ZamaH + Ghost spam BO (Peaked 1651 so far)

https://pokepast.es/3e58e5305613fc9f

Quick explanation of each team memeber:

Zamazenta-Hero
Very strong and also tanky breaker/late game sweeper. Sub is for safety against status and lets me set up easier/deal more damage before switching out on a check not named Dragapult. Speaking of Pult, Crunch is coverage for a 2hko Pult and Gholdengo because this Zama outright loses to them without it. ZamaH makes Kingambit and Ursaluna a bit more bearable, no pun intended.

Great Tusk
Does Tusk really need an explanation? I'm weighing Ice Spinner over Bulk Up as a possible option to hit things like LandoT/Enam/Dnite/opposing Tusk. Great answer to Sun with Protosynthesis and water tera. These EVs were chosen specifically to outspeed Valiant and Cinderace after 1 rapid spin, and to take max 99.5% from neutral Valiant's Moonblast.

Landorus-Therian
Good old Lando. Lost a few tools this gen but he's still Landorus-T. Specially defensive with water tera acts as a bulwark against rain who I'm weak to without, as well as an answer to Walking Wake on sun who is an absolute menace otherwise. Threatens Corviknight and Zapdos as well as Enamorus with Smack Down, and serves the much-needed role of a comparatively slower and bulkier pivot. Frees up space on Tusk and Tran for rocks because they had to go somewhere.

Heatran
Tran lost toxic this gen but Wisp is nice compensation. Tran is arguably even better than in past gens now due to having access to grass tera to shrug off EQ and put in work against rain (assuming Zapdos has been dealt with, I usually pick either Tran, Lando or Tusk to tera depending on what rain abusers they have)

Dragapult
Specs pult is a fantastic sball spammer and can nuke some pretty significant threats with Dmeteor. Flamethrower is here for one reason: Kingambit. The King is pretty scary if you're underprepared. Besides the best speed in OU and 2 excellent STABs, Pult has something else going for it in a major way, that being Infiltrator. Screw your subs and screens.

Gholdengo
Scarf Gholdengo is way better than it has any right to be in this meta. Debating over Focus Blast as a replacement for Plot but I have answers to Gambit otherwise. With a scarf Gholdy outspeeds opposing Pult, Valiant and Valiant if they lack a scarf or other speed boost and can ohko all of these. And this is very significant as those are three of the biggest threats to Zama. Gholdengo also can trick its scarf onto a wall if the speed is no longer needed. Clodsire and Garganacl are major roadblocks and I need to preserve at least one of my ghosts for Dondozo. Skeledirge is annoying, albeit not to the same degree.

Major threats:

Rain: the reason half my Tera types are specifically geared towards covering my water weakness. Basculegion male and Zapdos are especially scary. Tera ice Thundurus is also an issue.

Sun: Walking Wake, Roaring Moon and Lilligant-H are all threats but can be played around. It becomes a game of who can take what hit and hit back for at least a 2hko without dying. Lando covers Wake, Tran deals with Hilligant, Moon is the worst to deal with on sun though.

Trick room: Wouldn't be a problem at all if Ursaluna didn't exist, and the biggest reason I'm glad ZamaH didn't get banned. If I'm not extremely careful Luna will typically take out 2 of my team.

Baxcalibur in general: What can I say, it's a really good mon. My answers to it are Zama and Ghold but if it gets off more than one ddance I'm just dead.

Replays: coming soon, I need to dig up a few links I saved.

Great Team! Looking forwards to seeing you on the ladder (i'm 1720 :boi:).

General Improvements:

Set Changes:

Change :Gholdengo:'s set from :choice-scarf: to the air balloon set. This set as recently seen a spike in usage while scarf is falling down. It kinda sucks for both of you ghost attackers to be choice locked so, I recommend a bulky set because it fits your team more (needing to check :Baxcalibur:.) Bulky air balloon gold can help keep hazards up (rocks from lando) and also walls :Baxcalibur: for one hit and you can OHKO :Baxcalibur: with no investment. Let me give you the quick rundown of the set. Max hp and phys def with a boosting nature makes :gholdengo: as bulky as possible now providing a blanket check to :zamazenta: (if no drops occur, then it takes 32~ percent from crunches.) And also a much needed check to :Baxcalibur: for your team. This set also has many other good matchups with its nice bulk and provides a better matchup against stall. Make it Rain and Shadow Ball are just normal stabs, nasty plot to set up on mons that can't touch :gholdengo:or to predict a switch and recover to stay healthy as a defensive wall. This set is a great fit for your team and provides a resist to ice without needing to waste tera. Set is down below.

:gholdengo:'s balloon ---> https://pokepast.es/325d84156207f1b1

Small Changes:

Change :zamazenta:'s tera type to steel. This provides resistances to its weaknesses like fairy and flying. While tera dark helps hit ghost types, you are just exposing yourself you a switch eg :iron-valiant: who 4x resists your crunch. Then can kill back with moonblast.

Swap Bulk-Up for Ice Spinner on :great-tusk:. You already have a setup sweeper in :zamazenta: so there is no need to have bulk up on :geat-tusk: as its redundant. Ice Spinner hits :landorus-therian:, :great-tusk: and :dragonite: as well as other various ice weaks.

Swap Smack Down on :landorus-therian: for grass knot. It does massive damage to it as tusk is very heavy. Also checks :Garganacl: too. Smack down is a wtf move.

Swap Will-O-Wisp on :heatran: for Stealth Rock. From what it looks like, heatran is your primary spd wall. Don't need to put more stress on :heatran: then needed. You already have very good phys def core of mons like :zamazenta:, :landorus: and :great-tusk:. So, if your opponent switches into a phys attacker, then you can always just switch into your many walls. Stealth-Rock is always good for chip as it hits all types unless its heavy duty boots but that also helps for set scouting.

Notes:

As you said, your team is very weak to rain. All of your walls can't really take constant rain boosted attacks. You can remedy this by swapping :zamazenta: for :walking wake:. It has a quad resist to water which solves your water problem and also can setup on them with agility and sub. This solution also works for sun.

For trick-room, you just need to stall out the turns. Against :ursaluna: Just cycle between :great-tusk: and :Landorus-theiran:. If you also subbed :zamazenta: for :walking-wake:, you can just stall out the turns and then hit it with big damage. Try to predict if :ursaluna: is going to facade or eq.

Thats it! Hope this helped and I'm looking towards to seeing you on the ladder! Go get em!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)