Other Metagames zap [electric monotype]

Introduction

Hello monotypers! Most people here probably wont recognize me but I've been around the monotype room as an ocelot a bit. One day I happened to stumble across an electric user not using an Ampharos or Luxray as his Mega Sableye check and instead, using an electro ball Mega Manectric. The idea of using Mega Manectric as a Mega Sableye check intrigued me and so I wanted to make my own version of it, hence this team.

Teambuilding Process

The team started off with Mega Manectric. Using the standard set, but replacing thunderbolt with electro ball gave me a decent enough Mega Sableye check. The next thing I did was steal borrow Tesla's electric team and replace Mega Ampharos (Rotom-W / Magnezone / Eelektross / Thundurus / Zapdos). After testing the team out I felt that Rotom-C would work in the Rotom slot to really improve the ground matchup, and Magnezone was changed to a choice specs set. After losing a few matches due to Eelektross being to slow Thundurus was changed to a physical set, letting the team reach the version its currently at.
The Team

Megaman (Manectric-Mega) (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Electro Ball

- Flamethrower

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Volt Switch

Mega Manectric is the reason this team was formed. It acts as a nice volt switcher, and its albeit shallow movepool gives it something to hit with a majority of the time. Electro ball is the star of the show here, being able to 2HKO Mega Sableye at +1 letting me forgo Mega Ampharos or Luxray. Modest gives me a 100% chance of achieving said 2HKO, and I haven't had moments were I would have appreciated the extra speed of timid over the added power of modest.
252+ SpA Mega Manectric Electro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 246-289 (80.9 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Manectric Electro Ball (150 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 163-193 (53.6 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO​

Cut Man (Rotom-Mow) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
Rotom-Mow was the second addition to the team to provide a solid ground stab capable of OHKOing mixed defensive Hippowdon. This little monster has almost no switchins on ground barring neutralities like SpDef Gliscor which only survives the 3HKO if it uses roost and has to be careful of switching into Will o Wisp. Trick is saving grace in matches were an incedibulky pokemon makes an appearance, locking defensive things into a move or forcing them out. The moveset is pretty standard and provides a nice spore and sleep powder switchin as well.
252+ SpA Rotom-C Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 456-536 (108.5 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 377-445 (89.7 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Metal Man (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sturdy
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Flash Cannon

- Thunderbolt
Magnezone is an amazing cannon who, when gifted free turns, can wreck havoc on opposing teams. Max speed lets it outspeed certain slower fairies and nail them with STAB moves with sturdy chosen to let it do something against ground and fire teams. HP Ice is used to surprise 4x weak pokemon that expect the analytic set like Mega Garchomp and Landorus.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Sylveon: 344-408 (87.9 - 104.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cradily: 296-350 (78.7 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I COULD BE BANNED (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog
The standard Zapdos set, not much else to say. A physically defensive set is used due to personal preference, however a specially defensive set is equally viable. The defensive stats of Zapdos let it really annoy quite a few pokemon, and defog lets it clear hazards for the team.​

Elec Man (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Superpower

- Wild Charge

- Grass Knot

- Thunder Wave
Physical Thundurus. The best physical attacker electric has to offer, its high speed and great coverage as well as good attacking stats and the multitude of sets it can run make Thundurus a bit unpredictable. Physical Thundurus acts as a fast physical attacker that takes care of fast dark, steel and normal type pokemon that Eelektross or Luxray would get outsped by. Grass knot acts as a secondary grass move for pesky water grounds, and thunder wave can act as an emergency check to attackers that rely on their high speed to break teams.
4 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Swampert: 421-499 (123 - 145.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Hydreigon: 380-447 (116.9 - 137.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 421-499 (104.2 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Snake Man (Eelektross) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Iron Tail
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
Eelektross acts as a secondary physical attacker. AV Eelektross can counter and check quite a few attackers such as normals Chansey + Porygon2 core, Mega Diancie, Volcarona and more. The set itself is Tesla's set and not much has been changed.
252+ Atk Eelektross Rock Slide vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 472-556 (143.4 - 168.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Eelektross Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 328-386 (51 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Eelektross Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 204 Def Porygon2: 146-174 (39.1 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO​

Conclusion & Importable
Mega Manectric and Rotom-C are some decently underrated pokemon right now, as Mega Ampharos is considered electric's premier check to Mega Sableye and Rotom-Wash has whats considered a better typing. However Megaman and Rotom-C are both fun pokemon to use, thank you for any feedback and for reading my rmt. And now, our butts.

Megaman (Manectric-Mega) (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Electro Ball
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Cut Man (Rotom-Mow) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Metal Man (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sturdy
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

I COULD BE BANNED (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Elec Man (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave

Snake Man (Eelektross) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Iron Tail
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Last edited:
Hey dude, this is a pretty creative team! I love that it's different compared to normal electric teams, and Electro Ball Mega Manectric I'd a pretty interesting concept, and looks very fun to play around with. The only real suggestion I would give you is Thunderbolt>Wild Charge on Thundy, I feel like Wild Charge in conjunction with LO is a lot of recoil, and I think a generally mixed set could work out for you better. Cudos tho, I really like this team bud!

Last edited:

BlackJak

formerly Balanced Break
Hey man cool team you got here. It's nice to see a change of pace and some creativity in a type such as electric. The magnetic mega set is really cool. Nice work.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)