Resource XXXTEAMTACION

Status
Not open for further replies.
God CTC, could you build around Speks Gengar and Speks Ninja-Ass? Ass-Ninja u-turns on Fini and Tangrowth, and Gengar comes in to begin nuking stuff safely.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Stunfisk @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD (or whatever you think is best)
Bold Nature (alter if EVs require)
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Pros:
  • Fuck Tapu Koko
  • Fuck U-turn
  • Spreads paralysis like nobody's business between Static and Discharge
  • Large passive utility between Helmet+Static combo
  • Fuck other shit
  • It's fucking Stunfisk
Cons:
  • Fuck Lando-T
  • There are loads of others but Lando-T is the biggie
  • It's fucking Stunfisk

Nobody expects Screens Koko with Taunt.

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- U-turn

Stack those screens.
Ninetales-Alola (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Aurora Veil

Anything that sets up: Example
Charizard-Mega-X (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Fire Punch/Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch/Roost

Whoever you pick to have a z move and that sets up usually just wins.

I'd suggest something experimental. Like SubSalac Bibarel, Belly Drum Linoone or sticky meme ft. Refrigrator Rotom or Fedora Birb

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Yo what about building around double dance Thundurus-T @Electrium-Z? acts as both a balance breaker and a late game cleaner depending on what you decide to set up first. If you manage to get both it's over

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
1. Muk-A. its hard to incorporate a utility mon, who by definition is supposed to serve a niche role in specific comps, into its own team. i was lookin at stall post-dug and realized that it needed muk for lele so i whipped this garbage dogshit up

http://puu.sh/u5kyq/eb510b812a.txt

2. nihiledos. i combined gyara w lego cuz gyara weakens fat shit for lego, from waters, fairies, steels, etc to mayyyybe a surprise kill on a grass vs that one dude who still thinks it might be mega gyara. since theres 2 volc counters the other mons were allowed to be volc weak af. bulu to beat the shit that gyara doesnt or at least weaken it, buzz to control haz and switch into shit like gross and zardx. mamo to weaken the rare rotom and to break most all fat shit further for lego since its the star of the team. team is weak to lo ninja, tho most run spikes so mamo actually walls. hard lego every time cuz noone uses water move vs 2 grasses even if they are ash.

http://puu.sh/u5nGf/944e5d3cce.txt

3. vic + zor volturn. incorporated vic which is a great wallbreaker, and zor which is a great pivot in this meta and isnt sitting prey due to sd. vic actually kills p much everything in top 15 usage bar like tran and wak, but it doesnt need to be zenning and should be uturnning or glaciating lant/chomp instead. this shit is ridic strong actually dismantling water grass steel cores (only fires being tran zard and volc) w ease. iv also found that ash ninjas switchins all get uturned on into vic which means volturn is great for the structure. mosa cuz its uturn and mosa is great at spinning on offense. an alternative is to use standard rocky hp ice lant with fightium mosa and maybe toss on + nature for the boostaboost

http://puu.sh/u5sJn/d9def6d3e3.txt

4. Kyubulu. banded kyu rlllly sucks fat chodes lookin at usage. everything is steel or fairy or ground, icium is the only way to use kyub as a breaker, whose role otherwise is better filled bymamo imo. hone claws is there to abuse the switches ppl make to avoid the z move. fairly normal lookin ho, a bit slow, but this type of shit demolishes fat/stall cuz exca + hitters. mosa is dangerous but 2 checks is enuf. lo ninja is a threat, but there kyub!

http://puu.sh/u6cB8/5bcd46fff8.txt

more to come

yeah, the ones i have played with suck.

Last edited:
Try out scarf raptor + firium-z chomp. Due to the nature of their stab moves, they are often walled/checked by similar pokemon. However bc of chomps z-move, Raptor can u-turn on potential checks and counters which becomes either a). Set up fodder for chomp or b). Barbecue.

Yoooo, CTC! Last gen you had one of my all-time favorite teams. It consisted of Landorus, Rotom-W, Dragalgae amongst others and it was just an awesome team that I really enjoyed.

Anyways, I'd love to see what types of teams you'd potentially build around the following mons (obvs not on the same team):

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Autotomize
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Necrozma @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Turtonator @ Grassium Z
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Solar Beam

Staraptor @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Mirror Move

For the Staraptor Quick Attack could be slashed with Double-Edge with the Reckless ability.

Last edited:
Yoooo, CTC! Last gen you had one of my all-time favorite teams. It consisted of Landorus, Rotom-W, Dragalgae amongst others and it was just an awesome team that I really enjoyed.

Anyways, I'd love to see what types of teams you'd potentially build around the following mons (obvs not on the same team necessarily):

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Autotomize
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Necrozma @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Turtonator @ Grassium Z
Ability: Shell Armor
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Solar Beam

Staraptor @ Normalium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- Mirror Move
I think you meant to put Flyinium Z on Staraptor, because Mirror Move is a flying type attack and I assume that's the only reason it is there.
Also, since you have Double-Edge and Brave Bird, you really should be running Reckless over Intimidate, but I guess Intimidate also works to force a switch and Brave Bird, but then again forcing a switch doesn't work with Z-Mirror Move since the move will fail, so yeah use Reckless lol.

Gonna second autonimize celesteela but slap something like mamo/ devastating Drake SD chomp. The partner just needs to be able to break down fat shit like fini or toxapex so steela cleans up shop.

I think you meant to put Flyinium Z on Staraptor, because Mirror Move is a flying type attack and I assume that's the only reason it is there.
Also, since you have Double-Edge and Brave Bird, you really should be running Reckless over Intimidate, but I guess Intimidate also works to force a switch and Brave Bird, but then again forcing a switch doesn't work with Z-Mirror Move since the move will fail, so yeah use Reckless lol.
Ooh, good point. I changed it to a Flyinium Z. I swapped out Double-Edge for Quick Attack too, so in this case I think Intimidate would be better for the set-up opportunity with Z-Mirror Move. Don't quote me on this, but I *think* you still get +2 even if the Mirror Move itself fails. Otherwise yes, with Double-Edge Reckless would be the superior ability.

Askov

Explode
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
I'd like to see a team with Ash-Gren + Nidoking, Gren U-Turn on fat mons like Fini, Tang, Ferro and others and Nidoking come to destroy something with its good coverage.

Thanks for this again this gen, I would love for you to build around Zicemove Kube and LO hoopa with any volt turn support you want.

Ooh, good point. I changed it to a Flyinium Z. I swapped out Double-Edge for Quick Attack too, so in this case I think Intimidate would be better for the set-up opportunity with Z-Mirror Move. Don't quote me on this, but I *think* you still get +2 even if the Mirror Move itself fails. Otherwise yes, with Double-Edge Reckless would be the superior ability.
Yeah, Quick Attack over Double-Edge is good because Flying/Normal is literally the worst coverage in the game. The only two types that resist Normal (Rock and Steel) resist Flying, so no need for two moves that do recoil when Brave Bird is good enough, and plus it hits Ghosts. Close Combat already covers those two aforementioned types. Also, yes Z-Mirror Move gets +2 no matter what, but you miss out on the opportunity of having Reckless (which is basically an 'Aerilate' but for Brave Bird/Double-Edge) and Z-Mirror Move literally does the Z-move of the last move they used on you, so if lets say you read a Mimikyu's Shadow Claw and switch in Staraptor, you can totally surprise them with a Z-Never Ending Nightmare and still get +2

No one has suggested Primarina yet.

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

It hits hard asf and technically has no counters. EVs are to speed creep Venusaur.
It's bad vs offense but yknow.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 207-244 (52 - 61.3%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Psychic vs. 232 HP / 80 SpD Venusaur: 292-344 (81.3 - 95.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini: 180-213 (52.4 - 62%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 324-384 (92 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 171-202 (47.1 - 55.6%) -- 77.3% chance to 2HKO

Something else people haven't suggested is Shift Gear Magearna.

Magearna-Original @ Steelium Z / Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt / Fleur Cannon / Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Fire] / Ice Beam

Coverage is so flexible it's crazy. Steelium gives you a nuke can be Z Fairy if you use Fairy DRACO. Shuca if you have a different z move user in mind. Timid nature so you're not outsped by scarf chomp at +2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)