SM OU XURKITREE Hype My second team since my return (reached 1809 elo and need help to improve)

Dianice.jpg

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Diancie Mega not much to say about her , except i run rock polish in place of HP fire or calm mind. Rock polish can surprise teams and most of the time you'll face revenge kill with priority with this mon so calm mind seemed useless

tran.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 spe / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Protect

The best mon of the meta to me , and the SPD tran fitted perfecly in that team , i wanted to play earth power but toxic and sub are so useful... if someone can help me with the set i take it !

dorus.png

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Full def lando deals with so much mons in the meta ! relaxed nature is here to have the slowest u turn possible and have the advantage of the switch

Gren.jpg

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam

Not much to say , vry well known mon , one of the best at this moment. I chose ice beam over u turn or spikes cause i already have a good amount of volt turn and ice beam can catch bulus on the switch.

bubu.jpg

Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Bulu is a very solid mon , he's my check to many threats of the meta. I tried many sets for him (assault vest , defensvie lefto , even bulk up) but the SD Rock Z was the best in that team , it destroys zapdos or tornadus on the switch and damages surprisingly good on Celesteela (if you have a better EV repart, I take it ! )
kikitree.jpg

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch

I wanted to use this strange overlooked pokemon. When you remove ground and grass types on the opposite team , he just destroys the game ! To be honest I could only put thunderbolt , this move is the one i use 90% of the time but you have to run hp ice and volt switch , important moves to have.

Plz if you have advice feel free to comment ! I'm not a good player and if you have anythig to say about this team say it ! :) thanks for reading

I honestly think that this is not the right way to use Xurkitree, because it can be outsped by every scarfer and OHKOed because of its horrible defences, it is also incredibly easy to force out, by just switching in a ground type when you are choice locked (which is very easy to figure out). In the tier there are plethora of better revenge killers/cleaners that arent as easy to stop and revenge kill. If you were to use this tree, the best way to use it is in Sticky Web HO, where it can at least try to put smt to sleep with z-hypnosis and set a tail glow and try to wallbreak and sweep.

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey Riven_or_afk, i do like your team and it seems pretty fun to use but i think it can be improved, here are my thoughts.:psyglad:

First off let's talk about the threats to this team.:psynervous:

-
Heatran -> Heatran being one of the best if not the best mon in the current metagame is always something to think about while building and it seems to be pretty annoying to switch into for this team, since it can click magma storm/lava plume and claim after gren switches 2 times in it, or click earth power in case you go diancie or heatran.

-
Alakazam (Mega) -> While this one isn't that big of a thread being your only switch heatran it's annoying for sure since this one get 2 OHKO'd by focus blast and your way to revenge kill it is xurkitree which isn't the most effective.

-
Tapu Lele -> same goes with lele on a minor way than zam, annoying to switch into, no matter if it's specs or Z.

-
Kartana -> Kartana is another pain for this team since thanks to it coverage it can sweep this team easy, or at least claim a bunch of kills on the game if this is well played.

-
Greninja-Ash -> This one isn't as scary as the others but can be definetly a threat if it goes out of control, since even you having bulu, being your bulu not spdef makes your only possible ash ninja switch more frail, and if bulu gets chipped enough it won't tank 2 hydro pumps.

Now that we talked a bit about some threats for the team, let me suggest you some changes to make this team more succesful.

Minor Changes
-
Landorus-T. Switching landorus from lefties to scarf gives you, not only a better speed control but also a better volt-turn and a better way to revenge kill Mega alakazam. Also switching hp ice for stone edge helps on the tornadus-T mu, sinceost of tje times you are going to click u-turn anyways.

-
Tapu Bulu. Switching this one to a more more defensive oriented variant allows you not only to take the hits from thungs like ash ninja lele or Mzam better while you still threaten the mons you want.

Major changes
-
Diancie (Mega)>
Tyranitar (Mega). While Mega Diancie is a nice mon, i don't think it acomplishes anything on these team, while Mtyranitar gives you not only the bulk but a safer way to switch into heatran and also, something that activates sand which makes heatran deal better with the psychic types.

-
Greninja-Ash >
Greninja. I think that you greninja-ash doesn't fit on this team, and regular greninja with a Z move looks better here.

- (I couldn't find out a xurkitree image) Xurkitree>
Zapdos. While xurkitree is a cool mon, this isn't a team for him to shine. Zapdos, on the other hand, fits so well in here, not only allowing the team to have a better way to deal with hazards but also giving a kartana check which is needed.

So after all this changes, the team will ebd up looking like this:
Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
EVs: 146 HP / 20 Atk / 252 SpD / 96Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Greninja @ Groundium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidde Power [Fire]
- Spikes
- Dig
- Ice Beam

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Naive Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Hope you like the changes.:blobthumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks to all of you for your advice , i'll definitly make a few changes thanks to that ! Mainly switching for a safer defensive bulu and changing Diancie to M TTAR (i love this mon anyway) , and try out Lando scarf.
I use to run a lot of lando scarf but it loses so hard to all other landos thay i always lost the momentum maybe i don't use it the right way ! Anyway thanks i'll definitly try these changed , hope i can reach 1900 with this help !

Hey Riven_or_afk, this is certainly an interesting team you've got here. While I'm always delighted to see a Xurkitree, I'm admittedly really sceptical about its position on this team, as it doesn't really achieve anything notable on this build, as it's vastly outclassed as a form of speed control. Now I know jcbc already pointed out a few weak matchups - mainly the glaring weaknesses versus Psychic-type breakers. Hoopa-U, Mega Latios, Mega Alakazam and Tapu Lele are essentially guaranteed a single pick at minimum. Alakazam is particularly notable here, since it can easily forces you into a position where you must sack Xurkitree (seeing that Tbolt doesn't ohko) if Bulu has been weakened at all. Additionally, this team really struggles versus a notable amount of faster breakers in general, in particular, Tornadus, Kartana, Medicham, Magearna and both Kyruem forms, which is (again) particularly annoying because you're so pressured to revenge kill these mons with Xurk, which in general is absolutely horrible because being choice locked into an electric move is generally really annoying, since you give free turns to stuff like the aforementioned Lati@s, Ferrothorn, Rocks + Toxic Gliscor and Helmet Chomp, which are incredibly annoying for this team to deal with, considering that nothing on this team really appreciates Toxic + phasing from the latter. Continuing with the theme of defensive threats, both Toxapex and Celesteela essentially wall the entire team, and paired with a consistent Electric immunity / resist, these mons are simply unbreakable. Finally, this team is simply just unable to reliably deal with stall and rain, which are essentially an auto-lose at team preview, simply because this team can't consistently break past Chansey or Mega Aggron with wish support, nor does it have the capability to withstand the overwhelming pressure of common rain abusers such as Mega Swampert and Ash Greninja.

>

While Diancie is a pretty cool mon to use alongside Greninja and Bulu, it ultimately doesn't really accomplish anything dire; it only adds to the inherit Ash Greninja weakness and it doesn't really address the team's issues versus offensive Psychic-types, so I believe replacing Diancie with an Assault Vest Magearna is a much better option here. Magearna improves this team's matchup versus the aforementioned Psychic-types, particularly Alakazam, Tapu Lele, whilst also providing this team with a much sturdier Ash Greninja, Tornadus and Magearna answer. Additionally, it also prevents base Kyurem from keeping its substitute up and allows the team to pressure Calm Mind Clefable much more consistently, as you no longer need to play around with special attack drops with Heatran. Finally, it provides this team with valuable Volt Switch support, which allows practically everything to come in safely versus a large number of threats.

>

Similarly to Diancie, Xurkitree just didn't really accomplish much as speed control and it doesn't really provide as much role compression as you'd really hope, so I opted to replace with a Mega Alakazam. This change not only provided this team with some defensive counterplay versus the likes of Heatran and Mega Latios, but it also provided the team with a consistent method to break past Toxapex and provided this team, whilst also providing this team with a safer method to revenge kill the likes of Tornadus, Tapu Lele, Medicham and Ash Greninja. Additionally, it also provides this team with a much more consistent matchup versus Rain, allowing you to revenge kill particularly annoying mons such as Swampert and Kingdra, whilst also possessing fantastic synergy with Greninja, seeing as you are able weaken many of its checks for it. You also have the option of running Knock Off over Shadow Ball in order to cripple the likes of Chansey, Celesteela, Tangrowth and Landorus, but that comes at the cost of being walled by bulkier psychics.

>

So I opted to change Landorus' set here from a defensive set to an offensive scarf variant. This change not only provides this team with an incredibly crucial form of speed control, but it also provides the team with a consistent form of hazard control. Additionally, this change provides the team with a method to pivot into and revenge kill the likes of Pinsir, Tornadus and Charizard matchups through Stone Edge. Landorus also forms the second half of the Volt-turn core that I created with Magearna, which grants this team with a fast form of momentum. The given speed EVs allow you to outspeed a boosted Kommo-o, which is pretty difficult for this team to deal with otherwise. If you're still concerned about the Hawlucha matchup, you can opt to run Explosion over Stone Edge, which comes at the cost of losing your primary form of speed control.

>

Since the stall matchup was still incredibly difficult, I decided to change Heatran's set from a specially defensive set to an offensive set. This change not only improves your matchup versus stall, but it also allows you to pressure balance teams a lot more consistently by being able to break through threats such as Celesteela, Ferrothorn and Gliscor. Now, you might be confused about the presence of Metal Sound, but it allows you to break through Chansey and Toxapex without Toxic and Taunt, meaning that you are free to run Stealth Rock while retaining your Chansey matchup.

>

While Rockium Bulu is certainly an interesting set, I feel like Heatran needed the Z-crystal slot a lot more than Bulu does. I also feel like there are a lot more consistent sets that Bulu can use, so I've decided to change Bulu's set from a Swords Dance set to a Choice Band set. This change vastly improves the team's overall balance and stall matchups, while also possessing the ability to punish Tornadus and Zapdos a lot more consistently. The given speed evs will allow you to outspeed both Crawdaunt and Tyranitar, while the HP evs allow you to avoid the 2hko from Greninja's Hydro Pump before it transforms.

Finally, I recommend that you replace Ice Beam with Spikes. Spikes are honestly just too good to pass up on, as the residual damage is incredibly helpful in most matchups, while Ice Beam doesn't really do too much anyways.

(Click for the importable!)
Hope these suggestions helped, if you've got any questions about the rate, then hit me on discord at curi#2758. Hope you enjoy the team!

Hey man, I’m kinda late but I want to say some improves in case you still want to play the Tree.

>

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

As curiosity say with this replace you win a Tran and Mlatios check, rn a very importar thing. Pex Counter and solid RKiller who can wallbreak or clean with spikes support.

>

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Taunt

Gliscor is better Defog user than lando, and at the same time with him you have another answer vs Tran.
Speed for max speed Tran. Spd to avoid 2HKO from lando Hp ice and 244 Hp to increase the Gliscor’s General bulk.

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power/Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic/Metal Sound

Just the classic Spd Tran Set. Btw Lava>Magma always in this set, you don’t wanna have only 8pp.
About the options Toxic is better in general imo but Metal sound is better vs stall.

>

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Scarfninja is an amazing rkiller, pretty good spiker and he can give to you a lot of momentum for MZam, Xurke or Tran.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Synthesis

Classic Spd Bulu to wall greninjash and help with Lele and Zam.

Xurkitree @ Electrium Z / Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Enegry Ball
- Tail Glow
- Electric Terrain / Hypnosis / Energy Ball

Xurkitree can act as either a wallbreaker with Tail Glow and three attacks or a sweeper with the speed boost but the sweep is definitely harder and taking this on acount is your call decide what set do you wanna play. Electrium Z to break fat teams or go for the speed boost and try to sweep.

MZam: https://pokepast.es/9b7b8fae5f41c7ad
MLatios: https://pokepast.es/d631ca0e66c1a461

Where's the lucha check
Id work around offensive pressure (avoid free set up), un mega evolved diancie (keep it healthy) and choice specs water shuriken from ash gren (if you got the form, it only needs a bit prior chip). Not the best match up id say but manageable (?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)