YAYtears Semi-Stall Sandstorm team!

Ok so here's my average Semi-Stall sandstorm team with nice synergy.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
Tyranitar sometimes acts as my lead to set up SS and also is my counter to latios and latias. It can pursuit special attackers that don't hurt it and might get the chance to superpower something. The thing I like about CB tar is that its bulky, stong, has pursuit and crunch (where the CS one likes to run an ice move) and can cripple rank. To counter Latios, it needs to be at full health, and so rocks can be dealt with before they are dealt by two pokemon.

Doryuuzu (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Throw
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
Dory is my Sandstorm abuser. Whenever I see a ttar I send Dory out to force it out before it sets up rocks. If it has lots of defensive evs and decides to stay in, I can kill it with an adamant boosted EQ. The rest of the set is self explanatory. This guy hates bulky waters, so I have burun and Nattorei for that.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Fling
- Acrobat
Gliscor is my defencive tank and prevents me from being swept by stuff like Dory and Garchomp. Like dory, Gliscor hates bulky waters so I have buruntorei for that. I like to switch it in on scizor a lot, and the rest of the set is self explanatory.

Nattorei (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
Nattorei is my second tank and it can take even 4x effective flamethrowers! I run SR because I don't have it anywhere else, and leech seed to give it reliable recovery. Power whip hits dorys and the water types its supposed to tank, and thunder wave is awesome for my relatively slow team.

Xatu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Mirror
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
Xatu prevents rocks from being on the field. It can switch in on almost any SRer bar ttar and reflect their rocks. TTar is covered by dory which I put in the lead position when I see it. hp fire is for nattoreis, psychic are for fighting types and STAB, and again, t-wave for my slow team.

Burungeru (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SDef / 88 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Surf
- Recover
Burun is my spinblocker (I don't need one, but still it helps against stuff like blaziken), and I run a quick taunt WoW variant. The evs are there to outspeed Politoed and prevent it from toxicing it. This guy has nice synergy with my team because it can take boil overs that my nattorei is reluctant to take. WoW>boiling water because 75% is 150% more than 30%, and I actually want to do some damage. This guy acually patches up my fighting and water weaknesses well.

Note: I play on PO and planning to play on Smogon once I reach a milestone on PO. Comments on both metagames would be appreciated.

Hey how's it going? You have a nice team there i just have a couple questions/suggestions. On Dorryuzu why do you have expert belt on him? I would say a life orb would be more benificial. Life orb would still give boosts on super effective moves as well as boosts to non- super effective moves.

And second if you are going the extra mile and having a rapid spinner you might as well have Spikes to abuse along with it. As a suggestion you can drop T-Wave on Narrorei and add in spikes. I think you will be fine since your Xatu has T-Wave.

And that is it for what i can see at the moment. Sorry i couldn't do a full blown long rate.

Exper belt b/c I want to secure the 1HKO on ttar and don't like the damage it does to me (gets me easily revenged by mach punches, + I can't perform a late game sweep at 20-30% hp). I'm SR+Spikes+Leech seed is illegal. Wait where's the rapid spinner?

Nice team you have there. The first thing I see that should be changed is Dory's item. I would suggest changing it to either a life orb or preferably a balloon. The balloon gives Dory many more setup opportunities and makes it harder to take down and is especially helpful since other Dorys can't revenge you if they have balloon like they can now. On Tyranitar you might want to consider more special defense to more easily kill specs Latios and last longer in general. The spread is 252 Hp/40 Atk/216 SDef with a careful nature, but if you feel your spread is doing fine then don't change it. On Gliscor change your spread to 252 Hp/184 Def/72 Spd Impish. This spread allows you to always outspeed jolly Tyranitars and max speed adamant Brelooms. Another thing I noticed about your team is that there is a lot of status moves on your team, and while this isn't necessarily a bad thing, your team does not benifit from it that much. I would replace t-wave with protect on Nattorei. Protect works amazingly with leech seed as you can stall more effectively, gain a turn leech seed and leftovers recovery before switching out, and scout your opponent's move. The rest of your team looks fine but if you feel that t-wave on Xatu isn't needed, then reflect might be a good alternative. Overall good team and good luck

Okay I'll try balloon dory, though it might miss some KOs on ttar. Also, for ttar,
But still,
Doryuuzu@Balloon (252 EVs, +Nature) Earthquake vs Tyranitar@Choice Band (180/0 EVs, Neutral Nature): 87.5 ~ 104.1% (338 ~ 402 HP)
and thats without 252 hp evs. In addition, it threatens my whole team.
Tyranitar@Choice Band (252 EVs, +Nature) Crunch vs Rankurusu (252/252 EVs, Neutral Nature): 99 ~ 116.5% (420 ~ 494 HP)
So yeah, I prefer max atk.
I dont feel like changing the spread for Gliscor. Reason is, most ttar are defensive to counter Latios and Breloom can't do anything to Gliscor either.
On the issue of Latios,
Latios@Soul Dew (252 EVs, Neutral Nature) Draco Meteor vs Tyranitar@Choice Band (252/0 EVs, Neutral Nature): 56.6 ~ 66.8% (229 ~ 270 HP) (Sandstorm)
Without rocks, DM isn't a 2KO, and my team is oriented so that the opponent can't set up rocks.

Oh and I have been steadily laddering on PO. 1253 rating now YAY. (By the way that's a face with tears, you know, if you look closely xD)

Threats
  1. Calm Mind Virizion / Swords Dance Virizion
  2. Stall Breaking

Hey YAYtears, got your VM. Firstly, expand some of your descriptions or your thread will be locked by a moderator. Now onto the threats, it seems that you rely heavily on Doryuuzu to revenge kill a myriad of threats who would otherwise threaten the team. Such threats are, Blaziken, Borutorosu, Swords Dance Terakion. So I advise you to play cautiously with Doryuuzu, as he is the only "revenge killer" to these threats in the sand. Calm Mind Virizion and to a lesser extent, Swords Dance Virizion however are not amongst the threats that Doryuuzu can revenge kill. Calm Mind Virizion can set-up on Tyranitar's Pursuit with relative ease, and outspeed 5/6 of your team members and landing a Super Effective hit on each of them. Tyranitar and Burungeru will hate boosted Giga Drain to the face, while Doryuuzu and Nattorei will hate a +1 Focus Blast, Gliscor and Xatu will be maimed by +1 Hidden Power Ice. Swords Dance Virizion can get a Justice Heart boost by coming in on Tyranitar's Dark- type attacks, and in addition getting a Swords Dance boost, putting it at +3 Attack. From here it can OHKO every member with boosted Leaf Blade / Close Combat / Stone Edge, bar Gliscor, who takes a whooping 83% from Leaf Blade after a Justice Heart and Swords Dance boost. Stall teams also look a little troublesome to face. Xatu can only keep the hazards off the field, but doesn't do much back. In fact, there really isn't a Pokemon that can effectively shut down the opposing Stall team, and break up its defensive core. Burungeru can temporarily incapacitate the opposing Stall team with Taunt, however it can't really break apart the Stall team on its own. Stall isn't so much of a problem as it is breaking the Stall team apart.

Solutions:

• Solution A: Calm Mind Latias over Xatu
To be honest, Xatu doesn't do much for the team, other than preventing entry hazards from being set-up against the team. Nattorei can spread paralysis fine on it's own, so Xatu isn't doing much, in fact, it seems like dead weight. In its place, I think could try out a Calm Mind Latias. Calm Mind Latias is a great counter to the aforementioned Virizion, the Swords Dance as well as the Calm Mind variant. Swords Dance Virizion's STABs are resisted by Latias, while Latias can outspeed it and hit it with Psychic / Psycho Shock. Calm Mind Virizion, you can set-up alongside with and get your Special Attack and Special Defense stats to sky high levels, while Virizion won't be doing much at the end especially due to Latias carrying Recover and Virizion getting worn without any proper means to recover back its health. Virizion will eventually go down to boosted Psychic / Psycho Shock. To top it all off, Latias can act as a pHazer for the team if you'd like, using Roar to spread entry hazard damage.

• Solution B: Swords Dance + Taunt Gliscor over current set
Swords Dance + Taunt Gliscor is a great Pokemon, still capable of tanking hits from Physically inclined threats with the investment in its Physical bulk, while at the same time being able to take apart Stall teams with a little support. On Stall teams, Latias and Burungeru are the main roadblocks for Gliscor, which Tyranitar can get rid off handily. With these two removed, Gliscor can Taunt the opposition to prevent being inflicted by a status move, set-up multiple Swords Dance boosts, and take apart the opposing Stall team between Facade and Earthquake, with the hazards assisting in its sweep.

Optional Changes:

You might want to try a Jolly Nature on Doryuuzu, so if you're facing an opposing Doryuuzu you can at least get a Speed tie, instead of being guaranteed to be outsped by opposing Jolly variants. You could also try Brick Break over X-Scissor so opposing Balloon Doryuuzu can't halt your sweep.

Movesets:

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Psychic / Psycho Shock
---

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Facade / Aerial Ace
---

So to summarize:
  • Calm Mind Latias > Xatu
  • SD + Taunt Gliscor over current set
  • (Optional) Give Doryuuzu a Jolly Nature and Brick Break over X-Scissor

GL

Ok ok so for Xatu, I had t-wave on it so it wouldn't be setup bait, and I wanted to try it out. CM latias seems to be the surperior choice. On Gliscor I see taunt+SD to be superior to acrofling, really, the original set only has protect and acrofling. On the issue of dory, I was so anxious to give him both an expert belt and an adamant nature, but yeah jolly still gets the 1KO on ttar. Yeah brick break would work, or maybe even rapid spin!

Sometimes I feel like Gliscor isn't living that long without protect, and I also feel like I get setup on a lot of spikes. I also have problems with SD gliscor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)