Zoroark discussion

the best way to use it, imo, is to aid stoutland's sweep. come in in sand storm, disguised as stoutland. if the oponent has a slowbro as their physical wall, dark pulse on the predicted switch. if its tangrowth, flamethrower. machamp? extransensory. this is soo effective.

lol if ou players didnt notice EXCADRILL taking regular stealth rock damage and taking stuff from ss, i doubt people will be suspicious of a normal type taking ss damage.

Stoutland is one of the top UU threats, besides its other ability is Intimidate... you'd be a fool not to realise what ability Stoutland has...

Chances are, if you disguise him as a shedinja, you get at least one free turn to nasty plot as they switch to their shedinja killer, only to find out that its a +2 zoroark.
I was thinking- what are the best zoroark disguises? Dont let them know what you are so soon.

I run a ghost type as a disguise, as they resist dark's weaknesses and vice versa.
Chandelure sunny day solar beam shadow ball a fire type move
zoroark fire type move sub nasty plot dark move

They usually dont notice. and i have a spinner, so that helps too.

Actually, I think all Zoroark movesets are viable. I thought of using the Swords Dance set, in order to maximize the power of Sucker Punch. However, Zoroark's physical moveset is quite limited, and normally, most people would fit a special move even on SD sets.

Team Preview can be annoying at times, as you lose your element of surprise (to a certain extent). Sometimes I use Zoroark as a lead (Disguised as Swampert or something), and my moveset is Dark Pulse (I hate misses), Grass Knot (it works well against Bulky waters such as Swampert and Quagsire), Flamethrower (for the omnipresent bugs) and Focus Blast (coverage). Zoroark can be used after a double down, or it can be used right after one of your Pokes faint. Scare an opponent away with your illusion, getting a free Nasty Plot/Swords Dance, and proceed to sweep (even though there are always quicker threats to destroy Zoroark). Overall, I think Zoroark deserves to be in OU, even though it's Stats don't really fit too well.

In my opinion for a Zoroark is that It can be a good lead as long as a pokemon when disguised as is not a Ground, Rock or Steel in the sandstorm due to it can take damage telling if for example. If I lead with a Zoroark and the opponent leads with a Hippotas(how do I spell it) with eviolite. Your Zoroark is disguised as a Flygon but due to Flygon being a Ground/Dragon Type but it can still take damage from the sand, then its a Zoroark. I only used it in PO battles because on my Pokemon Black None of my pokemon are ready for battle because I dont have the proper way to get 100s via PokeSav or gen because I use action replay sometimes but its not working anymore so I cannot do Wifi battles other then PO.

Back on topic: Seeing that Zoroark can be abit Frail because of the bad points are its Defenses but it has Decent Speed and offensive stats. the Moveset and EVs I used are the following bellow

-4 HP
-252 SpA
-252 SpE

Choice Specs and Modest

Focus blast
Flamethrower
NightDaze
Grassknot

Alternitvely I could use HP Ice to counter Flygons or Gligars If I encounter one by replacing grass knot as a filler move. Choice Specs Zoroark with modest nature can be a monster when played correctly but bad thing about it is Scarfed users can outspeed your Zoroark and take it out. To fix the speed, Give it a Scarf or Have your Zoroark timid nature. Seeing I prefer Scarf Modest over Timid and Scarfed, Zoroark Can outspeed every thing but You wont do as much damage as Choice Specs/Modest Zoroark. That was my opinion on a Zoroark

P.S: Excuse my bad english

Actually, I think TP can make Zoroark more useable.
True, you're more likely to successfully trick the opponent without TP available, but when they know you have Zoro they're forced to gamble on whether or not you've just sent him out.
If it looks like you sent out a Machamp, they have to decide. Do they switch to something that can deal with Machamp and risk either a Pursuit or losing their switch-in to one of Zoro's special attacks, or do they stay in and risk taking No Guard DynamicPunches and Stone Edges?

only if they don't notice your stoutland suddenly taking damage from the sand...
this is kind of old, but
stoutland (and zoroark) usually doesn't switch into attacks anyway. comes out after something dies, so this isn't an issue

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ahem. Active Zoroark user here.

I have no idea why bluemon suggested disguising it as Stoutland. Sure, this may work against inexperienced players, but against any experienced player, the strategy will fail. Not to mention, Stoutland and Zoroark both share a Fighting weakness anyway.

Really good disguises for Zoroark include Heracross and Mew. Mew is especially great because it can learn Nasty Plot as well (and someone using Nasty Plot Mew wouldn't look very suspicious either), so Zoroark can still use Nasty Plot while disguised as Mew and retain its disguise. Heracross will still be an issue, though, although only Scarf Heracross will be an issue (which is still bad because Scarf is Heracross's most common set IIRC). You will certainly need a teammate that can get past Heracross. Really though, you can use just about anything as long as SR, (Toxic) Spikes, and Sandstorm damage won't give it away, though I do recommend avoiding disguising it as another Pokemon that has a Fighting weakness. It won't go well.

Like Heracross, Cobalion can also cause problems for Zoroark, especially if it comes in on Dark Pulse/Night Daze. Typically what I do about this is use a Scarf Heracross of my own to force Cobalion out.

Also, through my use of Zoroark, I've noticed that using Dual Screens with it actually really helps. Don't count on this letting you survive Heracross's Close Combat, but neutral attacks that OHKO it otherwise will usually turn into 2HKOs. Xatu's a good teammate because it can set up these dual screens, reflect status, use U-turn, and even use Wish.

Either way, when it comes to disguising Zoroark as roflStoutland, don't do it. Just don't.

A Comparison!

I have noticed interesting trends in the strategies of both Zoroark and Ditto. Both Pokemon rely on the ability to be something that they are not, and confuse the opponent. However, because both ruses are easily broken, I do not think that either will create too many disturbances in the trends of the game.
However, Sun-Tsu commented on how Surprise can be a very effective tactic. Being in UU or NU does not invalidate the power of either Pokemon in the OU tier as a surprise tactic.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Strategies with Zoroark and Ditto are not very similar at all. Imposter Ditto copies your opponent's active Pokemon's appearance, moves, stats, stat boosts, and even its typing iirc. Zoroark only copies the appearance of the Pokemon in the last spot on your team. Not very similar if you ask me.

Zoroark should be used to lure a counter to something on your team in so you can roast it with the appropriate move. Ditto should be used to revenge kill. Different strategies if you ask me.

Define lure
Zoroark
Seriously. Thats what its best at. LucaroarkZ hit the nail on the head.
Zoroark in ubers + Telepathy Palkia = WIN
Also,, it will see usage in Cap now, with double illusion mind games shenanigans.

this is kind of old, but
stoutland (and zoroark) usually doesn't switch into attacks anyway. comes out after something dies, so this isn't an issue
Or you can complain its a glitch and the ability isnt working properly.
Only on servers, not ingame, obviously.
But if you run lefties, then it works in game if they look away =0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)