychics that switch out when Absol appears. Stone Edge sounds good for a third crit move, but I really like the idea of hammering switch outs.

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 116 HP / 148 Atk / 244 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Xatu Somersaults to this little guy if Aggron shows up or if I expect any Rock or Electric attacks aimed at the bird.

Sets up Stealth Rock when they switch out or starts throwing out attacks or Swords Dancing.

Outspeeds Manectric with Tail Wind and survives a predicted HP Ice/Grass, although not with a Choice Glasses boost.

Luxray @ Life Orb
Trait: Beligerence
EVs: 160 Atk / 172 Spd / 176 SAtk
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Quick Attack
- Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt so I can 2HKO Aggron as he laughs at Spark even if I get a trait boost.

Quick Attack to finish of Reversal pests and Ice Fang and Crunch for type coverage.

Tail Wind makes up for his average speed and Xatu's Wish passing helps keep him alive after Life Orb damage starts to add up.

Walrein @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 172 HP / 216 Atk / 120 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Snow Slide
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I like Walrein and with Snow Slide and no need to split EVs, this set is a big improvement from the previous generation. Also provides some durability to the team.

No Blissey, no Heracross, no Azelf. No good? You tell me.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Good team overall. Be careful of AS Typhlosion starters with Eruption/Focus Punch/EQ/Will-o-wisp, as they certainly won't switch against your Ninetales.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
lol, it's really hard to rate UU teams when you have no idea what will be UU and what will be BL :[

This was actually harder to construct than my OU teams.

Absol is probably my only Pokemon that's got a shot at BL. That doesn't solve the problem of "what do I need to counter?" though.

Really I'm just looking for advice on possbile alternative movesets and the general strategy of the team as a whole.

This is an extremely underated thread. Anyway, this seems a little too UU for me, seeing as you'll be contending with things more assrapy like Feraligatr, Buuburn, etc. You need a phazer, otherwise you'll just get raped by the incoming BP chain.

Absol wants Adharence Scarf to free up space for something else on Xatu.

Choice Scarf Manectric is the only thing I could think of that can take down DD Feraligatr after it sets up, so I assumed it would be BL.

Magmortar seems similarly overpowered for UU.

If they do turn out to be acceptable in UU, I'll consider it if and when I need to. I'd probably put one of them on this team actually.

I can't take Tail Wind off Xatu, it's the basis of the whole team. Even if Absol only gets one turn to use Tail Wind and a SD boosted attack, it should be enough to kill at least one Pokemon, then switch and start again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)