Done YouTube Channel Database

Kie

big
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
The YouTube room currently has a few unique commands at its disposal, one of the notable ones to the room being the .randchannel feature. It's become an integral part of the room for a very long time now. After a few recent hiccups with the bot and the feature, biggest one being channels randomly being deleted from the database (going from well over 200(?) channels to now about 4), it was made clear that the command was not going to be updated for a very long time now; which is going to severely hinder the room's progress. I've spoken to HH about the issue, with there being 2 solutions; one of them being to have it as a command/function to PS!.

These are the commands the bot currently use for it:
.addchannel channel id, [username] - Adds a channel to the database. Channel ID is the part of the URL specific to one's channel. Username is the PS username of the channel owner. Omit the username argument if this is a channel that isn't owned by a PS user. Requires @ or #
.removechannel channel id - Removes the channel with this channel id from the database. Requires @ or #
.updatechannel channel id, new username - Updates the PS username attached to the channel with the given channel id. Requires @ or #
.randchannel - Displays a random channel from the database. Requires + to use in chat, and works for everyone in PM
.viewchannels - Sends you a link to view all the channels in the database. By default only shows channels of PS users, however shows all channels if the command .viewchannels all is used. Requires + to use in chat, and works for everyone in PM.

The bot also displays the channels in the database automatically every so often (similarly to a bot .repeat), though I'm fairly certain this was set and there's no current way to edit this. It would also be nice to have a randchannel repeat function to add on it, so we can set it how often channels will appear in the room, and also be able to toggle it on or off. If this is to be added, could we have it set to # only.

If I'm missing anything from this, which is most likely since it's a fairly big function, please feel free to let me know or automatically adjust these to suit it.

tagging HoeenHero since he's cool.

edit: This suggestion is to make it into a chat plugin instead of the current bot command.

Last edited:

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
This seems fairly interesting and not overly complex to handle. Should it be approved, i'd be willing and interested in taking it on.
Edit: working on it now.

Last edited:
The YouTube room currently has a few unique commands at its disposal, one of the notable ones to the room being the .randchannel feature. It's become an integral part of the room for a very long time now. After a few recent hiccups with the bot and the feature, biggest one being channels randomly being deleted from the database (going from well over 200(?) channels to now about 4), it was made clear that the command was not going to be updated for a very long time now; which is going to severely hinder the room's progress. I've spoken to HH about the issue, with there being 2 solutions; one of them being to have it as a command/function to PS!.

These are the commands the bot currently use for it:
.addchannel channel id, [username] - Adds a channel to the database. Channel ID is the part of the URL specific to one's channel. Username is the PS username of the channel owner. Omit the username argument if this is a channel that isn't owned by a PS user. Requires @ or #
.removechannel channel id - Removes the channel with this channel id from the database. Requires @ or #
.updatechannel channel id, new username - Updates the PS username attached to the channel with the given channel id. Requires @ or #
.randchannel - Displays a random channel from the database. Requires + to use in chat, and works for everyone in PM
.viewchannels - Sends you a link to view all the channels in the database. By default only shows channels of PS users, however shows all channels if the command .viewchannels all is used. Requires + to use in chat, and works for everyone in PM.

The bot also displays the channels in the database automatically every so often (similarly to a bot .repeat), though I'm fairly certain this was set and there's no current way to edit this. It would also be nice to have a randchannel repeat function to add on it, so we can set it how often channels will appear in the room, and also be able to toggle it on or off. If this is to be added, could we have it set to # only.

If I'm missing anything from this, which is most likely since it's a fairly big function, please feel free to let me know or automatically adjust these to suit it.

tagging HoeenHero since he's cool.

edit: This suggestion is to make it into a chat plugin instead of the current bot command.
(Youtube @)
Purely to add to what Kie's already said regarding the bot's current features, it should be noted that the channel of the week function is a plugin too; if both functions become plugin based we could create better links between them and potentially make life easier for regs and auth alike.
Examples:
- Automatically add COTW winners to the database
- Automatically pull data from DB to the COTW if the channel already exists
- Keep better track of what channel's been COTW in the recent weeks

These aren't the most important features obviously, but if it gets approved as a plugin features, these are 3 very simple ways that the youtube prove could improve its functioning.

Asheviere

Banned deucer.
Oh if you're going to add this, you can also port .link to PS itself (should be trivial). I think it's one of the most handy bot commands, and it could be a little flashier in a chat plugin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)