one man's custard is another man's pudding
With gen 8 ZU still months away, an inactive gen 7 ZU ladder, and ZU old gens that need work, we could use something to boost our activity and help us finalize our old gens before the new generation comes. These room tournaments will comprise of generations 3-7, ADV to SM, and will run on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. These tournaments will have forum thread and a leader board independent from the room's monthly leader board so we can keep track of everything.
- ADV and DPP tournaments will run on Saturdays. These generations will have one tournament each.
- BW and ORAS tournaments will run on Sundays. These generations will have one tournament each.
- SM tournaments will run Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Because SM is ZU's most popular and relevant generation at the moment, there will be 3 official room tours each day.
- The schedule is as follows:
- ADV: Saturdays at 3:00 pm GMT -5 (EDT)
- DPP: Saturdays after the ADV tournament
- BW: Sundays at 3:00 pm GMT -5 (EDT)
- ORAS: Sundays after the BW tournament
- SM: Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 3:00 pm*, 4:00 pm, and 5:00 pm GMT -5 (EDT) Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- *After DPP and ORAS on Saturday and Sunday.
- The scoring system used for official room tours will be the same as what is used in Smogon Tour, Classic and Grand Slam:
- Rounds 1-3: Winning in the first 3 rounds gives you 1 point per win.
- Round 4 and above: Winning Round 4 and every subsequent round will give you 2 points per win.
- Same ruling as Smogon Tour for winning off byes
- "When getting a bye instead of an actual opponent to defeat, it is important to note that you won't be awarded your point(s) for said round until you've won the following round. If, for example, you get a bye for Round 1 and win in Round 2, then you'll get the points for both rounds after winning your round 2 game. However, if you lose your Round 2 game in that same scenario, you won't be awarded any points for that [room tournament], because you didn't actually win in Round 1 either. "
- Alts must be identified and you must give your smogon account in order to get points in the sheet. Without proof of an alt, points will not be added onto your main account as we can't tell who you are.
- Because SM will have 9 official room tournaments each week and ADV-ORAS will have 4 all together, there will be a leader board for SM and one for ADV-ORAS collectively As for rewards (SM and ADV-ORAS separate):
- Prizes are not set in stone as of now. We are still deciding the best kinds of rewards.
- ADV-SM total points 1st place: star role in ZU room and a custom Discord tag
- SM 1st place: custom Discord tag and picks first forum tour of gen 8
- ADV-ORAS 1st place: custom Discord tag and free art commison of your favorite oldgens ZU pokemon (courtesy of Ho3nConfirm3d)
Standings sheet is here. Logs of the tours will be posted in this thread to keep track of everything.
Ho3nConfirm3d 1st place SM and total
5gen 1st place old gens