VGC Xerneas Lugia core

Welp guys, I'm back. My time a Nationals was great; however, I didn't do to hot. I got RNGed out by, and I kid you not: Double Freeze Crit Gravity-Boosted Blizzard Precipice Blades Combo" Needless to say, the salt was real. Anyway, with the years National stress gone, and no invite to worlds this year, I thought I'd do some Theory-Crafting.

Side note, I'm admitting right now that I despise common core chalk, if you mix it up a bit and have the same Pokemon that's a different story, but not changing anything at all is just... just... so VGC 2015.

So here is the line up:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay yes I know the pictures are large, but I'm tired and I like the Chandelure and Xerneas one, so I just went from

So let's start with the core Pokes.

Alejandro (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 156 HP / 106 Def / 156 SpA / 90 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Grass Knot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Geomancy
- Protect

Funny story about this Xerneas, I didn't intend on running it, but it makes this whole team run a bit faster and is less reliant on my opponent to have one. The Xerneas above has been EVed to survive almost any neutral damaging move from any of the hoenn weather trio or from other xerneas. So if you don't know about VGC at all, Protect is almost always on a Pokemon. Now if you don't know VGC 2016 then you should probably note that Geomancy on Xerneas is almost guaranteed. Now normally I'd say Dazzling gleam is a standard as well, and normally it is; however, this time I can't say that with 100% confidence. So Dazzling Gleam is here as my main form of STAB that is boosted by Geomancy and the Fairy Aura. Grass Knot is my preffered other attack to help deal with the Primal duo, Kyogre and Groudon.

Spooner (Clefable) @ TwistedSpoon
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psych Up
- Stored Power
- Moonblast
- Magic Coat

Now the fun part comes in. This little bugger prompted this whole theory crafting. It's ability, that I forgot about to a degree, is almost godly against Xerneas by being able to ignore it's stat changes. It only get's better when I remembered this gen 1 fairy got Psych Up. For those of you who don't know what that is, it allows the user to copy the stat changes of the Pokemon that is targeted, ergo I can take those stat buffs and start to 'sweep'. My next move is another fun little gimmick, Stored power. This move add +20 more base power to the attack for every stat buff to it (this move's base power is 20). So you see why I like to get Psyched up. GET IT! lol Moonblast is here for my main stab that doesn't necessarily require the Psych Up; however, does appreciate it. My last move is my little note to smeargle. This allows me to lead and bounce the dark void back on unsuspecting prey. Another side note, TwistedSpoon is there because I wanted more power to my stored power.

Anewbis (Lucario) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Inner Focus
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 223 HP / 252 Def / 33 SpA
Modest Nature
- Follow Me
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave

So now we've reached my support Pokemon. I decided upon a special lucario that could avoid groudon's earth powers easily, and yes I know it can breathe, punch, and erupt, fire. Gees people I'm not a newb. The inner Focus is so that I can through out the damage and bypass fake out. The EV spread is there to help survive against Rayquaza when facing it down. That way when I use follow me, I can live to tell the tail. Aura Sphere is to hit my good old friend evation boosted smeargle and good coverage. Flash Cannon is mainly stab. Vacuum Wave is also stab, but also is my priority that can help finish off Pokemon like Groudon in the later game.

Guavu (Parasect) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wide Guard
- Spore
- Cross Poison
- Seed Bomb

Say hello, to my little Guavu. He's here to protect my team from Origin Pulse, Waterspout, Eruption, P-Blades, Dazzling Gleam, Etc. It also get's to put stuff to sleep with spore, I could use that right about now. *Yawns* Cross Poison is here that way I can actually deal some damage against Xerneas. Seed Bomb is just STAB damage that can, in certain cases, 2HKO a Kyogre and heal because of the rain. BTW, don't ask about the name.

Echo 0001 (Lugia) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 200 HP / 88 Def / 200 SpA / 22 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psych Up
- Aeroblast
- Psychic
- Earth Power

I thought to myself, Clefable and Xerneas leading could possibly be a bit weak to steel types. So I decided to bring good old Lugia. TBH, it's purely because it's Lugia and it's a tank that can take advantage of Psych Up the most, I feel. On top of most likely steeling the stats of Xerneas, it can normally get weakness Policy tripped and because it's so bulky can take that to advantage. Now the 0 IV in speed is so that I can use the trick room provided by the Pokemon above and also makes it to where this Pokemon isn't solely reliant on Psych Up. Aeroblast and Psychic are stab and Earth Power is just here as help against Groudon; however, I was considering going with Giga Drain. Tell me what you guys think.

Soul Fire (Chandelure) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Psych Up
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

Ah yes, the random one that seems out of place, then again that's the rest of the team in a nutshell. For this I wanted another Psych Up Pokemon that could soak up Fire type attacks and live against Xerneas naturally. It's a great Pokemon for that too. It can deal almost any pokemon at least a 2HKO when I get the Geomancy boost; however, this Pokemon doesn't require it. So Heat Wave and Shadow ball are here as STAB, no more needed to be said. Trick room, the move mentioned above, and helps to beat Xerneas, without copying stats. Also if Palkia does it, why can't Chandelure?

Don't answer that!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay guys you know what to do from here, so give me your feedback, in a constructive manner. Also, today's riddle, winner get's a free Pokemon of their choice*.

I've traveled a far, through time and through space

Certainly evil, and yet full of grace

Will you defeat me? There is a ghost of a chance.

But if you do, do your celebration Dance.

*To redeem this pokemon please message me with you Friend code, in game name, and the Pokemon you want.

If these requirements are not filled, I I'm not required to give you a prize.​

Hey man, loving your creativity with this team, I am however skeptical of using Parasect as your Wide Guard user, I would rather use the standard Aegislash Gyro Ball set we all know so well, it will also work decently well on in TR

This is just an observation for Lugia, change Psychic to Psyshock, while it sounds scary with it's Weakness Policy and Psych Up boosts, it can use Psyshock to further damage Xerneas since it ignores the Geomancy boost and it also hits P-Kyogre's weaker defense stat rather than it's godly SpD stat you also don't have a mega, even if you don't want to use the standard Salamence or Kangaskhan I suggest maybe Swampert if you wanna be unorthodox, it also gets Wide Guard and helps your matchup against P-Groudon which your team struggles with

Next Chandelure's nature and IVs, they kinda contradict each other, if you want Timid with 0IVs does that mean you want to be fast or slow?

Go with Modest in that case or change the IVs from 0 to 31

hi.

as you probably already know, this team is quite ill-fitted to succeed with pokemon such as lucario, lugia and chandelure as well as the overall gimmicky nature of this team. therefore, i'll redirect you to the viability rankings. while a bit outdated, they still get the point across onto what's good and what isn't. hopefully this inspires you to build more viable teams in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)