Tournaments Zoomer: A RBY ZU Tournament (won by torkonpeter)

whos your favourite tour host

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teh

the saint
is a Pre-Contributor
1702361104031.png

Banner by me :)
Hey everyone! With the release of the first official RBY PU viability rankings, ZU is now (kind of) a real tier! Magmar, Scyther, and Vileplume have all been granted PU status, and Abra has been shoved down the Pit of Despair and ended up in ZU. There's no better way to celebrate tier shifts than with a tournament!

Tournament Rules:
  • Matches will be best-of-three in every round (defined as the first player to win two games; ties are not counted).
  • All tournament games must be played on Pokemon Showdown!, and all replays of all tournament games must be posted.
  • The matches will be played in the [Gen 1] PU. I recommend using the following Challenge Command to prevent cheating:
/challenge gen1pu @@@ -Arcanine, -Dragonair, -Drowzee, -Fearow, -Gastly, -Graveler, -Machamp, -Magmar, -Nidoqueen, -Omanyte, -Pinsir, -Porygon, -Rapidash, -Scyther, -Seaking, -Staryu, -Vileplume
  • This is a Double Elimination bracket. Each player will play a minimum of 2 rounds.
  • A bracket reset will occur if the player from the Losers' bracket wins the first set. The player coming from the Winners' bracket will be sent to the Losers' bracket and another best-of-three set will begin.
    • Players may choose to play the second set at a later date.
  • Each round will last exactly one week, barring extensions.
  • All general tournament rules and guidelines apply.
If you need any help with the ruleset or just have any question in general, feel free to dm me or Gastlies on Smogon or Discord.

Post "in" to sign up. Signups will be open until December 17th @ 11:59pm GMT-5. Signups may be extended if both the tour hosts are asleep at the time.

1. With ZU Olympiad coming up, this tournament is a great opportunity to give Sandslash a retest to see if the meta is able to handle it.
  2. It's kind of up in the air if this tier is a Ruins of Alph tier or a ZU forum tier. There's an argument to be made that Sandslash wasn't even officially banned in the first place!
  3. It's MY tournament and I GET TO MAKE THE RULES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)