Metagame Your Favorite Teams of the Generation

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Handful of favourite teams of mine, as a new player trying to learn OU post Zygarde ban. Found these teams or similar styles roaming around during OLT, so apologies if I dont credit the builders, I dont know who they are.

1 - Charizard Y + TtarDrill core. Most versions I came across ran AV ttar more effectively but I had a blast with band. Dual defog helped Zard a lot, and fini somewhat preventing a definite ash gren 6-0. Only complaint I have is some offence teams with rotom + rockium chomp were rough, hence Z impact drill instead of steelium.
Paste: https://pokepast.es/e3ae88785386efab

2 - Koko screens with 5 setup mons, brainless fun that helped me learn quick =] some variants had LO greninja which was also great
Paste: https://pokepast.es/0730d3b5c65c5bb3

3 - This team is one I made several days after Zygarde ban. My team building wasn't perfect but this got me to 1700-1800 range relatively quickly. It doesn't perform well now, but it did its job during its time.
Paste: https://pokepast.es/01bfcc18e3234e65

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
started playing this year after zyg ban, so these are the three main teams i've used

:magearna: :landorus-therian: :gyarados: :greninja: :kartana: :tapu-lele:
https://pokepast.es/5d354fd4943b53cc
ho by xtra, 5 wincons and a rocks boom lando, fun and fast paced. pretty much my first real ou team

:venusaur: :garchomp: :tapu-fini: :celesteela: :greninja: :landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/122a9907aa685eca
some balance i used in ghosting tour, don't know who made it. fini and venu became two of my fav mons to use after this

:heatran: :greninja: :mawile: :zapdos: :landorus-therian: :hydreigon:
https://pokepast.es/76acdbc4ae2db5a3
mawile balance by ske, just a super fun team to use and sd+sucker maw is strong asf. I just spam this in ou roomtours now alongside swinub teams

bonus:
:kommo-o: :gyarados: :tapu-lele: :hawlucha: :tapu-koko: :landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/117a40e1c0d34488
some trash i threw together. fun asf. some ladder guy i gave it to apparently got to 1900 with it but it isn't very good. "heavily influenced" by xtra's ho

Long time player here having been around since early XY and the one who runs break this team. Might as well post the team I used most this gen so you can see my poor skills. Haven't had much time because IRL stuff but this team and a Mawile/Magerna have served me well proving great for laddering or the occasional tourney. Tools like Volt Turn, Duel Trick users, Pup bunny and of course T-wave Calm mind clef have proven flexable and fun with only a few truly bad match ups such as Volcarona or the recent manaphy rain thats monstered the ladder.

Overall I just enjoy the style of play this team offers me

Sets
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Icy Wind
- Trick

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Trick

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Explanation:
What is there to say that While I built this team its probably fairly typical of a lopunny Goon squads Consisting of Mega Bunny while aided by Gengar and Clefable in addition to a volt switch core enabling easier predictions. Mega bunny uses PUP as opposed to elemental punches for 4th move to make toxapex and other fat mons easier to break While Clef does the T-wave + Calm mind thing everyone enjoys while gengar breaks stall. From there Lando sets up hazards and is adamant to get past standard clefable while Jirachi acts as a revenge killer. Rotom Rounds out the team. Gengar and Jirachi both possess trick to help handle unusual match ups, cripple set up/Fat mons.

Team is fairly solid but the omni presence of Ash Gren and Rain teams have proven a consistent annoyance and I for one absolutely hate volcarona especially fat varients.

♪ FRIENDS
I'll be the first to say it. This team is not good. Especially in the current meta. I built this like a month or two before rain started to gain even more traction, and as you can see by quickly glancing at these six, Mega Swampert feasts all over this team. That being said, I think this is still one of my best builds and I'm really proud of it in spite of it's shortcomings. Triple setup between Magearna, Volcarona, and Mega Latias is really oppresive and this team uses quite a few tools to help pave the way for Volcarona. Like I said it's not a great team but I think it could have worked in a few instances, especially back then when I made it. This team is my favorite for another reason, though. I think it symbolises my growth on Smogon. I went from posting on Pet Mods to contributing to OU, to getting into QC, and to building an alright team, albeit with a few glaring weaknesses, that did get showcased and I even spotted it once or twice in the ladder, and now this is my 2500th post. I didn't go from zero to hero, but I went from zero to little. And that's fine with me! I wanna thank all of my friends from Smogon, PS! and Discord and I'm really grateful for SM for being the generation that enabled this growth of mine. It was a chaotic generation but I'll miss it! Now onto SS, see you all then :)

:Ampharos-Mega: :Clefable: :Ferrothorn: :Heatran: :Kyurem-Black: :Latios:
I am Number 7 (Ampharos-Mega) (M) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
Shiny: Yes
Pokeball: friendball
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Pokeball: moonball
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Pokeball: pokeball
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Heatran (M) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
Pokeball: masterball
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
Some stupid team my friend 737373elj built around his favourite Pokemon Mega Ampharos. It’s actually pretty fun to use even if you don’t win very often. You spread paralysis with Clefable and Ferrothorn, Smash Ground, Fairy, Ice and Dragons with Kyurem-Black and Heatran, switch to Latios to set Tailwind then go with Amphy and sweep. Oftentimes it doesn’t work but you have fun. And Amphy is surprisingly bulky, taking even weak super effective hits comfortably. And when it does work, it’s spectacular as Amphy’s ridiculous 165 SpA coupled with multiple high power moves make quick work.
Trivia: Mega Ampharos’ Thunderbolt can OHKO Toxapex after Stealth Rocks.
Yeah stupid but fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)