XY Smogcast #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
That was a fantastic stream guys well done.

Good listen, only problem with it for me is I had to miss the first part of it...

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If anyone missed the cast, you can catch it on our Youtube Channel, SmogonU! Feel free to leave feedback in the thread, and let us know what you'd like to see in the next Smogcast.

To answer your sendoff, yes it was quite informative. Maybe it's because I don't battle as often as I could, but I always find these to be among the best sources for metagame trends

My personal favorite was the "Aegislash: You're doing it wrong" segment. As primarily an RU player in Gen V, I loved the good/bad set articles that Dittocrow and Molk did, even morphing into an entire thread later on.

I also liked the question Texas brought up at the end regarding overrated Pokemon, and when the metagame settles (say maybe after Pokebank), I would hear more over/underrated Pokemon I should avoid/use more.

100th post. Milestone achieved.

It would be professional and prudent to keep the news page a bit more up to date with these sorts of things.

I'm a newer player. I played BW/BW2 pretty late after release and read a bunch of the Smogon Pokemon specific pages to casually learn about builds. It could just be the case that the Smogcast is directed to more competitive players, but I had a hard time understanding the reasoning behind some of the discussion.

For instance, I found the anecdote about Diggersby pretty interesting but have no idea what kind of set you guys were talking about. It may seem silly to the pros out there, but just a bit of background on the type of set would go a long way for people like me. Thanks, and I should probably mention that I did still enjoy it and look forward to #2.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm a newer player. I played BW/BW2 pretty late after release and read a bunch of the Smogon Pokemon specific pages to casually learn about builds. It could just be the case that the Smogcast is directed to more competitive players, but I had a hard time understanding the reasoning behind some of the discussion.

For instance, I found the anecdote about Diggersby pretty interesting but have no idea what kind of set you guys were talking about. It may seem silly to the pros out there, but just a bit of background on the type of set would go a long way for people like me. Thanks, and I should probably mention that I did still enjoy it and look forward to #2.
The Smogcasts are geared towards players with metagame experience, but we'll eventually expand our channel to have content for all skill levels! We'll try to keep this in mind though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)