SM OU XURKITREE Hype My second team since my return (reached 1809 elo and need help to improve)

Dianice.jpg

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Diancie Mega not much to say about her , except i run rock polish in place of HP fire or calm mind. Rock polish can surprise teams and most of the time you'll face revenge kill with priority with this mon so calm mind seemed useless

tran.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 spe / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Protect

The best mon of the meta to me , and the SPD tran fitted perfecly in that team , i wanted to play earth power but toxic and sub are so useful... if someone can help me with the set i take it !

dorus.png

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Full def lando deals with so much mons in the meta ! relaxed nature is here to have the slowest u turn possible and have the advantage of the switch

Gren.jpg

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam

Not much to say , vry well known mon , one of the best at this moment. I chose ice beam over u turn or spikes cause i already have a good amount of volt turn and ice beam can catch bulus on the switch.

bubu.jpg

Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Bulu is a very solid mon , he's my check to many threats of the meta. I tried many sets for him (assault vest , defensvie lefto , even bulk up) but the SD Rock Z was the best in that team , it destroys zapdos or tornadus on the switch and damages surprisingly good on Celesteela (if you have a better EV repart, I take it ! )
kikitree.jpg

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch

I wanted to use this strange overlooked pokemon. When you remove ground and grass types on the opposite team , he just destroys the game ! To be honest I could only put thunderbolt , this move is the one i use 90% of the time but you have to run hp ice and volt switch , important moves to have.

Plz if you have advice feel free to comment ! I'm not a good player and if you have anythig to say about this team say it ! :) thanks for reading

I honestly think that this is not the right way to use Xurkitree, because it can be outsped by every scarfer and OHKOed because of its horrible defences, it is also incredibly easy to force out, by just switching in a ground type when you are choice locked (which is very easy to figure out). In the tier there are plethora of better revenge killers/cleaners that arent as easy to stop and revenge kill. If you were to use this tree, the best way to use it is in Sticky Web HO, where it can at least try to put smt to sleep with z-hypnosis and set a tail glow and try to wallbreak and sweep.

Hey Riven_or_afk, i do like your team and it seems pretty fun to use but i think it can be improved, here are my thoughts.:psyglad:

First off let's talk about the threats to this team.:psynervous:

-
Heatran -> Heatran being one of the best if not the best mon in the current metagame is always something to think about while building and it seems to be pretty annoying to switch into for this team, since it can click magma storm/lava plume and claim after gren switches 2 times in it, or click earth power in case you go diancie or heatran.

-
Alakazam (Mega) -> While this one isn't that big of a thread being your only switch heatran it's annoying for sure since this one get 2 OHKO'd by focus blast and your way to revenge kill it is xurkitree which isn't the most effective.

-
Tapu Lele -> same goes with lele on a minor way than zam, annoying to switch into, no matter if it's specs or Z.

-
Kartana -> Kartana is another pain for this team since thanks to it coverage it can sweep this team easy, or at least claim a bunch of kills on the game if this is well played.

-
Greninja-Ash -> This one isn't as scary as the others but can be definetly a threat if it goes out of control, since even you having bulu, being your bulu not spdef makes your only possible ash ninja switch more frail, and if bulu gets chipped enough it won't tank 2 hydro pumps.

Now that we talked a bit about some threats for the team, let me suggest you some changes to make this team more succesful.

Minor Changes
-
Landorus-T. Switching landorus from lefties to scarf gives you, not only a better speed control but also a better volt-turn and a better way to revenge kill Mega alakazam. Also switching hp ice for stone edge helps on the tornadus-T mu, sinceost of tje times you are going to click u-turn anyways.

-
Tapu Bulu. Switching this one to a more more defensive oriented variant allows you not only to take the hits from thungs like ash ninja lele or Mzam better while you still threaten the mons you want.

Major changes
-
Diancie (Mega)>
Tyranitar (Mega). While Mega Diancie is a nice mon, i don't think it acomplishes anything on these team, while Mtyranitar gives you not only the bulk but a safer way to switch into heatran and also, something that activates sand which makes heatran deal better with the psychic types.

-
Greninja-Ash >
Greninja. I think that you greninja-ash doesn't fit on this team, and regular greninja with a Z move looks better here.

- (I couldn't find out a xurkitree image) Xurkitree>
Zapdos. While xurkitree is a cool mon, this isn't a team for him to shine. Zapdos, on the other hand, fits so well in here, not only allowing the team to have a better way to deal with hazards but also giving a kartana check which is needed.

So after all this changes, the team will ebd up looking like this:
Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 146 HP / 20 Atk / 252 SpD / 96Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Greninja @ Groundium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidde Power [Fire]
- Spikes
- Dig
- Ice Beam

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Naive Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Hope you like the changes.:blobthumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks to all of you for your advice , i'll definitly make a few changes thanks to that ! Mainly switching for a safer defensive bulu and changing Diancie to M TTAR (i love this mon anyway) , and try out Lando scarf.
I use to run a lot of lando scarf but it loses so hard to all other landos thay i always lost the momentum maybe i don't use it the right way ! Anyway thanks i'll definitly try these changed , hope i can reach 1900 with this help !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)