Challenge XY Giveaway Contest - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

ROUND 3: GEMERATION III
This round will end at 11:59:59 PM (GMT -5) on 9/7.

In 2005, Pokémon Emerald was released in North America, Europe, and Australia. The third generation of Pokémon games introduced more than one hundred new Pokémon, abilities, double battles, and many other improvements to the Pokémon franchise. Pokémon Emerald also expanded on Crystal's Battle Tower, providing players with a new challenge in the form of the Battle Frontier.

CHALLENGE
Pokémon Emerald: Achieve the highest streak in the Battle Factory (single battle, open level).

Unlike the previous two challenges, this challenge doesn't have a time requirement. It doesn't test your ability to think on your feet or to plan out strategies in advance; instead, it tests your ability to adapt to constantly shifting battle conditions.

RULES
A list of general rules can be found here.

1. Do not abuse save states/resets.
SUBMISSIONS
Start a conversation with @Stellar titled "Round 2 Submission"

Your screenshot should look like this.​

• SUBMIT A SCORE EVEN IF IT IS LOW. SCORES WILL VARY WILDLY.
  • You may only submit one screenshot or photo. Select your best score.
  • You should not post your results publicly.
CONTESTANTS (TOP 18) & LEADERBOARD
atsync
billymills
DHR-107
elcheeso
Eo Ut Mortus
extra.
Focus
LegendaryElitist
Level 51
lucariojr
makiri
Manitary
Mekkah
Nexus
Roadagain
sb879
Wyverii
zdrup15
  1. lucariojr - 84
  2. Nexus - 82
  3. Wyverii - 66
  4. elcheeso - 66
  5. atsync - 51
  6. makiri - 50
  7. Roadagain - 50
  8. zdrup15 - 49
  9. LegendaryElitist - 48
  10. DHR-107 - 45
  11. Focus - 41
  12. Mekkah - 41
  13. billymills - 40
  14. sb879 - 40
  15. Manitary - 38
  16. extra. - 35
  17. Level 51 - 33
  18. Eo Ut Mortus - 32
The top 12 contestants from this round will move on to Round 4. Sign-ups are no longer open.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SAVE FILE WITH ACCESS TO THE FACTORY, CLICK HERE AND DOWNLOAD THE FILE IN THE TOPIC.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
For this challenge you should start fresh. Nothing started before the time of the OP will count.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
me: what could possibly go wrong
>gets haxed by frontier brain twice

also we can just submit proof based on the "highest score" thing in the second row as long as we use the provided save right

Last edited:

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Good thing I decided to play through Emerald version again a couple weeks ago. Good luck to all!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
If it wasn't bad enough that the trainers in the factory have ridiculous luck, they also taunt you after something like missing Sludge Bomb against 10% P2 at the end of a battle due to Brightpowder happens.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire

looks like it might be getting close

edit: I critted and won! :D totally worth the hour and 45 minute battle!

I tried on a cart yesterday and got 1 halfway decent run which took hours. Tried with an emulator and it is easily 8x better. Beating 10 trainers in 10 minutes is just fun.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
If you are using my save file, I will accept the score from either RECORD or PREV., because the file had no previous score.
If you are using your own save file, make sure you screenshot PREV., so I know it is a recent score.

I tried on a cart yesterday and got 1 halfway decent run which took hours. Tried with an emulator and it is easily 8x better. Beating 10 trainers in 10 minutes is just fun.
This honestly makes me tempted to go with the emulator for this round. I'd just prefer to play on the actual console whenever able.

On a different note, whenever I see any OHKO move being used, I have this terrible sinking feeling.

A streak of mine just ended on... an opponent using Counter on Overheat. (And before, Psychic) That's... not supposed to happen, is it?

I'm feeling worse and worse about my streak by the day T_T.
You're not the only one :/

It's looking like we probably won't make it to the next round, sadly.

And the Counter thing is definitely weird. Aren't Fire and Psychic types that use the special attack stat in Gen III?

Well,this looks like its going to be a bit difficult.Anyways,Good luck everybody and have fun.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Errrrg, I had to go to dinner and then lost the next match cause I was so far out of the zone I wasn't even thinking -_-

Oh well, might be enough to scrape through...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)