YouTube embedding?

It seems like smogon hates clutter, but is there a YouTube embedding function that could be enabled? It would allow me to spice up my music thread a bit, and allow for embedding battle videos. Thanks for any consideration.

yea that's exactly how it works. Your thread didn't come up in the forum search though so mah bad.

here's a thread where it works well I think.

If smogon is running same version of Vbulletin or whatever the option probably just needs to be enabled. I'm on 3 other forums that use the [youtube]'everythingafterthe=here[/youtube] format.

it's a nice feature because you don't have to keep jumping to another tab when checking youtube links, you can keep it all in the thread your viewing.

and honestly I've never experienced any 'clunkyness' when loading them :B

It's nice that your internet and computer are of the quality where you don't experience browser lock-ups due to multiple flash loaders on a web page. It's too bad that a lot of people can't quite say the same. My stance really hasn't changed since the last time this was brought up; we shouldn't include these tags because it hurts more people than it helps. Just use a URL, man; it's no less/more work for you and it doesn't make your thread any worse/better.

Well I used to have that problem on my old Pentium IV and before I upgraded the ram the firefox add-on java/flash script blocker prevented that problem pretty handily. (it blocks adds too). That way people who want to can use it. It can always be blocked if people don't want to use it, but the reverse can't really be said. Just my personal opinion on the matter. It's not just for my personal thread though, but for forum experience in general :B

Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You have to keep in mind that it's 2011 and lots of us are browsing Smogon on our phones which really aren't going to like embedded Flash videos!

O:

I thought that's what mobile skins were for bro. :B

But mah iPad's doing just fine, yes sir. *smugsmugsmug*

*edit*

But yea I wouldn't expect a mobile skin created just for youtube embed.

That is just silly.

1. There should be a mobile skin anyway, which has been brought up before. I don't know what became of that but mobile vB skins are a dime a dozen, iirc.

2. Flash is not natively supported on the iPad. There are apps and utilities but, yeah, it isn't native. So good luck with that.

1. There should be a mobile skin anyway, which has been brought up before. I don't know what became of that but mobile vB skins are a dime a dozen, iirc.

2. Flash is not natively supported on the iPad. There are apps and utilities but, yeah, it isn't native. So good luck with that.
Sweet, so that means when the mobile skin is up we can enable youtube embedding right? :heart:

My iPad problems are already solved. I can irc chat just fine via mibbet even, though ipad typing is kinda meh till you get used to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)