"You're Bluffing" OU RMT

Here Goes:

I have been playing competitively for quite some time now. And believe it or not, I kinda started playing UU before I played OU. Sort-of... When I started, I had a really crappy OU that never won battles, but then I created a UU team, and I was BEAST at that tier. Anyways, I am pretty much NEW to OU, besides the two failed attempts in the past at making OU teams, so I started Fresh, and made a team right before I took a two week break. When I got back from the break, I looked at the team, and took it out for a battle. My score with it is currently 4 wins-3 losses. Also, be nice, I made this team my self and I really need help. Also, bare with my, I am not Super Knowledgable when it comes to OU threats and stuff and what counters them, but I do know a bit.

At A Glance

Changes In BOLD.

The Lead!

Azelf @ Focus Sash (Smurf)
Levitate
4 Atk/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Speed
Naive
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Psychic
-Explosion

This has to be one of my favorite leads ever, I have used him sooo many times and very rarely will this guy fail. We all know what he does. I taunt the first turn if the foe is a Hazard setter, if not, I'll just set up my Stealth Coc... I mean Rocks, and Psychic or Explode. I have switched up Grass Knot for Psychic. Grass Knot isn't the best idea considering I have Taunt so Swamperts will be crippled for a couple turns unless the switch out.

Synergy:
Ghost-Heatran
Dark-Heatran
Bug-Heatran, Gyarados, Gengar

(This Guy doesn't really need any Synergy anyways...)

SubSweeper!

Heatran@Life Orb (Speedy)
Flash Fire
252 Sp.Atk/4 Atk/252 Spd
Naive
-Substitute
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Explosion

Ahhh, this is my first time using this Pokemon, and I LOVE him. He looks cool, he's super strong, got a couple sweeps with this guy. Considering most of these things are (were?) Scarfed, he forces a lot of switches, allowing me to get a Sub up with him. Fire Blast for stab, Earth Power for type coverage, and I chose Explosion over a Hidden Power, because I do like going out with a bang, and it deals with those BulkyWaters that it doesn't like too much. So pretty much its a gaurenteed kill (Not allways...)

Synergy:
Ground-Azelf, Gyarados, Celebi, Gengar. (Kinda got that one covered.)
Water-Celebi, Gyarados, Swampert.
Fighting- Azelf, Celebi, Gyarados, Gengar.

Choice Bander!

Gyarados@Choice Band (Gayrados)
Intimidate
180Hp/252 Atk/76 Def
Adamant
-Waterfall
-Payback
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

As you guys may have already figured out (Or will), I kinda like to use un-expectable/Not Often Used sets. Something that will suprise the enemy. And this guy has not given me any reasons to get rid of him. He provides great Synergy for my team, and always manages to get rid of one enemy Pokemon. Now that I think of it, he doesn't have great synergy... Anyways! Moveset is pretty standard. Its got STAB, and great type coverage. Gyarados is such a cool Poke, I just love using him. Intimidate is one of the best Abilitys because I can often come in on resisted Physical attacks and whip out a Waterfall to crush something. I switched up the EVS a bit to give my Gyara a bit more Bulk, instead of having almost useless Speed EVS.

Synergy:
Electric-Swampert, Celebi.
Rock-Swampert (Kinda)

Special Wall/LeechSeeder!

Celebi@Leftovers (Shesi)
Natural Cure
252 Hp/220 Sp.Def/36 Spd
Careful
-Leaf Storm
-Leech Seed
-T-Wave
-Recover

Ever since I saw one of these things be used by Casadorperfect, I really wanted to use one. Leech Seed and T-Wave are the main moves on this set. Leech Seed I found is REALLY affective on Walls and things that may give me trouble, and T-Wave is an amazing move to cripple those Speedy Pokes that may give me some trouble. The original set is Physically Defensive, but Special works better in my case. Originally, I had Grass Knot on this Celebi, but Leaf Storm I think might work out better. The only problem is the Stat drop. Another wonderfull thing about this Pokemon is that it can absorb status and then just switch to cure itself. The only problem with status absorbing, is that smart players might predict me to switch to cure myself.

Synergy:
Bug-Gyarados, Heatran, Gengar.
Ghost-Heatran.
Dark-Heatran.
Fire-Heatran, Gyarados, Swampert.
Flying-Heatran.

LO/RevengeKiller

Gengar@Life Orb (NastyPlot?)
Levitate
4 Hp/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
Timid
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-FocusBlast
-DestinyBond

Gengar is so epic. I've always loved this guy. He provides great synergy and has it too. Specs Shadow ball does enormous chunks into anything that isn't a Normal type. The moveset is pretty standard for all Gengars, with one exception, Destiny Bond. This is one of the best moves in the game IMO. If there is a Poke that is reallly dangerous to your team, it can be taken out by Destiny Bond. The only problem is you may not be FAST enough. So I switched Modest with Timid, so It can be a more affective Choicer/Revenge Killer. Outspeed moar stuff, you know? Synergy:
Ghost:Heatran
Dark:Heatran
Psychic:Heatran, Celebi, Azelf.

PhysicalWall...Thingy..

Swampert@Leftovers (OldGreg)
Torrent
252 Hp/252 Def/4 Sp.Def
Relaxed
-Toxic
-Protect
-MirrorCoat
-Counter/Waterfall

An original set I came up with. I love the idea of Counter and MirrorCoat (Not necessarily together) and also Toxic Stall. So anyways, moveset: Toxic for making things all sick and stuff so they wear down, Protect for stalling it out AND for general Scouting. Scouting by Protect is SOOOO usefull, especially when I know the Poke is Choiced in some way. Anyways, MirrorCoat for Special Attack that will get my down to low health, and hit them back with a MirrorCoat.
Now, Counter is my main concern, I think personally I should switch back for Waterfall, because Waterfall is gaurenteed damage.

Synergy:
Grass:Celebi, Heatran, Gengar.

Thanks for reading and stuff, please give me some suggestions, and some money:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:.

No but seriously thanks for reading.

First for Azelf, its better to go for Fire Blast or Psychic over Grass Knot. Grass Knot is only for taking out Swampert and if you Taunt them, there is nothing they can do but Ice Beam for 3-4HKO. Try this set:

(Shiny) Azelf @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
-Psychic/Fire Blast
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Explosion

Psychic is for hitting Infernape, Machamp, and a strong STAB move while Fire Blast hits Metagross. Taunt to prevent rocks and other moves, Stealth Rock for entry hazards, and Explosion to blow up on something.

THE MOST IMPORTANT CHANGE ON AZELF: MAKE IT SHINY

Gengar gets outsped by alot of things if you go for Modest. It'd be an all right option if it was bulky, but its not, so always go for Timid unless you run Scarf.

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Destiny Bond/Trick

How about trying Trick? Blissey loves to come in on this, and if you can predict the Bliss switch in, you can permanently cripple it with a Choice Specs making it much easier to take it out.

I personally think bulky Gyarados works better (you can still use your CB). Gyarados doesn't get to outspeed that many pokemon with out Dragon Dance, so how about trying this?

Gyarados @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
EVs: 180 HP/252 Atk/76 Def
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Payback
-Stone Edge

This means you can take hits from both sides. Gyarados has good Sp. Defense so you don't need investment. Intimidate + HP and Defense EVs means you can take lots of physical attacks as well.

Good team overall. Good luck!

-ShinyAzelf

Ololol, I like how you put "(Shiny)Azelf..."

Anyways, now that I think about it, Grass Knot WAS super dumb considering I had Taunt... Silly me.

But yeah, Bulky Gyarados sounds like a great idea! Its a good compromise, it's a powerhouse but now I have some Bulk instead of barely helpful Speed EVS!

And yes, I'll be switching Modest for Timid on the Gar, and I might consider Trick. I have used trick with Revenge killers and lead Mesprits, and I've liked it a lot!

Anyways, thanks for the Rate and getting this RMT going!!

Specs Gengar is more of an attacker than a revenger. Gengars problem is his incredible frailty. He has issues with being outsped by scarfers, and of course being revenged easily by pursuiters. For this reason I recommend doing one of two things: altering his set or switching to Specs Jolteon.

Jolteon @ Specs
252 satk / 252 spe / 4hp
Modest
-Thunderbolt
-Baton Pass
-HP Grass
-Shadow Ball

or

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Modest
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Trick
HP Fire

or

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Destiny Bond

Keep the same evs.

Lucien, good point, but after he Taunts, he can switch to Celebi in that case, if he does have Waterfall.

MrAceUU, I realised that you use Leaf Storm on Celebi, but you may need to keep on attacking and stay in at times, so Energy Ball or Grass Knot would be better in that slot.

-ShinyAzelf

Lucien, good point, but after he Taunts, he can switch to Celebi in that case, if he does have Waterfall.

MrAceUU, I realised that you use Leaf Storm on Celebi, but you may need to keep on attacking and stay in at times, so Energy Ball or Grass Knot would be better in that slot.

-ShinyAzelf
Well, I initially tried to use Grass knot, but it failed, HARD. And considering my Celebi is used to ware down pokes with Leech Seed, I think a big damaging attack would be more affect.

Specs Gengar is more of an attacker than a revenger. Gengars problem is his incredible frailty. He has issues with being outsped by scarfers, and of course being revenged easily by pursuiters. For this reason I recommend doing one of two things: altering his set or switching to Specs Jolteon.

Jolteon @ Specs
252 satk / 252 spe / 4hp
Modest
-Thunderbolt
-Baton Pass
-HP Grass
-Shadow Ball

or

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Modest
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Trick
HP Fire

or

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Destiny Bond

Keep the same evs.

Think I am going to try out the LO set, even if it isn't as powerfull. Thanks for the help guys!!

Your swampert becomes set up fodder to steels and other poisun imnityies very easily. If the realize you are using a counter coat set, Skarmory, cmjirachi, subheatran, sd breloom, subgengar, submagmezone, empoleon, agiligross, tentacruel, and roserade all set up in your face with ease. At the very least switch in water fall. I would put roar in there to.

Guys, we should really remind ourselves that Gengar right now needs Substitute in order to succeed as its defenses are getting it... Nowhere even with investment (Calm Gengar? lol. Bold? roflmao). The current OU metagame is not kind to Gengar that don't have Substitute.

Right now, your team has no safe switchin to Scizor besides Gyarados... And Scizor is known as OU's most infamous U-turn spammer. This means that though you will reply Gyarados and Heatran are safe switches, the ability of Scizor to just U-turn out to a direct counter to either will constantly keep you on the defensive. To remedy this, at least partially, I would change Gengar's set. Drop Thunderbolt and Destiny Bond for Substitute and HP Fire.

You. Want. Celebi. To. Be. Physically defensive. Why? Mainly because Tyranitar, especially Scarfed ones, can revenge every member on this team save Swampy. You want to cripple it with T-wave then GTFO to someone that can comfortably take the second Crunch like Gyara. Swap the nature for- For- Wait WHAT? Careful? You DO know that's cutting Special Attack, right? Swap the nature for Bold and put the 220 EVs from special defense into defense.

I'm really not sure what Swampert is doing on this team. Cursepert isn't effective in this metagame and you already have Azelf to set up rocks. You need a water-type for extra Scizor insurance; to keep with the defensive nature of your Swampert, I'll replace it with a Crocune set.

Suicune @ Leftovers
252 HP/216 Defense/40 Special Attack
Bold

-Surf
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Calm Mind

With two Calm Minds not even Specs Jolteon can 2HKO this Suicune.

Oh, and screw shiny Pokemon. Keep everything normal, and I'll wuv you <33333

Guys, we should really remind ourselves that Gengar right now needs Substitute in order to succeed as its defenses are getting it... Nowhere even with investment (Calm Gengar? lol. Bold? roflmao). The current OU metagame is not kind to Gengar that don't have Substitute.

Right now, your team has no safe switchin to Scizor besides Gyarados... And Scizor is known as OU's most infamous U-turn spammer. This means that though you will reply Gyarados and Heatran are safe switches, the ability of Scizor to just U-turn out to a direct counter to either will constantly keep you on the defensive. To remedy this, at least partially, I would change Gengar's set. Drop Thunderbolt and Destiny Bond for Substitute and HP Fire.

You. Want. Celebi. To. Be. Physically defensive. Why? Mainly because Tyranitar, especially Scarfed ones, can revenge every member on this team save Swampy. You want to cripple it with T-wave then GTFO to someone that can comfortably take the second Crunch like Gyara. Swap the nature for- For- Wait WHAT? Careful? You DO know that's cutting Special Attack, right? Swap the nature for Bold and put the 220 EVs from special defense into defense.

I'm really not sure what Swampert is doing on this team. Cursepert isn't effective in this metagame and you already have Azelf to set up rocks. You need a water-type for extra Scizor insurance; to keep with the defensive nature of your Swampert, I'll replace it with a Crocune set.

Suicune @ Leftovers
252 HP/216 Defense/40 Special Attack
Bold

-Surf
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Calm Mind

With two Calm Minds not even Specs Jolteon can 2HKO this Suicune.

Oh, and screw shiny Pokemon. Keep everything normal, and I'll wuv you <33333

Kay, I will switch up Gengars moveset and test it out. And I'll switch up the Celebi. I didn't realize it took away SpAtk...

But one thing, you said CursePert wasn't affective... Well, see, I'm not using one. I am using an Original set that I AM keeping because in every team I have, I must have one original Pokemon. And I am really not a huge fan of Sleeptalk.I dunnoo. Maybe I'll try Crocune down the road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)