Rejected Zenith Marshadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User 594026

Banned deucer.
Every time Marshadow attacks or gets worked up, it should switch it's appearence to Zenith Marshadow. Here is how this battle feature works in main series games:
Zenith Marshadow is a variant and feature canon to the franchise – it would be a good addition to PS! given it's objective to respect the way the main series games' battle mechanics work.

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
This is purely aesthetic and counts as an ingame animation, Zenith Marshadow is not an alternative form, similar to Overdrive Zekrom, Reshiram or White/Black Kyurem.
PS uses its own animation and doesn't include aesthetic changes on Pokemon during said animations, so I doubt Zenith Marshadow will be implemented when regular Marshadow uses any move.

Deleted User 594026

Banned deucer.
This is purely aesthetic and counts as an ingame animation, Zenith Marshadow is not an alternative form, similar to Overdrive Zekrom, Reshiram or White/Black Kyurem.

PS uses its own animation and doesn't include aesthetic changes on Pokemon during said animations, so I doubt Zenith Marshadow will be implemented when regular Marshadow uses any move.
I understand, but Neutral and Active Xerneas were implemented, and they work exactly like Kyurem's Overdrive modes. Why is one implemented and the others not?

Deleted User 594026

Banned deucer.
Xerneas was implemented because it reveals itself being picked on VGC. Zenith Marshadow is only aesthetic, it doesn't have any competitive implications, as Clementine said.
I also don't see any competitive purpose of showing if Xerneas is either Neutral or Active, as they are purely aesthetic forms, with no combat implications (and it is almost as straight as Xerneas is Active in battle, Neutral elsewhere). Still, I accept Clementine's explanation for why Zenith Marshadow is very unlikely to be implemented.

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
I also don't see any competitive purpose of showing if Xerneas is either Neutral or Active, as they are purely aesthetic forms, with no combat implications (and it is almost as straight as Xerneas is Active in battle, Neutral elsewhere).
I see that you didn't open the link I provided. VGC is a Bring 6 pick 4 metagame, and it was discovered that Xerneas would appear Neutral during team picking phases, but if picked (and only if picked) it will become Active on team preview. So the competitive aspect is that you can tell if a Xerneas was picked as one of the 4 Pokemon even if it doesn't enter the field on turn 1.

Still, I accept Clementine's explanation for why Zenith Marshadow is very unlikely to be implemented.
Closing then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)