XY OU: Anti-Meta Mega-Balance! PEAK #64 (1834) - FIRST RMT!!!

Sup guys, I'm AceStar! At the moment, I'm 54th (1834) on the ladder. My problem with my old teams was that the weren't prepared for uncommon Pokemon, such as Mixed Thundurus, or Substitute Kyruem-B. However, I made a new team that is 4-0 so I figured I would ask for some tips on how I can improve it, or if I just was lucky X]

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM (Chansey)

@ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 216 SDef / 40 HP
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SAtk
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

Most of my teams have a Chansey on them nowadays; she sets up rocks and she clerics. The 216 SP.DEF + 40 HP is to avoid a 2HKO on +6 Manaphy, who severely gave me problems at one point. Wish is very helpful, as it gives everybody on the team 100% of their health back! The main issue, however, is the lack of Leftovers and the susceptibility to Knock Off D:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM (Keldeo)

@ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 240 SAtk / 16 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 3 Atk
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Without Keldeo, I would have serious problems with defense teams, but fortunately enough, I have one. Scald is due to Pokemon usually switching out on Keldeo, and having the 30% burn chance upon switch in. I am walled by Celebi, so instead of Calm Mind, I am considering Icy Wind. the 16 Defense is to survive Jolly Charizard X's Dragon Claw at +1. Calm Mind is allows Keldeo to late game sweep very effectively. Leftovers are for consistent recovery, as Keldeo also has an excellent defensive typing (>BISHARP).

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM (Jolteon)

@ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jolteon is a beast for this team. He is an excellent lead with Volt Switch, which allows momentum. The Modest nature is because Jolteon outspeeds most of OU while Modest and all other faster threats, like Greninja and Talonflame, my other Pokes can take care of. Expert Belt is to bait Choice Specs, surprising Gliscors and Landorus-Ts after they get HP Ice'd. Thunderbolt is an OHKO on Manaphy, being a huge plus. Shadow Ball is now neutral to steel, allowing Jolteon to attack more freely. Like previously stated, I only switch moves and reveal Expert Belt if 100% necessary. I am now considering Assault Vest.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM (Ferrothorn)

@ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 168 Def / 244 HP / 96 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn is a phenomenal wall in OU and is my answer to most Dragon Types, namely Latios without Hidden Power Fire. Leech Seed + Protect gives a nice 12%+ (Unless Liquid Ooze) which gives Ferro some nice vital health. With an added bonus, Protect can check if opponents have moves that super effectively hit Ferrothorn. Gyro Ball is to prevent Taunt bait and hurt Fairies, and Stealth Rock helps this team immensely, going well with Jolteon's Volt Switching. Rocky Helmet is an option to detour opponents from Rapid Spinning away Ferro's Leech Seed and Rocks, yet, I feel Leftovers is still the better option.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM (Tentacruel)

@ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic

Tentacruel forms a nice core with Chansey and Ferrothorn, stopping nearly every form of offense. Rapid Spin is key for eliminating ents, while Scald is a good based power move with that legendary chance to burn. Haze is 100% necessary due to the prominence of Baton Pass teams. Finally, Toxic is good, consistent damage on most Pokemon, and go well with Chansey and Ferrothorn's Protect, and even further with the latter goes for Leech Seed.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmm (Charizard-Mega-X) (M)

@ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 216 Spd / 252 Atk / 40 HP
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Roost
- Earthquake

Finally, Charizard X is my trusty wall-breaker/tank. With max Attack, Charizard will be able to fire off monumentally powerful attacks. 216 speed is to out-speed Adamant Kyruem B among others. Roost is amazing, as it allows Charizard to retain its bulk after getting damaged by possible Stealth Rocks. Surprisingly, Charizard X has a fantastic defensive AND offensive typing. Added bonus, the item can't get Knocked Off =] Fire Punch and Dragon Claw are not only STAB, but have excellent offensive presence. Earthquake is for Heatrans, however, I try my best to make opponents believe that my last move is Dragon Dance. Thunderpunch is also a consideration to replace Earthquake to hit Water types, mainly Azumarill, super effectively

The glaring issue with my team is the weakness to Fighting, Ground, and Physical Set-Up sweepers. For this reason, I'm highly considering adding a Landorus-T, but I'm reluctant to do so, due to my then huge vulnerability to Bisharp.

OVERALL, I hope you guys can give me some fabulously insightful information about this team!
Thanks in advance =]

Last edited:
Yo Ace, pretty nice team you've got here. One thing i see off the bat is the huge Mega Zard X weakness you have. I suggest switching tentacruel with unaware quagsire. He completely walls mega zard x as well as physical garchomp and gyarados. Now quite obvioulsy, this leaves you susceptible to hazards as you lose your spinner. One way you could counter this is to replace jolteon with zapdos. This isnt really the most desirable option as you do lose a powerful revenge killer + lead, but its just something to think about :)

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Haze
- Recover

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Discharge/Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Good luck with the team!

Hey AceStarThe3rd, pretty cool team you have. Just have a couple nitpicks to make the team run smoother. The first is your Chansey set, you see it's SDef? You see it's Eviolite? Yeah it doesn't need anymore special bulk. Try running 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef in order to give it more physical bulk and have a chance against things like Azumarill and Bisharp who pop holes in poor Chansey. Secondly in regards to Chansey Soft Boiled is better than Protect 9 times out of 10 because of the fact that due to your insane bulk, you force swaps a ton and can take a lot of hits. Soft Boiled allows you one turn recovery and still having the option to heal your allies.

Jolteon has become pretty bad this generation as it is a slower, bulkier meta and it's damage just doesn't get the job done AND it'd very frail. In order to keep the synergy you have going on here and provide you with a better Jolteon, I suggest running Assault Vest Raikou over Jolteon. It's slower and still is fast, is way more bulky, hits hard as hell, and can check things like mixed Thundurus. Thunderbolt is your main source of damage and preferred STAB. Volt Switch is for momentum on predicted switches and just a nice kick starter for some solid plays. Shadow Ball is mainly for Aegislash and Lati@s, but does nice neutral damage to a ton of things. Hidden Power Ice is for Dragons and Ground Pokemon who resist or are immune to its Electric STABs. The EVs are standard so no need to explain.

Smaller changes includes things like changing your EV spread on Keldeo to max speed and special attack over the one you currently have. The extra 16 EVs in defense really do nothing for you and are a waste. Also because you don't have great answers to Mega Venusaur you can try running HP Flying over HP Electric as a lure. Another small change is Flare Blitz > Fire Punch on Mega Charizard X for more power. If you were running the DD and three attacks set you could get away with Fire Punch, but you are running Roost so what is recoil to a Charziard? That is really all I saw that needed to change, good luck with the team.
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Jolteon looks like the weak link in your team because priotity is common on most teams and jolteon is really frail. I suggest running
Thundurus@leftovers
252 SPE/252 SATK/4 DEF
Timid
-thunderbolt
-volt switch
-hidden power ice
-thunder wave

This set provides you with almost identical coverage but with a priority thunder wave to shut down a threat before it can hurt your team. You already have a spinner so rocks are not an issue. Your team looks really solid.

Sorry for bad quality I made this on my phone lol

Jolteon looks like the weak link in your team because priotity is common on most teams and jolteon is really frail. I suggest running
Thundurus@leftovers
252 SPE/252 SATK/4 DEF
Timid
-thunderbolt
-volt switch
-hidden power ice
-thunder wave
I agree with replacing Jolteon with Thunderous but I think this set would serve him better IMO.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
252 SPE/252 SATK/4 DEF
Timid
-Taunt
-Volt switch
-Hidden power [ice]
-Thunder wave

This set makes for a good anti lead and will let you get the kill 90% of the time if the pokemon your hitting with him is weak to either Ice or Elec and it will allow you to switch out and setup a different poke for next turn by making use of Volt Switch.

I would also consider this

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 168 Def / 244 HP / 96 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

It makes Ferrothorn a good switch in for physical hitters, honestly though I would also reccomend testing out a Skarmory. It provides almost the same buff with only the 2xFire weakness Ex.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Def (Atk) / 4 Hp
Timid Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind
-Defog/Roost
-Rockslide/Taunt/Brave Bird

There are alot of movesets you can play with on skarmory, he makes a good lead/anti-lead if you give him taunt and he can also use defog to get rid of the rocks your opponent sets up so your charizard can come in worry free. I would just say test him if you have the chance ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)