Challenge XY Giveaway Contest - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
ROUND 4: SERIOUSLY THE WORST

This round will end at 11:59:59 PM (GMT -5) on 9/14.

2007 brought us two new Pokémon games, Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl version. The fourth generation of Pokémon brought the much needed physical/special split and online play. Like never before, trainers from all around the world could battle each other in real-time.

CHALLENGE
Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Achieve the highest Poké Radar chain.

Like the previous challenge, there is no hard time limit this round. Keep at it until your chain breaks! I am not specifying a Pokémon or route for this challenge. These are variables that are in your control.

RULES
A list of general rules can be found here.

1. Do not abuse save states/resets.
  2. Do not use any cheat codes (e.g. "radar always charged").
SUBMISSIONS
Start a conversation with @Stellar titled "Round 4 Submission"

Your screenshot should look like this.​
  • If you are not using my .sav file, please include a photo of your Pokétch both before and after your attempt.
  • You may only submit one screenshot or photo. Select your best score.
  • You should not post your results publicly.
CONTESTANTS (TOP 12) & LEADERBOARD
atsync
DHR-107
elcheeso
Focus
LegendaryElitist
lucariojr
makiri
Mekkah
Nexus
Roadagain
Wyverii
zdrup15

1. zdrup15: 185 (Shinx)
  2. elcheeso: 184 (Bidoof)
  3. makiri: 168 (Voltorb)
  4. LegendaryElitist: 152 (Bidoof)
  5. Wyverii: 142 (Shellos)
  6. Mekkah: 125+ (Shinx)
  7. atsync: 123 (Voltorb)
  8. Nexus: 119 (Beldum)
  9. DHR-107: 105 (Bidoof)
  10. Roadagain: 57 (Shinx)
  11. Focus: 35 (Geodude)
  12. lucariojr: N/A
The top 8 contestants from this round will move on to Round 4. Sign-ups are no longer open.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SAVE FILE WITH ACCESS TO THE POKÉ RADAR, CLICK HERE AND DOWNLOAD THE FILE IN THE TOPIC.

This save file provides you with the following:​
  • Poké Radar​
  • Trainer Counter app​
  • 650 Max Repels​
  • 1 Max Elixir​
  • Lv. 73 Empoleon (Surf/Aqua Jet/Drill Peck/Bubblebeam) [87 PP]​
  • Lv. 71 Rotom (Thunderbolt/Shock Wave/Shadow Ball/Charge Beam) [60 PP]​
  • Zubat with Fly [Party] | Chansey with Rock Climb [Box] | Bibarel with Strength/Waterfall/Rock Smash/Cut [Box]​

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I'm just glad I don't have to do this, chaining is terrible.
Don't I know it -_- worst idea so far imo. I never understood chaining at all, now I am going to have to spend all of today looking up how to actually do it and get decent chains. Granted whoever wins will have a chain of like 400 or something.

also I cannot get the .sav file to work (I use desmume) so if someone could help me out on IRC that'd be greatly appreciated

edit: resolved thanks to zdrup

Last edited:
So... I guess this week involves me getting the first shiny Pokemon outside of trading and Red Gyarados.
And it's not going to be a cool Pokemon. :/

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've completed all of the challenges aside from the GSC one (due to time constraints), and I'd still be in the contest at this point. :)

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
I'm doomed. :( Oh well. Gonna give it a few goes later in the week (hopefully).

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Fuck this... Chain broke for no reason....

I'll probably throw in a game or two for next round anyway and just join Stellar in making up scores which mean nothing :P

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Fuck this... Chain broke for no reason....

I'll probably throw in a game or two for next round anyway and just join Stellar in making up scores which mean nothing :p
inb4 no one else submits and DHR gets to next round

Welp, so much for that. I spent half of the week sick, and just barely even got what I did now without just falling asleep.
Not that that's an excuse for anything, but oh well.

Good luck for the remaining 8.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
Scores and the Pokémon each contestant chose are up! Next round to be posted within a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)