Zoom-Smack: Roaring Moon/Volcarona Hyper Offense

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my RMT! This team, as stated in the title, is a ho team built by me. There are currently two versions of the team where one member is switched out so I will include that mon. It was designed to try and address an issue which I will explain below.

Teambuilding process: It's been a while since my last ou team so I decicded to make another.

Looking at the recent unbannings I decided to start my team with roaring moon, which I have never used before and wanted to try, and volcarona, one of my favorite mons. Their roles are fairly self evident: special and physical sweeper/wallbreakers.

After that I decided to add iron boulder as I had never used it and it offered speed control, Type coverage, and wallbreaking potential.

I then added great tusk as a good physical wall/utility/wallbreaker.

Kingambit followed as I needed a cleaner/revenge killer. It's kingambit.

The last mon gave me issues for a while, as I needed something that could help me deal with dragons and water types better, two weaknesses of the team. The first mon I used was Enamorous, which is very effective and fits well with my team, but has no value against water. I started having a bit of trouble with rain teams. I then tried primarily as I got fairy typing, water resist, and energy ball. It was designed to be a bulky calm mind sweeper. This did help significantly with rain teams but had less favorable matchups by far compared to enamorous In other areas. I would appreciate suggestions on this matter. Both are listed below.

Team:

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Role: Sweeper/wallbreaker
This is a fairly common set, after only 1 DD Roaring Moon can sweep a lot of mons which forces my opponent to play around it a bit. Knock Off item removal is very helpful in many situations and provides a strong STAB move. Acrobatics is an amazing move that destroys opponents after booster energy is used, and earthquake provides great coverage against rock types after a tera flying, and steel types, especially for killing or severely weakening kingambit.

Iron Boulder @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mighty Cleave
- Zen Headbutt
- Close Combat

Role: Revenge Killer/ Speed Control
With booster energy boosting speed boulder is one of the fastest threats in the metagame, with a great attack stat to boot. I use this often to revenge kill mons as well as for great coverage. Swords dance can turn this into a potential set up sweeper although it is fairly hard to get off sometimes because of boulder's main weakness, its frailty. Mighty Cleave is a great stab move that does big damage to even neutral foes, and provides a much needed type. Zen Headbutt is great against fighting mons in particular who expect earthquake. Close combat along with tera fighting allow boulder to fight dark type and specifically opposing roaring moon as boulder is still faster after the moon has d-danced. Mighty cleave also still deals with it when terastallized.

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Tera Blast

Role: sweeper/ wallbreaker
Volcarona is a great sweeper and provides a much needed special attacker. The set is fairly standard, quiver dance allows it so set up and sweep, buzz and fiery dance are great stab moves with fiery dance allowing Volc to further boost its special attack. Tera water with tera blast is an amazing combo for me as I get free set up turns against water types and a super effective attacks against rock and ground mons, such as great tusk, which would normally force a switch.

Great Tusk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin

Role: Physical Wall/Utility/Wallbreaker
Great Tusk fills a lot of roles on my team. His great physical bulk allows me to often switch him in to take a hit. I use rapid spin both to remove hazards and for the speed boost, which can be quite helpful. Headlong rush and Close Combat are both 120 bp STAB moves that deal big damage to even neutral foes. Ice Spinner is a much needed coverage move that allows great tusk to deal with mons that would otherwise wall it, especially things such as Gliscor and Landorus. Tera Ice can reverse some weaknesses and gives ice spinner more power.

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Role: Cleaner/Revenge Killer/Late game sweeper
Kingambit fulfills a very traditional role on my team. Iron head is a great threat to fairies, something that the rest of my team was somewhat lacking in. Swords dance boosts sucker punch to extreme levels. I opted for a bulkier gambit vs a somewhat faster one as I am still able to outspeed slower threats and this provides bulk and a good resist to many things. I chose low kick over kowtow for going against opposing kingambits and other dark/steek types that resist my STABS. with tera fighting boosting this and switching resists and type effectiveness.

Enamorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Tera Blast
- Healing Wish

Role: Speed Control/ Potential Sweeper
The first of the two mons that share the last slot, Enamorus is great for my team as it gets moonblast, a much needed type, and the traditional Contrary Stellar Tera Blast. Healing wish allows a weakened enamorous to come in and give another mon a chance to sweep. It is able to get it off in most cases due to choice scarf. Earth power is used to deal with poison and steels that may come in upon seeing enamorus.

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Draining Kiss

Role: Water resist/slow, bulky sweeper
Primarina was my attempt to get a better rain matchup, which it does help in some regards. It is fairly similar to the hatterene set and provides water resist as well as enegy ball for water types. Calm Mind allows it so set up in special attack and special defense, so I gave it max defense to provide bulk on that side as well. Draining kiss provides a fairy type move that also allows primarina to heal, something that is needed due to its low speed. Surf is the best water STAB available. This mon is certainly not bad but I highly prefer enamorous in general, partially as it fits my team well and partially because I am better at playing fast mons than slow ones, especially sweepers.

Threats:
As I stated, the main threat to this team is rain teams, which are quite common right now. Other threats can usually be played around.

Thanks for reading my RMT! I appreciate any advice you have to give as well as any suggestions for the rain team issues. I have been doing fairly well with this team overall and believe that with a little refinement it could be a very strong team. Thanks again for any advice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)