Project ZU Community Create-A-Team [Round 4: Submit]

BloodAce

Untier Connoisseur
is a Tiering Contributor
Approved by 5gen and Xayah
Heavily borrowed from
LC CCAT

[Banner Pending]​

Welcome to ZeroUsed Community Create-A-Team!

This project aims to have the community work together to build a competitively viable ZU team, one Pokemon at a time. In the first round, people will submit a Pokemon or core which they would like to see a team built around. In subsequent rounds, people will submit Pokemon that complement what is already on the team. At the end of each round, people can vote on what they like the most, and the submission with the most votes will be added to the team. Ideally, this project will allow newcomers to ZU to see how more experienced players go about building an team.

Rules
  • Please refrain from posting bad or "gimmick" sets. Innovation is fine, but I reserve the right to exclude unviable or extremely niche sets from voting. In general, don't post Pokemon below B- viability without extremely solid reasoning.
  • When posting a Pokemon, post it with a moveset, and a few sentences of description on why you think it fits the team and why you chose the moveset you chose.
  • When voting, you can only select one submission. Explanations of votes are nice but not required.
  • Feel free to discuss other submissions, but please only refute others' sets with solid reasoning (as opposed to saying something like "I hate Bronzor so I don't want to include it").

Last edited:

BloodAce

Untier Connoisseur
is a Tiering Contributor
Round 1 will be beginning today! Please submit a single set or a core for the community to build around. Sets or cores should be viable, and ideally give the team direction. Rounds will last for about a week and nomination phase will be open for about 4 days.

BloodAce

Untier Connoisseur
is a Tiering Contributor

Komala @ Choice Band
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Silvally-Ghost @ Ghost Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Double-Edge
- U-turn

Silvally-Ghost and Choice Band Komala complement each other well and form a solid VoltTurn core. Komala is able to break pokemon such as Pyukumuku that Silvally-Ghost struggles with while Silvally-Ghost is able to offensively pressure pokemon that Komala struggles with such as Gourgeist-XL. Silvally-Ghost and Komala also have solid type synergry with Silvally-Ghost being able to switch into Fighting-Types that beat Komala such as Silvally-Fighting.

Wishiwashi-School @ Figy Berry
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

This is a really interesting core I wanted to build around for a long time. Wishiwashi-School is a strong breaker who can do tremendous damage as long as you keep him healthy. While Wishiwashi doesn´t have access to any kind of reliable recovery, Lickilicky fills this gap with his ability to heal Toxic off with Heal Bell and pass huge Wishes (a Wish from Lickilicky heals 71% of Wishiwashi HP). He also serves as a blank check to almost every special attacker who threatens Wishiwashi out (and even some physical attackers like Electivire).
Earthquake on Wishiwashi is mostly there to hit Mareanie (and damage other water types). I chose not to run speed on Wishiwashi. The next interesting mark to hit would be neutral base 45 (Golem, Mareanie), but Golem rarely runs zero speed (according to the usage statistics) and Mareanie alone doesn´t seem worth the decrease in bulk that would accompany the increased speed. The Lickilicky set is absolutely standard.
(And what sets this core apart from ever other core in existence is the spectacular fit between the names: Wishiwashi and Lickilicky - good job, Pokemon)

Edit: added Figy Berry over Iapapa Berry on Wishiwashi. They do the same for Wishiwashi, but Figy Berry punishes common Switcheroo/Trick users since they usually use -Atk natures (Kadabra, special Floatze, Rotom-Fan, Mr. Mime).

Last edited:

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
+

I think Silvally-Electric has a lot of potential. Defensive mons that typically take care of Electric-types (read: E-vire) such as Tangela, Golem, and Gourgeist do not like taking an Ice Beam or Pledge and special walls such as Lickilicky, Komala, Muk, etc. get u-turned on which Komala can take advantage of. I think the biggest appeal of this set for me is that its an Electric-type that keeps the pressure up without having to double switch thanks to U-turn. One of the things I dislike most about Electivire in this metagame is that its a huge momentum sap if you predict incorrectly with your volt or coverage move (this is true for other electrics volting into grounds as well), Silvally-E doesn't really have that issue, although it does lack the speed and late game cleaning potential of Scarf Evire. I could see this core struggling with hazard removal if we forgo defog on Sivlally-E, and it needs some rounding out defensively from future partners, but I like the way it shakes out on paper.

Silvally-Electric @ Electric Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Pledge / Defog
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Komala @ Choice Band
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Image result for monferno

Monferno @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Monferno is an excellent anti lead that of course also works great at securing rocks. This is because of its decent speed, Fake Out, and sash + blaze combo.

Take lead monferno vs last months most popular leads in all of ZU:

1 Golem | 5.13097% | 905 | 5.131% |
| 2 | Sandslash | 3.99138% | 704 | 3.991% |
| 3 | Crustle | 3.09559% | 546 | 3.096% |
| 4 | Electivire | 3.03889% | 536 | 3.039% |
| 5 | Electrode | 2.48894% | 439 | 2.489% |
| 6 | Arbok | 2.08640% | 368 | 2.086% |
| 7 | Kecleon | 2.04105% | 360 | 2.041% |
| 8 | Silvally-Water | 1.92766% | 340 | 1.928% |
| 9 | Shuckle | 1.85395% | 327 | 1.854% |
| 10 | Rotom-Fan | 1.76324% | 311 | 1.763% |

Monferno is faster than all other Stealth Rock users, as well as faster than many Defog users like Rotom-F, which can help guarantee a taunt. Fake Out breaks other sashes / sturdies, and out speeds Kek's fake out. Stealth Rocks can easily be gotten up, and you can easily build momentum with a Flare Blitz that knocks you out before a Rapid Spin or Defog gets off.

Lead Monferno is without doubt a mon catering towards HO, and can be a great lead. If the team revolves around a more stall friendly playstyle, I would not suggest using this set.

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
+

Shiftry @ Leftovers
Ability: Pickpocket
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Synthesis
- Defog

Muk @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Poison Jab

The idea of this core is to take advantage of Shiftry's ability to check the best rockers in the tier, Bronzor and Golem, to help Curse Muk sweep. Synthesis+Lefties on Shiftry gives it significantly more longevity and room to whittle down the opposing team with its great STABs. On the other hand, Muk acts as a wall to things like Combusken, special Swanna, and Tangela. As a result, Shiftry and Muk have great synergy.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
+

Blitzen (Sawsbuck-Winter) (M) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Sap Sipper
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Double-Edge
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance

Solid Head (Rampardos) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Crunch

This is a core I've been really wanting to build around but haven't yet experimented with. The idea behind this core is essentially just breaking everything with Choice Scarf Rampardos or use it as a late game cleaner. Sawsbuck compliments Rampardos somewhat nicely by sweeping and breaking Pokemon that Rampardos may have trouble with. Don't really have much else to say besides its a really cool core with a lot of options for support in later stages of team building!

Beheeyem @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

Rapidash @ Groundium Z / Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will o Wisp
- High Horsepower
- Flare Blitz

This is a core I came up with last night but couldn't immediately build a team with. The basic idea is that Rapidash threatens out or flat-out KOs most of the mons who give Beheeyem trouble defensively (Bronzor, I'm looking at you), as well as the notable faster attackers in the tier (Non-choiced base 95s, Shiftry (who will expect a Will O), Pinsir, etc. Beheeyem appreciates this, as it does not like fast threats setting up alongside or straight-up KO'ing it. I like Groundium for this core because it allows Dash to power through Golem, which otherwise does a hefty chunk to Beheeyem. Dash has trouble with pressuring/intimidating Special Attackers (especially Swanna, since it's carrying Will o > Wild Charge), though, which is where the second element of this team comes in

At first glance, you may be confused by the SpDef spread of Beheeyem, but hear me out here; if you run the calcs, Defensive Colbur still has a hard time setting up on physical/dark threats (Shiftry, Vally-Dark, Golem, etc). It just doesn't have the inherent Physical bulk to pull it off effectively. However, SpDef EVs allow it to completely eat Special Swanna (Z-Hurricane is absorbed very easily), Special Combusken, Silvally-Dragon, etc. All Special Silvally forms are setup fodder as well, including Silvally-Ghost (45-51% from Shadow Ball). Keep in mind that most or all of these physical threats are effectively checked or crippled by Rapidash.

Additionally, keeping Colbur on-hand allows Beheeyem to eat a hit from its most likely switch-ins (Shiftry, Silv-Dark, Knock Off users, etc) and KO the offending mon in return. Beheeyem has enough inherent bulk to take under 50% from uninvested U-turns and Multi-Attacks from Silvally (Most notably Ground).

tl;dr: Beheeyem has very few defensive answers, all of which are pressured and eliminated by Rapidash, and can hold its own against most of the meta while boosting up with Nasty Plot against Swanna and other special attackers which give Rapidash trouble.

BloodAce

Untier Connoisseur
is a Tiering Contributor
The voting phase for R1 has began. You have until Tuesday to get your votes in for the set or core you want to build around. Do not vote for your own submission.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)