XY OU Gucci Squad

Hello everyone and welcome to my RMT. I am rather new to battling and I have recently got into it. This team doesn't really have something to build around, such as a particular Pokemon or a type of a team. However, if I was to categorize my team, I would say it is kind of an offensive-based team. Now, onto the team.

Team At A Glance:

In Depth

Keldeo, the Colt Pokemon
Redhead Unicorn (Keldeo) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
Shiny: No
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Secret Sword

I love this Pokemon. I mean, who doesn't love a unicorn? However, don't lets its soft appearance fool you. It has a great Special Attack and decent Speed making it a force to be reckoned with. Expert Belt is the item I chose for Keldeo as I despise Choice Items because of the fact that I am super predictable. Hydro Pump and Secret Sword are very powerful STABs, and they provide great coverage. Icy Wind takes care of the Latios and Latias duo while HP Bug deals with Grass type's as well as Dark type's.

Mega-Medicham, the Meditate Pokemon

Mutant Hippo (Medicham-Mega) (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: No
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

All shall fall before Medicham. With its great Attack stats, combined with Pure Power, Mega-Medicham is a very deadly sweeper. HJK is its main attack, providing a whooping 130 amount of power. Add that on with Pure Power and STAB, Pokemon neutral or weaker are sure to faint. Drain Punch is one of my favorite moves because not only does it have a decent amount of damage plus 100% accuracy, it also replenishes Medicham's health. Ice Punch is for those pesky Dragon types and Psycho Cut takes out opposing Fighting types.

Dragonite, the Dragon Pokemon

A Freaking Dragon (Dragonite) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

This guy is a beast. Why? Cause it's a freaking dragon. Besides that, it also has a monster base attack making it a very terrifying Pokemon. Multiscale helps boost the effect of Weakness Policy greatly, as Dragonite will be able to withstand super effective attacks. ExtremeSpeed is a strong priority move that works great against Choice Scarf'd Pokemon. Dragon Dance boosts its already high attack. Dragon Claw is a great STAB attack. I chose it over Outrage because after playing with Outrage for awhile, I noticed that Fairy types were very abundant therefore leading to Dragonite's demise. By removing Outrage and replacing it with Dragon Claw, not only do I still maintain a good attacking move, but I also have the ability to switch out to either Bisharp or Aegislash. Earthquake is powerful coverage, great for hitting Pokemon like Infernape and Lucario.

Bisharp, the Sword Blade Pokemon

Kanye West (Bisharp) (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Captain of the Gucci Squad, everything about this guy is cool. Another good physical attacker, he just puts in work. Before Bisharp, I was lacking a solid Dark type so someone suggested I put Bisharp on my team. Black Glasses was my item of choice because like I said earlier, I despise Choice Items and I thought Black Glasses would suit me fine as I didn't want to take extra damage from Life Orb. Defiant is a great ability as it boosts physical attacks a ton. This is especially useful if I come across Greninja which is a pain to my team, especially Aegislash. Swords Dance is very deadly but I'm usually unable to set it up before fainting. Sucker Punch is a great priority STAB move, especially useful on fast pokemon like Alakazam. Knock Off makes my opponents life complicated, and does decent damage, while Iron Head makes people rage.

Aegislash, the Royal Sword Pokemon

Thing 2 (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head

Aegislash is one of my favourite Pokemon because it has such good defensive typing and stats. It also has a great Special Attack. However, Aegislash is super slow but its low speed is somewhat balanced out by its other great stats. Shadow Sneak is a great Ghost type move, especially with Aegislash's low Speed. King's Shield makes Sword Dancers think twice about attacking, which ensues the mind games. I played one match where my opponent had Sword Danced up to x4 Attack, only to get the stat boost lowered all the way back down to what it was due to King's Shield. Shadow Ball is Aegislash's main damaging move. It deals massive damage to all those that aren't defensively strong against it. Lastly, Iron Head is coverage against Fairy type's which seem to really bother my team.

Terrakion, the Cavern Pokemon

A Bear (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Last, but certainly not least, is Terrakion. And guess what? He has a Choice Scarf! What is this sorcery, you might ask? Yes I know I said I despise Choice Items but after a bunch of people assured me that Terrakion had to have a Choice Scarf, I gave him one. The reason being is that every team needs a check to Charizard X and Y. Dragonite wouldn't cut it seeing as I would be switching into a Dragon Dance'd, fire breathing behemoth. Terrakion is able to check both mega evolutions of Charizard with a Rock Slide. Close Combat provides sheer power and absolutely destroys walls like Blissey. X-Scissor deals with Greninja and Earthquake is powerful coverage.

And there ya go, that's my team. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read and have a nice day!

EDIT: Just got completely owned by Conkeldurr. He wiped out everyone except for Dragonite and Aegislash. :0
Now I'm seriously considering adding a hazer, BP teams are giving me a lot of trouble...

REPLAYS

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-112235198
The power of Dragon Dance Weakness Policy Dragonite

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-111527917
Here I encountered a BP team. Scolipede was able to give Charizard a scary 4x Speed Boost and 3x Attack Boost but luckily Terrakion was able to take it down on the switch in.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-111538572
Again, the power of Dragonite is shown here.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-111997566
I do love me some mind games.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-112002808
Very narrow loss here, I noticed in this game I am weak to Water types, Azumarill in particular. Choice Scarf Garchomp also gave me some trouble in this one. Greninja is also a threat to my team.

Last edited:
Yo (I usually use "hello there" but yeah lol). Nice team here. I do have a few nitpicks.
  • Keldeo- HP Bug was used in Gen 5 because of Celebi. Now, Celebi isn't a common sighting in the OU tier (she's in UU iirc). You're better off running HP Flying > HP Bug to nail Mega Venusaur. You have Secret Sword for Dark types anyway.
  • Dragonite- Move those 4 HP EVs to Def or SDef. This allows your HP to hit an odd number and minimizes Stealth Rock damage (this applies for all pokes weak to SR unless you run Sitrus Berry or something). Other than that, the moveset is pretty standard so no real changes. I do suggest you try out Fire Punch for Ferrothorn.
  • Bisharp- Since you're running a bulky spread, I suggest running Pursuit > Swords Dance to trap those Lati@s who could threaten Dragonite. Be sure to scout for HP Fire / Fighting before trapping though.
  • Medicham- Not really an avid MegaCham user but Aegislash will feast on your current set (Immune to HJK / Drain Punch and resists Psycho Cut and Ice Punch) I suggest replacing either HJK or Drain Punch with a coverage move like Fire Punch or even Bullet Punch to give you some priority.
  • Right now, Bisharp is kinda the most replace poke of your team. Terrakion is a close second, but a poke who can revenge kill the Zards are pretty valuable. Physically Defensive Venusaur is the safest switch in to AV Conk but that doesn't seem to fit your offensive playing style. I do have two that might fit; (Mega)Gyarados and Landorus-T
    Gyarados @ Gyaradosite / Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake / Ice Fang
    - Ice Fang / Taunt / Substitute
    This is basically Gen 5's Offensive DD Gyarados which could also be used as Mega Gyarados. He has Intimidate, dampening Conk's power. He resists Drain Punch and Mach Punch (before Mega Evolving), is neutral to Ice Punch and also "resists" Knock Off if you carry the Mega Stone. The one with Leftovers runs Taunt to screw up stuff like Skarmory and SubToxic Gliscor because their main STAB moves can't do much to you (uninvested -1 Brave Bird and EQ, which you're immune to) allowing you to rack up more DDs. I'm pretty sure there are bulkier spreads. If those are more your speed, I suggest you look them up.

Note that he shares a common Electric (and Grass if Mega) weakness with Keldeo

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly Nature / Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn
    - Knock Off
    Notice how they share something in common? Yes, the both have Intimidate. Not a lot of offensive pokes switch in on Conk safely so this is about as good as it gets. Lando doesn't give a crap about Drain / Mach Punch. He would miss his Scarf and hates x4 Ice Punch, but this baits Conk for Dnite's Weakness Policy to activate.
Those two are mentioned are far from ideal checks / switch ins to Conk, but they're the best I could think of right now that don't drastically alter your playing style.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Reactions: AM
Yo (I usually use "hello there" but yeah lol). Nice team here. I do have a few nitpicks.
  • Keldeo- HP Bug was used in Gen 5 because of Celebi. Now, Celebi isn't a common sighting in the OU tier (she's in UU iirc). You're better off running HP Flying > HP Bug to nail Mega Venusaur. You have Secret Sword for Dark types anyway.
  • Dragonite- Move those 4 HP EVs to Def or SDef. This allows your HP to hit an odd number and minimizes Stealth Rock damage (this applies for all pokes weak to SR unless you run Sitrus Berry or something). Other than that, the moveset is pretty standard so no real changes. I do suggest you try out Fire Punch for Ferrothorn.
  • Bisharp- Since you're running a bulky spread, I suggest running Pursuit > Swords Dance to trap those Lati@s who could threaten Dragonite. Be sure to scout for HP Fire / Fighting before trapping though.
  • Medicham- Not really an avid MegaCham user but Aegislash will feast on your current set (Immune to HJK / Drain Punch and resists Psycho Cut and Ice Punch) I suggest replacing either HJK or Drain Punch with a coverage move like Fire Punch or even Bullet Punch to give you some priority.
  • Right now, Bisharp is kinda the most replace poke of your team. Terrakion is a close second, but a poke who can revenge kill the Zards are pretty valuable. Physically Defensive Venusaur is the safest switch in to AV Conk but that doesn't seem to fit your offensive playing style. I do have two that might fit; (Mega)Gyarados and Landorus-T
    Gyarados @ Gyaradosite / Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake / Ice Fang
    - Ice Fang / Taunt / Substitute
    This is basically Gen 5's Offensive DD Gyarados which could also be used as Mega Gyarados. He has Intimidate, dampening Conk's power. He resists Drain Punch and Mach Punch (before Mega Evolving), is neutral to Ice Punch and also "resists" Knock Off if you carry the Mega Stone. The one with Leftovers runs Taunt to screw up stuff like Skarmory and SubToxic Gliscor because their main STAB moves can't do much to you (uninvested -1 Brave Bird and EQ, which you're immune to) allowing you to rack up more DDs. I'm pretty sure there are bulkier spreads. If those are more your speed, I suggest you look them up.

Note that he shares a common Electric (and Grass if Mega) weakness with Keldeo

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly Nature / Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn
    - Knock Off
    Notice how they share something in common? Yes, the both have Intimidate. Not a lot of offensive pokes switch in on Conk safely so this is about as good as it gets. Lando doesn't give a crap about Drain / Mach Punch. He would miss his Scarf and hates x4 Ice Punch, but this baits Conk for Dnite's Weakness Policy to activate.
Those two are mentioned are far from ideal checks / switch ins to Conk, but they're the best I could think of right now that don't drastically alter your playing style.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!
Thanks for the rate NotBruceWayne, I have made the changes to my team. I chose Lando over Gyarados because like you said, Keldeo also is weak to electric types. However, because of this, I'm left with only one Special Attacker. Would my team still be able to function well?

You could always run Lando-I over Lando-T but he doesn't exactly solve your Conkeldurr problem. He's a pretty potent special attacker though.
Landorus-I @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive / Hasty Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic
- U-turn
Something that looks like this. Not really sure, but you could tweak it to fit your playstyle.

I would also suggest Specs Gothitelle. She traps pokes and dismantles them with pretty decent coverage and is quite good against stall. She wont appreciate a Knock Off but OHKOs Conk with Psychic after 1 layer of Spikes.
Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Thunderbolt / Energy Ball
- HP Fire / HP Ground
- Trick
EVs are enough to outspeed 44 Spd Rotom-W with the rest into HP. Not the best fix but works quite well imo.

Would my team still be able to function well?
That's for you to decide lol. If it works well after the suggested changes, then it functions well. But remember, no team is perfect. You'll run into a wall at some point as the meta is ever changing and so your team would have to adapt as well. Glad to have my suggestions help though. Good luck with your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)