Year of the cicada

Sure, there are cicadas around all the time in Va, too. The difference between normal cicadas and the 17 year cicadas is the sheer numbers they emerge with. As a result, the cicadas chirping will be significantly louder in the areas that are affected (and, you know, there's a shitload of bugs). You won't notice a difference, Brood II shouldn't reach Alabama.
Eh, I'd rather have that than all the lovebugs we get.

Even in Arizona we have a bunch of cicadas. The thing that always bothered me is how you could be right by the tree they are at and not see a single one. It only takes a couple to make a lot of noise. Imagine this swarm 0.0

How will I prepare? By staying inside on my laptop every day. Not like this is different from my average life, but ah well.

Edit:

man when i saw this title i thought there was a cicada pokemon in xy being released and this was some kind of great kakuna man type thread
Nincada?

Goddamn Nincadas and Ninjasks.

I remember when I was like 10 or so I was at a relative's house, and there was a cicada shell on the side of the tree and it freaked the everliving fuck out of me. Ahh well, now that I know these things are harmless, it won't be too bad (but still fuckin' creepy to see bugs that size in such big swarms).

If it helps you guys over there, stock up on good old entry hazards for these bastards. Stealth Rock is popular I hear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)